Not all paedophiles are priests

Started by winghalfun, June 14, 2012, 02:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

winghalfun

QuoteWho ever said otherwise?

Absolutely no one.

But in my opinion previous posts on this issue become very personal and quickly lose balance.

And no one will tell me any different that some posters take great delight in castigating all the church and all priests in retribution for the crimes of a few.

johnneycool

Quote from: winghalfun on June 14, 2012, 03:13:26 PM

Absolutely no one.

But in my opinion previous posts on this issue become very personal and quickly lose balance.

And no one will tell me any different that some posters take great delight in castigating all the church and all priests in retribution for the crimes of a few.

Then you've missed the point.

Paedophiles are present in most walks of life for sure, but if an organisation such as the scouts or teaching profession sheltered them and allowed them to carry on their evil deeds unabaited then that's a whole different ball game.

TyrionLannister

All that article proves is that priests prefer the real thing, not that virtual stuff.

Cold tea

Quote from: TyrionLannister on June 14, 2012, 03:31:51 PM
All that article proves is that priests prefer the real thing, not that virtual stuff.

What a disgusting post.  >:(

Santino

Was talking to someone recently who is involved in investigation into abuse in the Catholic Church  and they have discovered that child sexual abuse is no more prevalent in the church than in any other cross section of society. It is way more common than most people realise....

Wildweasel74

p45 for the games of thrones man methinks!!!

Quote from: Santino on June 14, 2012, 11:50:38 PM
Was talking to someone recently who is involved in investigation into abuse in the Catholic Church  and they have discovered that child sexual abuse is no more prevalent in the church than in any other cross section of society. It is way more common than most people realise....

Recent figures released by the charity Child Line have revealed that 59% of the perpetrators of child abuse are family members.

Figures released by the NSPCC last year further illustrate the frequency of family perpetrators in instances of abuse.  In counselling sessions for victims where the perpetrator has been disclosed, one third of victims stated the abuser to be their own father. Furthermore, the Chief Executive of NAPAC has revealed that in the 10 years NAPAC has been running, almost 100% of victims of sexual abuse cite the perpetrator to be a family member or someone who is well known and trusted by them. 
O'Neills Therapist

mylestheslasher

Quote from: johnneycool on June 14, 2012, 03:20:16 PM
Quote from: winghalfun on June 14, 2012, 03:13:26 PM

Absolutely no one.

Then you've missed the point.

Paedophiles are present in most walks of life for sure, but if an organisation such as the scouts or teaching profession sheltered them and allowed them to carry on their evil deeds unabaited then that's a whole different ball game.

Isn't it amazing that even after everything that has happened in the last 50 years people still miss the point? Do they miss the point intentionally is what I wonder.

theskull1

I think it shows that indoctrination from an early age does work on a portion of the population. Unbelievable to the rest that it had to be explained to him why the church gets it in the neck.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

TyrionLannister

Quote from: Cold tea on June 14, 2012, 03:56:53 PM
Quote from: TyrionLannister on June 14, 2012, 03:31:51 PM

What a disgusting post.  >:(

Apologies for the offence, but it was a sarcastic reply to the idiocy of the original statement.

My cutting point is that just because priests are not named in the article, that does not mean they are any more or any less involved in paedophilia. I was countering a stupid argument.

cornafean

Still, it was a rather sick post.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.