Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

Calm down lads things rome wasnt built in a day far to much pressure put on young lads who sacrifice a lot of things so they can wear the jersey.

mick999

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 24, 2016, 04:34:27 PM
Can anyone summarise the main changes that have been brought in with the development of the academy and what cracks it has covered when compared to the previous setup?

Good interview with Benny here, were he discusses the changes :
http://teamtalkmag.com/2015/04/live-radio-acadamh-thir-eoghain-whats-different-thursday-23rd-april-9pm/

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ose 14 on May 24, 2016, 07:52:40 PM
redhanddeferrer your awful cross and whos moaning. the topic is why did the most prepared minor team in history play as if they never seen each other. i asked a few questions yet you havent answered them only calling me a slabber and someone else brainless. no one else in this conversation is getting personal. look heres a few thoughts.
1 what percentage of sundays minor team were handpicked from the age of 14/15 by the acdamey trained and developed and won every development squad intercounty blitz going. anybody know.
2 norf this ones for you what percentage of yesterdays minor team were developed outside the acadmey system and assisted by club teams and coaching.
3 what percentage of club tyrone/ county board money goes to preparing the dev squads in relation to garvagheys costs or the overall preparation of tyrone teams in general.
for every one of them so called developed minors on sunday last how many others are not being developed.
if benny or iggy or paul is on this board dont be getting cross or personal its a discussion.

I haven't a clue nor am I bothered to look.

My point was that I wouldn't go making rash judgement based on one game.

The bits I've heard re the work being done at underage in Tyrone encourages me, and suggests that time will yield results. Again I am not saying that the 'old way' was wrong. Indeed the previous way of doing things was yielding decent results, and Tyrone GAA structures are in a healthy state. However what has happened now is that the good work of the last 10 years is being built upon and a process of continuous improvement is in place. If in 5 years time we're putting on first round Ulster Championship performances that leave a lot to be desired then perhaps we could scrap and start again.

Also- Winning minor games/ championships should not be the only marker. Sometimes it's the right call to play a system at U17/ U18/ U21 etc that mirrors the senior team. Therefore when a player makes that step up it's seamless. It may mean losing more games at minor, but having a more effective transition to senior football.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

omagh_gael

Quote from: mick999 on May 25, 2016, 08:43:52 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on May 24, 2016, 04:34:27 PM
Can anyone summarise the main changes that have been brought in with the development of the academy and what cracks it has covered when compared to the previous setup?

Good interview with Benny here, were he discusses the changes :
http://teamtalkmag.com/2015/04/live-radio-acadamh-thir-eoghain-whats-different-thursday-23rd-april-9pm/

Cheers Mick

Fuzzman

Lad, living in Dublin I don't get to see any club games.
Just wondering how good do people think Lee Brennan is and will he make a break through this year onto the starting 15 or be a super sub.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 25, 2016, 04:01:22 PM
Just wondering how good do people think Lee Brennan is and will he make a break through this year onto the starting 15 or be a super sub.

I'd say Lee Brennan is there or there abouts our best forward. I think the form of McAliskey, McCurry and O'Neill will keep him off the team for now, but he'll be pushing hard for their spot.

As a side point, the performance of McShane, Richie Donnelly etc will mean the excellent Conor Meyler has to sweat it on the bench for a while.

A good problem to have!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

sambostar

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 25, 2016, 04:06:32 PM

I'd say Lee Brennan is there or there abouts our best forward. I think the form of McAliskey, McCurry and O'Neill will keep him off the team for now, but he'll be pushing hard for their spot.

As a side point, the performance of McShane, Richie Donnelly etc will mean the excellent Conor Meyler has to sweat it on the bench for a while.

A good problem to have!
It would be absolutely ideal to have Lee Brennan out of the spotlight until say an AI semi-final & then unleash him on an unsuspecting Mayo or Dublin defence in the wide open confines of Croke Park ;) 

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 25, 2016, 04:06:32 PM

A good problem to have!

McShane and Donnelly at wing forward give us a bit more size in the middle of the pitch and don't make the neccessity to kick it long the whole time.

Thought O'Neill's kick outs were very good on Sunday though how much of that is down to Derry I don't know. I rate Morgan but think O'Neill should hold onto the no.1 jersey for the time being.

Big competition with the likes of Justy, McNabb, Meyler and Rory Brennan all to come back into contention among others.

Paddy Bradley was on the radio on Monday and claimed Tyrone have the strongest squad in terms of quality in depth in the country.

ose 14

yous couldnt be bothered to look at the acadamey because like the average tyronie because it looks to be working it must be?. thats why we will challenge occasionally and not consistently. lets hope daire canavan is as good as he looks as next years minors and the whole acadamey depend on it.

LeoMc

Quote from: ose 14 on May 26, 2016, 07:24:44 AM
yous couldnt be bothered to look at the acadamey because like the average tyronie because it looks to be working it must be?. thats why we will challenge occasionally and not consistently. lets hope daire canavan is as good as he looks as next years minors and the whole acadamey depend on it.
And you have?
If so can you please answer your own (rhetorical!) questions then?

redhandefender

What?

Under Lights

Quote from: redhandefender on May 26, 2016, 08:54:26 AM

What?

Think its a dig at Iggy Gallagher- not hearing great reports on him either tbf.

bogball88

Wheres the Ulster semi final likely to be held at? Clones?

LeoMc

Quote from: bogball88 on May 26, 2016, 10:55:57 AM
Wheres the Ulster semi final likely to be held at? Clones?
If it is v Cavan it is the logical venue (how many does Enniskillen hold?)
If it is Armagh it is still the most likely as they haven't baled Casement yet.