Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: armaghniac on June 20, 2023, 07:27:16 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on June 20, 2023, 05:35:54 PM
Darragh Canavan's performance on Sunday reminded me of Peter in his day.
Taking men on, jinking this way then that. Able to turn off either foot and score.

And like back in the day he hasn't much else on the team around him.

Must have really hurt you to get beat by Tyrone in second gear

Jerome

Quote from: Tyrone2021 on June 20, 2023, 11:14:36 PM
Quote from: Jerome on June 19, 2023, 08:51:02 PM
Quote from: 03,05,08 on June 19, 2023, 03:33:18 PM
Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on June 19, 2023, 02:49:23 PM
Obv we don't see what's going on in training - it's a selfish point of view here from a fans perspective - but we have a monster of a man in mcgleenan on the bench, why is he on the panel if we won't use him?

Jesus he's a colossus, in at 14 with one or both canavans and McCurry round him for the break, you'd imagine it's worth a try.

Would definitely give other teams something to think about. If it didn't work he could always be subbed off and revert to type.

Mc gleenan hasn't dominated in any club game I've seen him in as of yet, why would he be able to do it in county?

When did you see him playing for the club?
Mcgleenan has played against Carrickmore a few times now, always seems to be matched up against one of our stronger runners and is left chasing shadows. Don't think he's the answer

When was this, because Eglish were Division 2 last year, he would have played very little for them and he hasn't played for Eglish this year yet?
So are you saying a 18 or 19 year old didn't star against one of the leading teams in the county?

Tyrone11234

Quote from: CK_Redhand on June 20, 2023, 10:23:35 PM
There was doom and gloom in 2021. Actually, every year as far as I can remember. Win and you're great, lose and you're shite.
There no was no gloom this late in the 2021 Championship.

rrhf

rrhf

I am looking forward to this game. Absolute do or die.  Genuinely think there is a lot of things starting to go right there as well. We can  improve massively on the things that we were doing wrong.

Tyrone11234

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on June 21, 2023, 07:57:31 PM
Quote from: Tyrone11234 on June 21, 2023, 05:51:41 PM
There was doom and gloom in 2021. Actually, every year as far as I can remember. Win and you're great, lose and you're shite.
The championship hadn't started by this time of year but Tyrone had just suffered a huge league defeat in Killarney.
Obviously not talking about time of the year, deep into championship we had beaten 3 good teams to win Ulster and eventually went on to beat Kerry and Mayo

ONeill

Because of what happened 2 years ago, you cannot write this squad off. It's just that you haven't seen more than 20 mins at that level for 2 years now and are hoping it suddenly happens this Sunday
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

CK_Redhand

Quote from: Tyrone11234 on June 21, 2023, 09:53:33 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on June 21, 2023, 07:57:31 PM
Quote from: Tyrone11234 on June 21, 2023, 05:51:41 PM
The championship hadn't started by this time of year but Tyrone had just suffered a huge league defeat in Killarney.
Obviously not talking about time of the year, deep into championship we had beaten 3 good teams to win Ulster and eventually went on to beat Kerry and Mayo
Tyrone were huge underdogs before the semi final versus Kerry. Yes we had won Ulster but nobody gave us a chance for Sam (granted the covid situation played a large part in this).

rrhf

Quote from: ONeill on June 21, 2023, 09:56:29 PM
Because of what happened 2 years ago, you cannot write this squad off. It's just that you haven't seen more than 20 mins at that level for 2 years now and are hoping it suddenly happens this Sunday
If they leave it to Sunday it could be too late...

Redhand Santa

Your just hoping that they can get through this week and the sight of a big team next week in Croke Park really draws the best out of them. Our record in Ballybofey this last decade has been miserable, can't face another defeat there again this week. Though we're undefeated in knockout championship games there.

Canavan has stepped up arguably giving us a greater threat up front than two years ago. It's legs around that middle zone that has been a big issue. Even the likes of Hampsey and McNamee aren't getting forward as regularly either.

clarshack

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 22, 2023, 07:52:44 AM
Your just hoping that they can get through this week and the sight of a big team next week in Croke Park really draws the best out of them. Our record in Ballybofey this last decade has been miserable, can't face another defeat there again this week. Though we're undefeated in knockout championship games there.

Canavan has stepped up arguably giving us a greater threat up front than two years ago. It's legs around that middle zone that has been a big issue. Even the likes of Hampsey and McNamee aren't getting forward as regularly either.

Donegal knocked us out in 2020 at Ballybofey.

Redhand Santa

Forgot about that - was thinking the super 8 was the only knockout game.

ONeill

Quote from: rrhf on June 22, 2023, 12:23:46 AM
Quote from: ONeill on June 21, 2023, 09:56:29 PM
If they leave it to Sunday it could be too late...

Maybe it'll be delayed til 10pm, then extra time and penalties.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Aaron Boone

There is the likelihood of another John Heslin get out of jail card on Saturday.

And there is the (mad) likelihood of beating Dublin or Kerry the following Saturday.

WT4E