Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

De Gea, half decent shot stopper. But he's far from world class, or even the best in the PL.

He has far too many attributes lacking in his game to be considered world class. A goalie is not just all about shot stopping.

Taylor

Quote from: BennyCake on April 03, 2019, 01:06:19 PM
De Gea, half decent shot stopper. But he's far from world class, or even the best in the PL.

He has far too many attributes lacking in his game to be considered world class. A goalie is not just all about shot stopping.

To be fair Benny he is significantly more than a half decent shot stopper - he is a world class shot stopper but correct on the bravery element.

magpie seanie

April fools day has lasted a good while on here! A tough defeat making the top 4 tough to make but no need to go mental. It's a miracle United are in contention for top 4 as it stands and still have a good chance plus a CL quarter final where nothing is expected of the team.

I fully expect OGS to get the players he wants in the summer and a far stronger United will be in place for next season. I'd love them to be in the CL as they could be in with a chance if the squad is well strengthened rather than going into the Barca game just hoping they give a good account of themselves.

mouview

Big question; how did Pogba get home last night?

Maroon Manc

Good result yesterday for United's top 4 hopes with Arsenal losing. Looking at their fixtures think they'll drop plenty more points away from home but I'd expect Spurs to finish 3rd; They'll likely lose to City but win every other game. United have tough fixtures but at least their at OT whilst Chelsea have away game at OT, Anfield and at Leicester.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 08, 2019, 11:12:25 AM
Good result yesterday for United's top 4 hopes with Arsenal losing. Looking at their fixtures think they'll drop plenty more points away from home but I'd expect Spurs to finish 3rd; They'll likely lose to City but win every other game. United have tough fixtures but at least their at OT whilst Chelsea have away game at OT, Anfield and at Leicester.

I think there will be dropped points between all the top 4/5 before the end of the season.
Interesting run in and fair play to Ole for getting them in the position to even fight for it.

Liverpool are winning but are stuttering and if I was them I would be worried about that Chelsea match.

Boycey

No errand in showing up tonight? Olé out..

Cunny Funt

Going by logic (yes logic doesn't always happen in this sport) Barca should win tonight against a United team in poor recent form. Another problem is United's CL record at home all season has been poor with just 1 win and 1 goal a late Fellaini winner against Young boys. United chances not helped with Herrera,Matic out injured and while Rashford might play he won't be near 100% fit.

Ole will have his work cut out to make sure Suarez,Messi,Coutinho up against likely Young,Jones,Smalling isn't a total mis-match. Anyway it's CL quarter final a game sold out weeks ago and a stage that most didn't expect United to be in when PSG won 2-0 in Feb at Old Trafford.

Maroon Manc

I'd be happy with a 0-0 tonight, would be delighted with any sort of win. Expectancy just isn't there.

BennyCake

Barca will win 2-0 tonight.

Suárez 2.

Main Street

Quote from: BennyCake on April 10, 2019, 06:30:27 PM
Barca will win 2-0 tonight.

Suárez 2.
First one scored on 12 minutes.

Over the Bar

VAR if used correctly would have resulted in a penalty for handball by Shaw!

gallsman

Quote from: Over the Bar on April 10, 2019, 08:24:43 PM
VAR if used correctly would have resulted in a penalty for handball by Shaw!

You talk so much shite on this thread I think you might actually be serious.

BennyCake

Barca 85.2% possession  :o

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.