Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 30, 2018, 09:01:57 PM
obviously that wouldnt work with mark bradley or mc curry. but i bet if the likes of mattie donnelly got a few balls like that into him on the edge of the square he could do the same.

That's bullshit though, Mattie played at FF for a number of games last year and didn't make an impression.

southtyronegael

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 31, 2018, 05:45:39 PM
obviously that wouldnt work with mark bradley or mc curry. but i bet if the likes of mattie donnelly got a few balls like that into him on the edge of the square he could do the same.

That's bullshit though, Mattie played at FF for a number of games last year and didn't make an impression.
eh he didnt make an impression cause nobody knew how to kick a good accurate pass into him. thats the fuckin problem man, wake up.

redzone

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 31, 2018, 06:31:02 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on January 31, 2018, 05:45:39 PM

eh he didnt make an impression cause nobody knew how to kick a good accurate pass into him. thats the fuckin problem man, wake up.
Plenty a ball was kicked into him, it wasnt failure but definitely wasn't a success. You wouldn't know as u don't attend the games. Anyway the lads trained 4 times last week with only one thing on their minds,  the mighty dubs. Il chat u on Saturday night after the game fergal

RedHand88

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 31, 2018, 05:39:02 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on January 31, 2018, 05:11:17 PM
McCann is one of the first names on the team sheet now. One of a few (inc colm cav, harte) who are willing to drive at lines of defence with the ball now instead of going sidewards over and over. Your criticism of him southtyrone is completely uncalled for.
well I disagree but if I see him do the biz in a big game in croker ill admit I was wrong.

Wasn't he man of the match for the division 2 league final in 2016???

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 31, 2018, 04:19:07 PM
Quote from: driveherin on January 31, 2018, 03:49:19 PM
Tiarnan more interested in his tan, six pack and hair than putting in a big hit like Keegan. In other words -  he hasn't got the balls!
he hasn't got the balls or the football ability to cut it at the top level.

I'd safely say Tiarnan would have more balls than any of the faceless no marks on here who sit at their computers and slag him off. I've been incredibly impressed with how he has dealt with the whole media shit storm surrounding him after the Monaghan game a few years ago. He knuckled down, worked hard on his game and has turned himself into one of our most important players - for me that alone took plenty of balls. Yes he may not have the skill of a Lee Keegan but he's improved beyond recognition in the last few years. But I suppose if you have a bit of a tan and a different hair cut then you are leaving yourself open to these sort of comments from gulpins.
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 31, 2018, 07:50:33 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on January 31, 2018, 05:39:02 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on January 31, 2018, 05:11:17 PM
McCann is one of the first names on the team sheet now. One of a few (inc colm cav, harte) who are willing to drive at lines of defence with the ball now instead of going sidewards over and over. Your criticism of him southtyrone is completely uncalled for.
well I disagree but if I see him do the biz in a big game in croker ill admit I was wrong.

Wasn't he man of the match for the division 2 league final in 2016???
he prob was and maybe a couple of mc kenna cup finals too but im talking about the big games.

In hiding

Question for all you knowlegeable people out there. Just imagine you were managing a team and had to pick a full forward line from Paul Geaney, Paul Mannion, Dean Rock, Cillian O Connor, Andy Moran, Paddy Mc Brearty and Mark Bradley, what would it be ?

driveherin

Paddy McBrearty, Dean Roack, Paul Geaney

Il Bomber Destro

Club boi

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 31, 2018, 08:10:16 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on January 31, 2018, 04:19:07 PM
Quote from: driveherin on January 31, 2018, 03:49:19 PM
Tiarnan more interested in his tan, six pack and hair than putting in a big hit like Keegan. In other words -  he hasn't got the balls!
he hasn't got the balls or the football ability to cut it at the top level.

I'd safely say Tiarnan would have more balls than any of the faceless no marks on here who sit at their computers and slag him off. I've been incredibly impressed with how he has dealt with the whole media shit storm surrounding him after the Monaghan game a few years ago. He knuckled down, worked hard on his game and has turned himself into one of our most important players - for me that alone took plenty of balls. Yes he may not have the skill of a Lee Keegan but he's improved beyond recognition in the last few years. But I suppose if you have a bit of a tan and a different hair cut then you are leaving yourself open to these sort of comments from gulpins.

Its just like 10 years ago when you were "different" for wearing white boots and actually targeting for abuse until it became the norm

T Mc Cann is a fantastic Footballer

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: In hiding on January 31, 2018, 11:11:21 PM
Question for all you knowlegeable people out there. Just imagine you were managing a team and had to pick a full forward line from Paul Geaney, Paul Mannion, Dean Rock, Cillian O Connor, Andy Moran, Paddy Mc Brearty and Mark Bradley, what would it be ?

Moran/McBrearty and COC.

longballin

just read Brolly's column in Gaelic Life... did Harte really say Con O'Callaghan should have been marking back rather than scoring that goal for Dublin in the semi-final last August?  wtf!! he really believes that goal won the game... Tyrone were played off the park for 70+ minutes Mickey. Smell the coffee.

In hiding

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 01, 2018, 09:36:59 AM
Quote from: In hiding on January 31, 2018, 11:11:21 PM

Moran/McBrearty and COC.

interesting

The Bearded One

Quote from: longballin on February 01, 2018, 09:53:29 AM
just read Brolly's column in Gaelic Life... did Harte really say Con O'Callaghan should have been marking back rather than scoring that goal for Dublin in the semi-final last August?  wtf!! he really believes that goal won the game... Tyrone were played off the park for 70+ minutes Mickey. Smell the coffee.

Yes, he did. He said he wouldn't be happy if his forward let a defender go forward and didn't track back...said he was 'dishonest'...
It is what it is. Presumably.

longballin

Quote from: The Bearded One on February 01, 2018, 09:58:54 AM
Quote from: longballin on February 01, 2018, 09:53:29 AM

Yes, he did. He said he wouldn't be happy if his forward let a defender go forward and didn't track back...said he was 'dishonest'...

Dishonestly buried the ball in the Tyrone net  :D  and Harte supposed to be a top coach?!  : 0