Qualifiers.

Started by The Monument Road, June 04, 2017, 06:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laoiseabu

The age profile of the team suggests we are hardly going to be flying around the pitch aswell

Laoiseabu

Clare are not great they made hard work of Limerick. But with our current situation and no show in the back line I can't see us doing it again .

Junior Ex Laoistalk

We beat them in a challenge game back in May this year, hope they didn't learn too much from that..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

ILikeStrawberryJam

How did Timmons play lads?

Faugheen

I dont know what all the pessimism is about, we ran them ragged for at least 60 out of the 75mins played. We were cruising and 9pts up around 10mins into the second half when Creedon made 4 or 5 substitutions in a short space of time.
We lost all our momentum and Wicklow brought it back to 3. We then took control again and stretched our lead back out to 9. then with 2 or 3 minutes to go they kicked in 2 hopeful high balls and tagged on 2 goals, how often do you see this happening when a team is well ahead ?.
I know Brody made at least 3 good saves during the game but that's why he's there. But some of the substitutions, both incoming and outgoing were puzzling.

Faugheen

Quote from: ILikeStrawberryJam on June 20, 2017, 12:47:28 PM
How did Timmons play lads?
Thought he done well enough for his first game. Held Furlong scoreless from play.Looked a bit rusty at times.

theoldvet

Looking at the Kildare v Meath  match programme
I see of the starting 15,   4 players came from Celbridge, 
3 from Athy  and 3 from Johnstownbridge  [ and that not counting the other Cribbin player from J,town who is out injured.
that nearly 3/4 of the team from 3 clubs,

What does that say about us ?

Tony

Quote from: theoldvet on June 21, 2017, 09:10:19 PM
3 from Athy  and 3 from Johnstownbridge  [ and that not counting the other Cribbin player from J,town who is out injured.

I don't get your point mate. Dublin team VS Carlow had players from 11 different clubs. What does that say about Dublin?! Are Kildare the pinnacle now, should we all copy them including Dublin?! Your point doesn't make much sense, in my opinion.

OTF

Quote from: theoldvet on June 21, 2017, 09:10:19 PM

Nothing.

What we should be looking at is that there's only  2 starters from Portlaoise , Josephs, Port, Mountmellick and Graigue.
As the small rural clubs are keeping up their end of the deal by providing the bulk of the players its clear where the future focus need to be concentrated.

Unlaoised

Looking forward to the home game against Clare.

Laois were in total control in wicklow but we seemed to loose concentration which was worrying still the late goals added a gloss to their scoreline that wasn't deserved.

Best for Laois were Brody,Begley O Loughlin walsh and Donie...Mention to Finn who did very well when he came in esp with his direct ball to donie which is a decent weapon.

Timmons was olid if a bit rusty ...attride was playing well until back carded .Mcmahon was a bit off the pace but was on a good player.

Lillis was very rusty and made two bad errors but looked in decent shape and showed very well for the ball.

O'Carroll was going okay till his injury.

LAOIS ABÚ

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Wouldn't agree with you regarding O'Loughlin and Begley, they started well but faded badly very quickly. O'Loughlin took a solid hit early on and it seemed to knock him off his stride for a while. He did play well but not a patch on what he can do.
Begley disappeared for long periods during that game and some of his passes were very disappointing for such a talented player. If we can get the best from these lads next day we can win this one.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Tony

A lot of our top players were injured for the real training in wintertime. It's really showing now in championship. We just don't have the endurance that we should have. 8-10 players were out at different times over winter and spring and most of them are starters now. It's not strange that we look like we're lacking in fitness at the latter stages of either half. First 20 mins of half, we're all good as endurance is good enough to go that level. We're struggling a bit in the legs and lungs after that.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Tony on June 22, 2017, 02:54:45 PM
A lot of our top players were injured for the real training in wintertime. It's really showing now in championship. We just don't have the endurance that we should have. 8-10 players were out at different times over winter and spring and most of them are starters now. It's not strange that we look like we're lacking in fitness at the latter stages of either half. First 20 mins of half, we're all good as endurance is good enough to go that level. We're struggling a bit in the legs and lungs after that.

I actually thought you had stopped.
I see you haven't
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Tony

Have you ever trained, keyser? If so, what don't you accept about that? Clearly true. List what's false about it, in detail. the post is nothing to do with creedon.

Giovanni

For me, there's nothing wrong with pointing out some of the obstacles that the current manager has to face (although it is very debatable indeed whether injuries can account for the lack of pace throughout the team).

However, I find it hard to take you seriously because last year, according to you, all we needed was a manager "with brains". If we had a manager "with brains" all the failures of last year would evaporate and we would reach our true potential. The injuries that we had or the fact that several important players found something better to do wasn't taken into consideration then.

Now we have a manager "with brains" and every possible reason is given for the poor performances apart from the manager. That just doesn't make sense.

I have no interest or connection to any particular manager but if you're a fan of Creedon it might be more convincing to point out the evidence of his successes rather than presenting excuses for his failure. For example, the fact that he's managed to keep the whole panel together certainly is a good sign. I'm struggling to think of others but they may be there.

The continual trotting out of excuses is not very convincing and more than a bit irritating, particularly when set against your diatribes from last year.