Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

benny, you actually think that if harte survives the next 3 years he is gonna walk away after it? lol

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 07, 2017, 10:16:55 PM
benny, you actually think that if harte survives the next 3 years he is gonna walk away after it? lol

Oh he'll survive the three years alright and he'll walk away with Sam under his arm. 😜 But whatever you think of Harte he has undoubtedly given great service to Tyrone and I believe a 3 year contract is fair to build on the last two years and by then I think if he's no closer to Sam then we should have a successor in place. There really is no genuine contenders for the role at the minute.
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

ive a funny feeling youl be sayin the same thing in 3 years time.

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 07, 2017, 10:48:47 PM

Well it's up to the county board to ensure that there is potential alternatives in place. Perhaps someone like Collie Holmes might have developed into a possible candidate. Or other members of the 03-08 era might possibly have more managerial experience to bring to the table.
That was never a square ball!!

Gaffer

What's it to you who is the manager of Tyrone?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Legoman5

Quote from: GJL on September 06, 2017, 09:40:10 AM
Quote from: Legoman5 on September 06, 2017, 09:11:37 AM
Quote from: redhandefender on September 05, 2017, 03:50:47 PM
Quote from: Legoman5 on September 05, 2017, 03:39:59 PM
What I believe will happen is that Mickey Will stay on and will not be pushed out, Weather or not that is 1 or 2 years I dont know but I believe he will definately be back to defend his Ulster title!
As for future replacements within the next year or 2, there are 3 main men to choose from in my opinion:

O'Rourke
McGleenan
Logan

This is just what I think, Men like Canavan would be in the backroom team, Porter will O'Rourke Etc

Nonsense Malachy O'Rourke will never manage Tyrone not a mission! It will be a tyrone man.

Porter will be lucky to get near a club team in tyrone again after his antics against tyrone

Well maybe your right but I disagree, your thinking what you think and not what our County board will decide and I dont hink it will be your personal call, I think we could go outside the County again for a manager!
As I said when we do change and I dont see why it might not be considered to be O'Rourke as there arent to many candidates, also as off Porter, McCarron wont be there anyway as we're chatting minimum 3 years now aswel (Maybe 2 if Harte walks himself)

again?

John Donnelly managed Tyrone late 80's/early 90's,
He's a Fermanagh man..

sensethetone

Quote from: Gaffer on September 07, 2017, 11:30:51 PM

What's it to you who is the manager of Tyrone?

Maybe he's Rory Gallagher and wanted the job?

RedHand88

Some amount of nonsense talked here about Harte being "found out".

If winning 5 of the 8 cups on offer in the last 2 seasons, back to back Ulsters and staying in division 1 is "being found out" then long may we continue to be found out.

Ffs it was one game against Dublin... we go again in 2018.

jp2020

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 10, 2017, 01:56:16 AM

If winning 5 of the 8 cups on offer in the last 2 seasons, back to back Ulsters and staying in division 1 is "being found out" then long may we continue to be found out.

Good God are you seriously counting mckenna cup and that other mickey mouse blitz in Cross?? Embarassing! If mickeys is targetting winning these to keep his crown we may all forget about it! Then again we are the kings of the mckenna cup! Imagine the backlash if we didnt retain it next year?!

And its not about it being "one game agsinst dublin", we all know mickey has been justifying his drab tactics to build to play the Dubs, that what it has taken c.3yrs to "perfect"!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: jp2020 on September 10, 2017, 08:30:44 AM

Good God are you seriously counting mckenna cup and that other mickey mouse blitz in Cross?? Embarassing! If mickeys is targetting winning these to keep his crown we may all forget about it! Then again we are the kings of the mckenna cup! Imagine the backlash if we didnt retain it next year?!

And its not about it being "one game agsinst dublin", we all know mickey has been justifying his drab tactics to build to play the Dubs, that what it has taken c.3yrs to "perfect"!

Give over with your style of football nonsense.

The only style of football Tyrone fans should be interested in is a winning style of football.

Substance over style, always.

In hiding

Bomber have you nothing better to do with your life other than continually tell people on here what they should do and how wrong they are. F@@k you are tedious

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: In hiding on September 10, 2017, 05:13:42 PM
Bomber have you nothing better to do with your life other than continually tell people on here what they should do and how wrong they are. F@@k you are tedious

Not as tedious as those spouting on about styles of football.

Losing football is losing football.

jp2020

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 10, 2017, 04:48:13 PM
Quote from: jp2020 on September 10, 2017, 08:30:44 AM

Give over with your style of football nonsense.

The only style of football Tyrone fans should be interested in is a winning style of football.

Substance over style, always.

I completely agree, Tyrone should concentrate on a WINNING style, but somebody should tell Mickey that. He has spent years perfecting this current style and it took the Dubs less than 10mins to rip it apart. Forwards are being ruined, bereft of confidence, we could go on......

But 3 more years we have! Ah well, another lost generation......

southtyronegael

heard today that only 4 clubs voted against harte. landslide victory for him. amazing really when u see the oppostion on internet forums. certain stipulations on his new contract though, tyrone have to send a delegate to speak to rte and his backroom team has to be reduced. i wonder who will get the chop?

ONeill

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 10, 2017, 10:07:41 PM
amazing really when u see the oppostion on internet forums.

Goodness gracious.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.