Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Can a club rent out its pitch to maximise?

square_ball

How do you all think Canavan would have got on in this 'modern' game?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: rrhf on November 17, 2016, 07:25:03 AM

I don't think so if it's vested.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Fuzzman

Quote from: square_ball on November 17, 2016, 09:24:17 AM

I often wondered about that too. I think he would have adapted as he's such an intelligent footballer but we wouldn't have seen many of those weaving runs he used to do in the 90's when he ran through defences beating several men and kicking wonder scores. He would probably be played around the 40 and be used like Gooch has been in the last few years.

Mikhailov

Quote from: rrhf on November 17, 2016, 07:25:03 AM

this is a sticky one - did Nemo rangers in Cork not get into a spot of bother for lending their training pitch to a local rugby club for a few nights last winter. not so sure of the reasons involved but remember hearing or reading something about this.

Mikhailov

not a bother to him - he would have excelled I think because all the physicality is gone and he would run riot. He took and handled serious abuse during the 90's but it didn't annoy him one bit so imagine how we would cope now when you can hardly touch a man and you can be black carded for a foul - there would have been some men black carded back in the day trying to mark him for sure.

In short, Canavan would excel in any era or any style such was his powers.

Il Bomber Destro

Not as well as he did, he would have to play much deeper for a start.

Club boi

Tyrone Seniors Back Training in November #Madness

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Club boi on November 23, 2016, 11:48:44 PM

Harte says the O Fiach Cup will be a good warm up.

Warm up? FFS.

redhandefender

Quote from: Club boi on November 23, 2016, 11:48:44 PM

Tyrone moaners back in November!

bigpackiechestout

Does anyone know how the county training works at this time of year - is it all gym based or pitch based? Is the whole panel training at this stage or is it tailored? Just wondering because there are still a host of county men involved with their clubs in the Division 1 League Semis - i would imagine that these men are still training with their clubs but after the club stuff finishes, would they get a few weeks off before they are expected to report back for county duty? For the Killyclogher lads in particular who will have been training full tilt over the past while, surely it would be madness to expect them to move straight into a pre-season setup without any kind of a break. I'd also be curious to know to what extent the older lads are involved at this stage (Cavanagh's, McMahon's, McCarron starting to fall into that bracket too).

I can see the logic in getting the gym stuff started at this time, and lads whose clubs haven't had much to play for over the past few months will be raring to go, I'm just wondering how much of a tailored approach is taken

the goal was on

Reading sean Cav article yesterday, he basically said they are out on field tues and thurs and in gym with tyrone on a wednesday. Are Tyrone not officially not allowed back to dec some time. This is the problem, I'm sure players would love the rule to be enforced for their own sake but when management call training they can hardly say I'm not going we're allowed to train and I'm not insured if I get injured! Mc Carrons not there this week anyway as he is away to all stars junket. Missing club semi finals so it's just shows his commitment to his club.

skeog

Cathal mc Carron is doing what 99 per cent of club footballers would do. Its the fixture makers who are the cause of football in December which is a joke. Noticed a few players playing on tuesday with UUJ so no rest for them either.No wonder many young men are having joint problems its crazy the Gaa season.

Norf Tyrone

Cathal McShane's season ended 12th Nov.
His pre season started back 22nd Nov.

I think he played for the college during his 10 day off season.

southtyronegael

norf tyrone dont forget tyrone are going for 6 in a row mc kenna cups in early january so it is imperative that we hit the ground running. mickeys really gonna fill the trophy cabinet in his last year!lol