Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: teaminamillion on March 31, 2017, 10:41:28 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on March 31, 2017, 10:04:39 PM
dont know if any of you listened to joe brolly live from crossmaglen on newstalk off the ball but he gave tyrone some goin over.
Joe has family connections in Tyrone and was their chief cheerleader back in the noughties. He knows Tyrone have the players there and it continually frustrates him their potential is been lost under the current drudge. My message to Joe would be, the era of Mickey Harte is coming to an end. Sounds good! Might just say it again Mickey Harte will soon be no longer the Tyrone manager!

😂 This confirms that you are on the wind up!
That was never a square ball!!

teaminamillion

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 31, 2017, 11:00:08 PM
dont know if any of you listened to joe brolly live from crossmaglen on newstalk off the ball but he gave tyrone some goin over.
Joe has family connections in Tyrone and was their chief cheerleader back in the noughties. He knows Tyrone have the players there and it continually frustrates him their potential is been lost under the current drudge. My message to Joe would be, the era of Mickey Harte is coming to an end. Sounds good! Might just say it again Mickey Harte will soon be no longer the Tyrone manager!

😂 This confirms that you are on the wind up!
Do I like to get my point across while at the same time piss people off? Well of course I do.

teaminamillion

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on March 31, 2017, 10:54:59 PM

Every single one of your posts to date have been to criticise Micky Harte. Your a sad individual who is pre-occupied with ridiculing the management as opposed to supporting your county, if indeed it is your county!!
I will get behind my county by doing the right thing and that is to call out Harte and his ways. I won't apologies for that either!Taxi for Harte.

vallankumous

And now he's got twitter followers in Dublin and a good job in RTE.

Il Bomber Destro

Any chance Michael McKernan will be added to the squad after the league?

Harte has added u-21 players to the squad in previous seasons after their Championship has concluded - Meyler and Brennan in 2015 and Burns last year.

McKernan would be the standout player not currenlty involved with the senior set up.

GaelTheGael

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 01, 2017, 09:14:18 AM

Harte has added u-21 players to the squad in previous seasons after their Championship has concluded - Meyler and Brennan in 2015 and Burns last year.

McKernan would be the standout player not currenlty involved with the senior set up.
Talent is there and would add depth, particularly in the full back line. Hes only turned 19 but so might be a bit soon to call him up.
Also a bit of a waste, unlikely to get much chance to impress and another year with his club might be off more benefit than sitting in the stand for Tyrone.

Club boi

Quote from: GaelTheGael on April 01, 2017, 12:40:21 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 01, 2017, 09:14:18 AM

Talent is there and would add depth, particularly in the full back line. Hes only turned 19 but so might be a bit soon to call him up.
Also a bit of a waste, unlikely to get much chance to impress and another year with his club might be off more benefit than sitting in the stand for Tyrone.

Exactly. The careers of so many "Potential" players have been wasted training in Garvaghy and not playing for their clubs

longballin

This is worth listening to. Joe in fine form, plenty of laughs and tells the truth about the rubbish being played by Tyrone and other counties... http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/Off_The_Ball/GAA_on_Off_The_Ball/185966/Joe_Brolly_At_Crossmaglen

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: longballin on April 01, 2017, 02:21:01 PM
This is worth listening to. Joe in fine form, plenty of laughs and tells the truth about the rubbish being played by Tyrone and other counties... http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/Off_The_Ball/GAA_on_Off_The_Ball/185966/Joe_Brolly_At_Crossmaglen

Yeah, playing fast and loose football against this Dublin side has proven to be very successful for many teams.....

The problem now is the gulf in class between the top teams and the rest, there is a huge gap in resources and given players are so much faster, stronger and mobile these days then if you leave space it will be a turkey shoot with the better teams beating the weaker teams at a canter.

Look at the way Dublin dispose of the likes of Longford  and Laois when they go out and play naive football against them 20 + point hammerings.

Look at the way Mayo destroyed Sligo in the Connacht final when they went out and played naive football.

The real problem is not defensive football, the real problem is competitiveness and the gap is only going to widen between the have and have nots.

If defensive football keeps the game more competitive then I'm happy with that rather than the alternative of Dublin having won games by half time.

Give me a dour 8 points to 6 points win over Dublin putting on a clinic in a 4-25 to 11 point exhibitions style Championship game, every day of the week.

southtyronegael

il bomber we are already playing dour football and we arent beating the big teams so seems pointless and wrong. we cant even justify our defensive, negative approach with results.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 01, 2017, 09:12:50 PM
il bomber we are already playing dour football and we arent beating the big teams so seems pointless and wrong. we cant even justify our defensive, negative approach with results.

We are competitive though.

Like it or not we were a few breaks away from beating Mayo last year, we were a few breaks away from beating Kerry the year before.

All the top teams play defensively now, particularly when they face off against each other.

Dublin have the best footballers in the country. They're big, athletic and polished footballers. No team can go and go toe for toe with them in an open attacking game, they will get eaten alive. Playing defensive gives you a chance at least.

It's competitive football, it's substance over style in this game and even Dublin had to reorganise their philosophy after what happened in 2014.

I'm not worried about our style, I think it has worked to a certain degree, we've had the chances and opportunities to be in an All Ireland final but in the end have lacked the quality. Harte is not perfect but he has us in a decent place right now and it's how we progress and cut out the same mistakes that will define whether we can go that step further.

The same mistakes being repeated are worrying but it's small margins we're talking about.

southtyronegael

small margins can make the difference between winning all irelands and not. and we are not making these margins count in our favour. not because we are unlucky, just because we are not brave enough and clinical enough to make it count. do you honestly believe that playing the way we play now is gonna be good enough to beat any of the big 3 come august?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 01, 2017, 09:59:20 PM
small margins can make the difference between winning all irelands and not. and we are not making these margins count in our favour. not because we are unlucky, just because we are not brave enough and clinical enough to make it count. do you honestly believe that playing the way we play now is gonna be good enough to beat any of the big 3 come august?

In what context?

They style we play or the level we're playing it at currently?

The style certainly can win it, small margins is what separates us at the minutes. We know we can limit the big sides to around 12, 13, 14 points.

It's bettering that is problem at the minute but it's not as if we aren't creating the chances. We had them in our exits to Kerry and Mayo in our last two Championship exits, we had them in the games against Dublin and Mayo in the league this year. If we improve our efficiency in front of the posts then we have an excellent chance.

Time will be the answer but I don't think there is any logical reasoning that will sate your desire. You'll be hearing launching scurrilous attacks on Harte irrespective of whether he delivers an All Ireland this year. Will you pledge to resign from the forum if Harte wins an All Ireland this year?

southtyronegael

if harte delivers an all ireland this year then il have nothing more to say so i deffo wont be on here again. i firmly believe that there IS an all ireland in this team but i dont think it will be mickey who will make it happen. too many things against us for it to happen.

longballin

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 01, 2017, 08:55:16 PM
Quote from: longballin on April 01, 2017, 02:21:01 PM

Yeah, playing fast and loose football against this Dublin side has proven to be very successful for many teams.....

The problem now is the gulf in class between the top teams and the rest, there is a huge gap in resources and given players are so much faster, stronger and mobile these days then if you leave space it will be a turkey shoot with the better teams beating the weaker teams at a canter.

Look at the way Dublin dispose of the likes of Longford  and Laois when they go out and play naive football against them 20 + point hammerings.

Look at the way Mayo destroyed Sligo in the Connacht final when they went out and played naive football.

The real problem is not defensive football, the real problem is competitiveness and the gap is only going to widen between the have and have nots.

If defensive football keeps the game more competitive then I'm happy with that rather than the alternative of Dublin having won games by half time.

Give me a dour 8 points to 6 points win over Dublin putting on a clinic in a 4-25 to 11 point exhibitions style Championship game, every day of the week.

Biggest load of nonsense written here in a long time. Gulf in class? Donegal V Tyrone last years Ulster final?