Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: SuperHo on May 21, 2018, 11:31:32 AM

Apparently Hart had the groundsmen cut the grass extra short around the 45s to make it more difficult for beggan kickin long range frees. That went well.

Its irrelevant who takes over from Hart. The next boy in will no doubt crash and burn but sweet jebus do we just drag on forever?  I had tickets, can nearly see the pitch from the front door but could not be arsed going to watch it.  Glad I didn't. As for super 8s, lets see what happens in the draw. When is it?

Does it really matter, you wouldn't be much of a supporter.
Living the dream!!!

Fuzzman

Haven't read anything above at all yet.
Did any of ye notice how the Monaghan young lads at half time just seemed to steam roll our smaller lads.
Their No 5 was like a monster truck just pushing players out of his way to barge through

I hope that's not a sign of things to come.

Can't help but wonder is there an element of posing and posturing by the Tyrone panel that they think they're flash Harry's that they've made it to the first team now and they don't have to work hard and put in the effort.
I felt yesterday AGAIN there was a HUGE lack of go to players who were highly motivated to lift the others

When RoN came on for Sparky I was worried right away. Our lack of subs on the bench is enough to get me worried that Mickey is putting far too much effort on stopping the other teams and not enough on our own attack play. He seems a man under pressure though his antics off the pitch isn't helping his cause either I feel.

Bendyerback

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 21, 2018, 11:04:41 AM
Quote from: TROUSERS on May 21, 2018, 09:55:35 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 21, 2018, 09:49:36 AM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on May 21, 2018, 09:38:50 AM
Quote from: trailer on May 21, 2018, 09:31:18 AM
Harte has lost the team by the looks of it. Even setting aside RO'N's strop, Tyrone conceded 1-18 with their 'defensive system' - that's shocking. It looks like the players are simply doing their own thing. Also while Monaghan were very good, the fact Tyrone constantly gave away scoreable frees for Beggan to stroke over, just showed a complete lack of discipline.
Niall Morgan had another poor day at the office. MF didn't help him to be fair, but coming up to kick that free really put the tin hat on things.
Outside of Skeet very few won their own personal battles. 2nd best all round I'm afraid and if the draw is unkind it'll be a short summer.

I hate to say Harte out, as that's just lazy and Monaghan were a serious animal yesterday but perhaps he has taken this group as far as he can?

OK but who is good enough to replace him?  The only person I can see is O'Rourke.  He is currently the best manager in Ireland but currently tied up with you, the team that beat Tyrone yesterday. 

Is there anyone in Tyrone who can manage this team better than Harte?  I see a lot of Harte out campaigners but I see nobody offering a viable alternative...........maybe because there isn't one?

That discussion needs to take place, the unfortunate thing is when Mickey requested a 2 year extended stay as county manager the balloons in Garvaghy give him 3. I'm led to believe that this is reviewed and can still be ended if the support is there to do so. I'd like to see a county representative to bring this to the table, put it out to the clubs. Not now but as soon as we exit the championship.

I believe he has lost the dressing room, I don't think he's had it for a few years, perhaps Sean Cavanagh's book may tell more but him as Mickey's captain to think so lowly of the enforced tactics can only make you think there are major issues.

Clubs put Harte in for three years.

Kyle Coney should still be on the squad on Club form.

I'm going to assume you have seen Kyle more than me this year but from what I have seen I couldn't disagree more.  The lad has absolutely no work rate, give him the ball he is accurate and can kick a score but he will give you nothing else, his attitude is sulky if things are going badly he isn't one that will step forward looking to bring the fight.  Skeet yesterday was excellent he put in a real shift, Coney isn't capable of doing that.  Shay McGuigan is a different story, there's a footballer with something to offer but I don't think he would entertain a county call up.

I wouldn't have either about the place, I've seen Kyle's use of wing mirrors and if your anticipating a slap from the opposition you may forget about it. As for the other, full of football, but he wouldn't be the best of role models.

Taylor

Quote from: Bendyerback on May 21, 2018, 11:54:27 AM
Harte has lost the team by the looks of it. Even setting aside RO'N's strop, Tyrone conceded 1-18 with their 'defensive system' - that's shocking. It looks like the players are simply doing their own thing. Also while Monaghan were very good, the fact Tyrone constantly gave away scoreable frees for Beggan to stroke over, just showed a complete lack of discipline.
Niall Morgan had another poor day at the office. MF didn't help him to be fair, but coming up to kick that free really put the tin hat on things.
Outside of Skeet very few won their own personal battles. 2nd best all round I'm afraid and if the draw is unkind it'll be a short summer.

I hate to say Harte out, as that's just lazy and Monaghan were a serious animal yesterday but perhaps he has taken this group as far as he can?

OK but who is good enough to replace him?  The only person I can see is O'Rourke.  He is currently the best manager in Ireland but currently tied up with you, the team that beat Tyrone yesterday. 

Is there anyone in Tyrone who can manage this team better than Harte?  I see a lot of Harte out campaigners but I see nobody offering a viable alternative...........maybe because there isn't one?

That discussion needs to take place, the unfortunate thing is when Mickey requested a 2 year extended stay as county manager the balloons in Garvaghy give him 3. I'm led to believe that this is reviewed and can still be ended if the support is there to do so. I'd like to see a county representative to bring this to the table, put it out to the clubs. Not now but as soon as we exit the championship.

I believe he has lost the dressing room, I don't think he's had it for a few years, perhaps Sean Cavanagh's book may tell more but him as Mickey's captain to think so lowly of the enforced tactics can only make you think there are major issues.

I'm going to assume you have seen Kyle more than me this year but from what I have seen I couldn't disagree more.  The lad has absolutely no work rate, give him the ball he is accurate and can kick a score but he will give you nothing else, his attitude is sulky if things are going badly he isn't one that will step forward looking to bring the fight.  Skeet yesterday was excellent he put in a real shift, Coney isn't capable of doing that.  Shay McGuigan is a different story, there's a footballer with something to offer but I don't think he would entertain a county call up.

I wouldn't have either about the place, I've seen Kyle's use of wing mirrors and if your anticipating a slap from the opposition you may forget about it. As for the other, full of football, but he wouldn't be the best of role models.

Both would be good impact players but very doubtful they would be happy training flat out to sit on the bench until needed.

We badly need a few leaders on the pitch

redzone

We won the toss and strangely played with the wind rather than against it, stifle the life out of them and slow the game down rather than sit back with it. The two throw ins summed it up. Colly doesn't contest the first one then McClure needs to take a six step run at the second half one, added to the fact the ref throws it up 3 yards and way over to the Monaghan side.
Other teams have figured out how to beat our game plan by simply not kicking it down the middle and attacking down the wings. It's not good enough to concede kickouts and not tackle until they reach inside our 45. All day Monaghan came at us in 3 and 4s were as we had nobody coming off the shoulder. Orourke knew that if u stop Donnelly, sludden and harte you 3/4 the way there.
Will be interesting to see if Harte makes changes and what the tactics will be. Ive a feelings he will do neither. If we are honest there a few that could be let go on now

Ty4Sam

Quote from: redzone on May 21, 2018, 12:10:04 PM
We won the toss and strangely played with the wind rather than against it, stifle the life out of them and slow the game down rather than sit back with it. The two throw ins summed it up. Colly doesn't contest the first one then McClure needs to take a six step run at the second half one, added to the fact the ref throws it up 3 yards and way over to the Monaghan side.
Other teams have figured out how to beat our game plan by simply not kicking it down the middle and attacking down the wings. It's not good enough to concede kickouts and not tackle until they reach inside our 45. All day Monaghan came at us in 3 and 4s were as we had nobody coming off the shoulder. Orourke knew that if u stop Donnelly, sludden and harte you 3/4 the way there.
Will be interesting to see if Harte makes changes and what the tactics will be. Ive a feelings he will do neither. If we are honest there a few that could be let go on now

This is spot on! Monaghan used the exact same tactic that Dublin used last year, using the wide areas of the pitch to attack then coming inside when our defence was stretched.Can Harte come up with something to negate this tactic? I don't think so on current showing. Sticking Colm Cavanagh back as a sweeper just doesn't cut it anymore, teams have worked out how to get around it.

TROUSERS

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 21, 2018, 10:07:16 AM

No no you're wrong, I have this on good authority. Club delegates were asked the question about renewing Harte and he overwhelmingly won that vote with only 4 clubs suggesting to seek a new manager. That ended the clubs role in the discussion. You then have the likes of Mickey Harvey and Petesy Kennedy stepping in with their own agenda and got the backing from other DELEGATES (not clubs) to give him 3 years or as and when he decides to call it a day.

You would need to do better investigation.

redzone

Very hard to counteract it other than to foul there players off the ball way out the field. Same as Dessie Maine did to Harte all day. Pulled and dragged him anytime he could off the play. I just don't think that we have that level of aggression. Mind you there is a few on the bench who have. H.p for one. Surely Rory Brennan should have lined up to man mark O'Connell who was man of the match for me. Did he not do a number on mchugh before.
Fuzz is right. I didn't see the half time incident but f**k me imangine that happening with Gormley or ricey or Jordan on the team. They would have been down the tunnel after them 
That s why I'm calling for a few to be let go. You might get by with having one or the other but if you don't have skill or aggression you are wasting your time

Taylor

Quote from: redzone on May 21, 2018, 12:52:16 PM
Very hard to counteract it other than to foul there players off the ball way out the field. Same as Dessie Maine did to Harte all day. Pulled and dragged him anytime he could off the play. I just don't think that we have that level of aggression. Mind you there is a few on the bench who have. H.p for one. Surely Rory Brennan should have lined up to man mark O'Connell who was man of the match for me. Did he not do a number on mchugh before.
Fuzz is right. I didn't see the half time incident but f**k me imangine that happening with Gormley or ricey or Jordan on the team. They would have been down the tunnel after them 
That s why I'm calling for a few to be let go. You might get by with having one or the other but if you don't have skill or aggression you are wasting your time

?

TROUSERS

Quote from: Bendyerback on May 21, 2018, 11:54:27 AM

Kyle Coney has been real good for Ardboe all year.

In hiding

Quote from: redzone on May 21, 2018, 12:52:16 PM

Ah here stop would ye. Fuzz is talking about the primary school kids game at half time. I know Ricey was aggressive but hopefully he wouldn't be chasing 11 year olds down the tunnel

redzone

Lmfao not for the first time I haven't read a post right. Still I think everyone would say the level of aggression is just not there unfortunately

RedHand88

Quote from: TopOfTheRight13 on May 20, 2018, 11:50:24 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 20, 2018, 11:29:00 PM
Cavanagh is definitely not done!! Worst statement I've seen on here in a long time. He 'bluffs' (as you put it) in round the full back line because that's the role he is given. He could be as easily thrust into the full forward line and asked to play as a target man that he was as a minor when he won an all Ireland. If he was unleashed and allowed to carry the fight he would be a different animal.

That wouldn't work because Harte needs a sweeper as part of his system and there is no finer sweeper in Ireland. There is no trust in the panel for others to step up and Colm Cavanagh hasn't kicked a ball for his club and didn't feature in the latter league games.

McNulty and McClure surely have to be questioning their role in the setup. 

I thought McShane was very poor today. Mickey has a panel of 35ish? Are there any of the other 9 outside of the 26 named today going to be knocking the door down for a chance next day out?

Sure why not play Kyle coney ronie o Neill and Darren mccurry as sweepers too then sure they played starring roles for there minors in all ireland wins. Living in the past. I beg to differ on finer sweepers in ireland when you play a defensive system... Colly cav wouldn't lace cian o sullivans boots.. You think for one second cavanagh would make Dublin /kerry team.. I think not. Surely Richie donnelly has to be given a chance... Breed the new blood... Mick mckernan was standout... Ciaran mcloughlin worth a shout too

He just won an all star and plays for Ireland, but he wouldn't make the Dublin or Kerry team?? The nonsense on this forum gets worse every day. I hope to god the players don't read the drivel from fools like you.

Delegater

No no you're wrong, I have this on good authority. Club delegates were asked the question about renewing Harte and he overwhelmingly won that vote with only 4 clubs suggesting to seek a new manager. That ended the clubs role in the discussion. You then have the likes of Mickey Harvey and Petesy Kennedy stepping in with their own agenda and got the backing from other DELEGATES (not clubs) to give him 3 years or as and when he decides to call it a day.

That's quite the insight. Is this information readily available or do you have to be a county delegate to know this?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Delegater on May 21, 2018, 01:30:07 PM

That's quite the insight. Is this information readily available or do you have to be a county delegate to know this?

Tyrone committee meeting minutes are very accessible and the county rep would/should update their clubs of the happenings up there so its not secretive.  Our delegate would forward the minutes to anyone interested.  I do owe an apology to Mickey Harvey on checking the minutes.  The 3 Year term was a proposal by Petesy Kennedy seconded by C Corr.  Supported by 36 other delegates where 18 delegates supported a 2 year term.

Only 4 delegates supported a termination of term.
Living the dream!!!