Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

Just because someone on here said he left doesn't make it gospel. Wonder why did he leave anyway? Things getting bad when even Mickey's own clubmen can't stand the sight of him.

ctrallying

Team talk reporting that Mc shane heading down under,thank god i did not renew my season ticket,could be a short year,Tyrone really lacking a stand out forward now.

RedHand88

Quote from: ctrallying on January 01, 2020, 10:53:21 PM
Team talk reporting that Mc shane heading down under,thank god i did not   renew my season ticket,could be a short year,Tyrone really lacking a stand out forward now.

Two year deal. Tyrones only hope is scuppered for 2020.

Can you blame him??

WeGoAgain

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 01, 2020, 10:56:29 PM
Quote from: ctrallying on January 01, 2020, 10:53:21 PM

Team talk reporting that Mc shane heading down under,thank god i did not   renew my season ticket,could be a short year,Tyrone really lacking a stand out forward now.

Two year deal. Tyrones only hope is scuppered for 2020.

Can you blame him??

You couldn't blame him no. Wish him all the best and hope it goes well for him!

I would be concerned about Tyrone's chances for survival in division 1 for next year however. Our top scorers from the last 2 seasons have now both left. Add to that Mattie Donnelly's injury. It could be a short season for Tyrone?

redhandefender

It will sadly all end in tears for mickey. he seems the only one that can't see its time to go. he can put whatever spin on it he wants but we are in serious trouble

southtyronegael

We are haemorrhaging talent both on and off the field because of harte. When will we say enough is enough?

GetOverTheBar

McShane going had been doing the rounds before Xmas, if the figures talked of are true then absolutely good luck to him - he could actually make it too, the way he plays. But I don't know if he'd be big enough to play in FF in AFL.

From Tyrone point of view, absolute disaster. Donegal are probably ahead anyway, even though they've their own problem with McNailias opting out too. Monaghan are unknown, the rest of Ulster just got a massive shot in the arm.

The league is the league, there'll be the inevitable meltdown here during it but again, it's the league. New rules, new players....you just don't know.

skeog

Good luck to Cathal great opportunity for him.Big loss but i am sure Tyrone will adapt without him.As the saying goes one man doesnt make a team.I can still recall people who doubted his selection on the team.

tyrone08

Quote from: skeog on January 02, 2020, 10:05:37 AM
Good luck to Cathal great opportunity for him.Big loss but i am sure Tyrone will adapt without him.As the saying goes one man doesnt make a team.I can still recall people who doubted his selection on the team.

To be fair I did doubt him a few years ago, but in defense you can only judge a player on how they are playing at that moment in time. No one outside the camp could have foreseen him going into FF and becoming a beast. I suspect that Stevie O'Neill had a big impact on him.

If McShane does go then fair play to him but Tyrone are in serious trouble. Where will the points/goals come from now? I suspect it will be a very very short season for Tyrone but in the long run it may be for the best. A short season will hopefully stop Harte getting another extension. A few years building a new team with a new manager and hopefully we can complete against the top 3 teams for a change instead of getting beat every time we play them.

phpearse

I understand that he is removed from the players WhatsApp group. So looks as if the story is correct.

trailer

What a huge loss. He has no faith in Harte or the management team.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

I would welcome a change in management at this stage but it hardly seems fair to blame Mickey for this one. If Cathal has a shot at a few years as a pro athlete then good luck to him.

WT4E

Heard a rumour over Christmas

This is Mickeys last year and Malachy O'Rourke will be in next year. Apparently Slaughtneil had approached MOR looking him to take minimum two years so he couldnt do it as he knows he will be with Tyrone next year an thats why he ended up elsewhere as he is doing it on the basis of 1 year.

Could be dung but sounds interesting anyone else hear anything about this?

redhandefender

Quote from: WT4E on January 02, 2020, 11:39:37 AM

This is Mickeys last year and Malachy O'Rourke will be in next year. Apparently Slaughtneil had approached MOR looking him to take minimum two years so he couldnt do it as he knows he will be with Tyrone next year an thats why he ended up elsewhere as he is doing it on the basis of 1 year.

Nonsense, at this stage harte is still planning to stay and most of the cronies in garvaghey will back that. The clubs need to step up

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: WT4E on January 02, 2020, 11:39:37 AM

Who is O'Rourke with this year?