Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

We're did I say swap. If u want to act stupid go ahead

omagh_gael

Correct me if I'm wrong, STG, but weren't you also very vocal in lambasting Tiarnan McCann's value to the county set up? What about his man of the match performance on Saturday night?

Open to correction on this, btw.

skeog

He wouldnt be the only one Tiernan has grown in stature through his hard work.

In hiding

Quote from: redzone on March 05, 2017, 09:55:04 PM
Lol  😂 😂😂. Every time I hear that story about the digger I laugh.

Time for everyone to get behind Harte whether u like him or not or his tactics. There isn't another county in Ireland including Dublin and Kerry that wouldn't want Harte managing them, and we have clowns on here looking him rid. Make the most of him wile we have him.

Quote from: redzone on March 06, 2017, 09:21:03 AM
We're did I say swap. If u want to act stupid go ahead

Are you stupid ???

Fuzzman

I missed the start of the game and didn't hear why Burns, McGeary and Mattie started. Did I hear soemwhere that Sludden hurt his hamstring or something?

Were was Burns actually playing & McGeary playing as they both often seemed to be on their own 40 a lot.
I thought both played well and can see why some of you keep talking about Burns to start. He's another big strong lad and did well not to retaliate to the punch to his face.

It was nice to see us mixing the short running game with the odd long punt in to Mattie & Sean though the Mattie v Wylie battle didn't really materialise that much. Some would say Mattie is totally wasted in there but I think it's good the odd time for him or Sean to lie in there and at least keep the other team guessing how you're gonna play it, rather than running everything.

Mickey O'Neill made a good save and had a decent enough performance from his kick outs.
I noticed Sean was about to hit a free one time and Ronan came out and said he would take it and Sean duly obliged, for Ronan to miss it of course. I really wish Peter Harte would hit all the frees unless they are from a very awkward angle for his left foot.

I thought McCurry did quite well and he certainly looks a lot bulkier and stronger than in other years.
Was very pleased to see Sean kick 3 great points as I was saying lately he passes far too much now and doesn't shoot enough himself.(Never thought I'd type that).

Despite the poor second half I think we can take a lot of positives from that performance and the amount of tight competition for the 8 central positions. McClure was quieter than other games I thought but I much prefer having him there than Mattie. Thought Meyler did a huge amount of work again and I would have him ahead of McShane at the moment.
Is Bradley back for Cavan?

southtyronegael

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 06, 2017, 11:59:17 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, STG, but weren't you also very vocal in lambasting Tiarnan McCann's value to the county set up? What about his man of the match performance on Saturday night?

he took his points very well in fairness but we must remember our players had so much time on the ball in first half they could score at will. not sure he will be the answer against any of the top 3 come summer. he also scored 2 points in county final when game was totally onesided.

blewuporstuffed

McCann is one of only about 5/6 players who is nailed on to start for Tyrone. The rest of the positions are pretty much up for grabs with very little between the players.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

omagh_gael

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 06, 2017, 05:27:34 PM

he took his points very well in fairness but we must remember our players had so much time on the ball in first half they could score at will. not sure he will be the answer against any of the top 3 come summer. he also scored 2 points in county final when game was totally onesided.

Ah come on, he scored both points on Saturday by using his pace and awareness of space. He got space in a packed defence due to his own efforts rather than Monaghan's lack of intensity.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Where exactly are you from southtyronegael, as you as far south as Irvinestown, Emyvale or Charlemont perchance?  :P ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ose 14

dont think anyone on here wants mickey rid???lol. however what most people cant stand judging by the booing on sat night is the shite football. we have no one other than sludden who is willing to take the ball at pace behind a defender as he dosent worry about getting smashed. it takes balls to play that sort of game both inside and outside the white line. as for tiernan mccann he is superb in open space however once he gets closed down like the second half with 2 defensive lines his lack of football nous becomes apparent. if all irelands were handed out on hair gel fake tans sprinting quickly into space diving and not getting smashed then tyrone would have a team of allstars and mccann would be footballer of the year.

In hiding

Quote from: ose 14 on March 07, 2017, 06:46:28 AM
dont think anyone on here wants mickey rid???lol. however what most people cant stand judging by the booing on sat night is the shite football. we have no one other than sludden who is willing to take the ball at pace behind a defender as he dosent worry about getting smashed. it takes balls to play that sort of game both inside and outside the white line. as for tiernan mccann he is superb in open space however once he gets closed down like the second half with 2 defensive lines his lack of football nous becomes apparent. if all irelands were handed out on hair gel fake tans sprinting quickly into space diving and not getting smashed then tyrone would have a team of allstars and mccann would be footballer of the year.
Wise up

macca123

Catch yourself on ye dose

tothetop03

I think first  half Tyrone did kick pass more ball than usual to the full forward...i got a feeling more ball would have been kicked in only Matttie and McCurry did not make the runs wanting the ball bad enough and as the game went on Wylie totally conquered Mattie he stopped running all together the work rate stopped out the field and the whole team ground to a halt which was very disappointing... Monaghan gave us a wee sweat Cavanagh eased that with a couple of great scores...Ruiari Brennan had a shocker when he came on....but early in the year yet Mattie and Brennan both have played little football so far....First half was a good team performance second half stunk of arrogance and laziness...

youhavenofans

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 06, 2017, 05:27:34 PM

the technique and method that Tiernan kicked them points the other night was a skill of its own and not easily done under pressure or not. I was at the bottom end goals behind Tiernan when he kick the two points, and both points looked to be going well wide only to curl in at the end, a skill on its own that he has definitely been practising..

omagh_gael

Rubbish...the whole Tyrone team played dung in the second half not just Tiernan. The pace of the attack completely slowed down and there wasn't many diversion runs our supporting runs off the shoulder to break the defensive line. What pissed me off was we were two men up so we should have been able to protect the defence as usual yet still commit extra men to overlaps to get through the first line of Monaghan's defence on the 40.

Secondly, surely it's to Tiernan's benefit that he was able to find space in the packed Monaghan defence in the 1st half. What you're saying is his skill and speed to make those scores was wee buns and run off the mill stuff? Bullshit.