Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

getevennotcross

Sure where did they learn that negative crap from?  The very essence of gaelic football is too attack and at pace. Let players express themselves! I'm from the North by the way and am totally ashamed that Tyrone call that football. Tyrone are destroying the game. Enjoy the final possibly Dubs v Kerry, u will then see real football.  As I said out Tyroned by Kerry. Up the kingdom.

GlenMan

Quote from: getevennotcross on August 23, 2015, 10:25:09 PM
Sure where did they learn that negative crap from?  The very essence of gaelic football is too attack and at pace. Let players express themselves! I'm from the North by the way and am totally ashamed that Tyrone call that football. Tyrone are destroying the game. Enjoy the final possibly Dubs v Kerry, u will then see real football.  As I said out Tyroned by Kerry. Up the kingdom.

Surely your aware that Donegal popularised the defensive, cynical style of play. Dublin also use mass defence. Tyrone's system only reacted to all the other teams that had overtaken them with a defensive system.

Il Bomber Destro

I think we're in a good place, we've a good bunch of young players there and now we have a defined system in place and finally some new leaders in the team.

I think there's plenty of current players outside the squad at the minute who could really improve the team, I know some of them have had their chances and all but I'd like to see them being give another shot now we have structure to the side:

Coney - I'd like to see him being given a shot round the middle of the pitch, I know he's had his chances and there may have been a falling out with Mickey but he is a very good fielder and played his best football underage further out the pitch. Maybe he's a bit lazy/immobile for the system in place now but there's definitely a footballer in there and he's too good just to discard at this stage.

Conan Grugan - I think he could make a big difference for us. He's a big atheltic guy who can kick great long range scores and could really give aid us on our kickouts from the half forward line.

Hampsey - Looked brilliant for the u21s this year, I think he's good enough to break into our starting team next year and take McCrory's place

Michael Cassidy - Again looked very good for the u21s and the type of dynamic player who would thrive in our current system.

Niall Sludden - Think he deserves a go at county.

McGeary - Should be a cert for the squad next season, very good option for the half back or half forward line

Danny McNulty - Another one of the u21s who should be given a crack, I expected a little more from him this year for the u21s but he has the kind of ball winning abilities we are lacking around the full forward line right now

Is Mark Kavanagh too light for senior intercounty football right now? He's a smashing player.

The Trap

Some good suggestions there Bomber. I would add Harry Og Conlon, very similar to big McNulty and would really suit that system as he is a strong runner and good finisher. In terms of free takers I would say Conor McCreesh is best in the county and could be worked on...........then there are all the under 21s and whoever does well in the club championships........

longballin

Stephen McNally of Coalisland would be well suited to Tyrone's style of play. Was in before but barely given a game. Quality player. 

Stall the Bailer

Hopefully no retirements and we can build on this years progress.

redhandefender

The obvious clear issue here is that we need 2 top class finishers up fron to maybe support cav if he comes back. Mc caliskey, mc curry and morgan bottled it when it mattered. I just don't know where we are going to get them from.

I'm placing a lot of hope in brennan but who else. Possibly Coney worth another shot? Conor O'Donnell from Omagh? he is in serious nick this year. Big Mc Nulty but has he the tempermant and commitment. Can hit a free to.

I think if we got 2 scoring forwards and Mickey o'neill in nets we would not be far away

Mc Geary Burns Hampsey should all come in but they cover positions where we are strong

Soup an Samajiz

Think all this talk of Kyle Coney needs knocked on the head to save wasting time - not an option; most definitely not in favour with the management with legitimate reasons and arguably no better than what the county has at its disposal already. Been given more chances than many others and didn't make it. No point tellin lies, personally feel he's a rotten apple, not one id want on my panel judging from reports anyway
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

Redhand Santa

It's been a decent year for the county team with an u21 all ireland and seniors making semis. Plenty of players getting important championship experience like Meyler, Bradley, Brennan, McCann, mcnulty.

Next year will be very important now. Look what happened Armagh after a good championship last year. It's critical now that we push on and the young boys improve. We shouldn't have any retirements and there is a good age profile in the squad.

It's important the county gets behind Harte now, the signs are there that he's capable of building a new team. This last few years and up until the Monaghan game there's been to much negativity towards the team from within the county. I actually think it helped contribute to players leaving the panel and others turning down the opportunity to join it. With a bit of unity and support I believe we can add to our 3 all Ireland's over the next few years.

Hoping to see the likes of hampsey, Mullan, McGeary called up from the u21s. Also maybe the likes of Sludden and a few others. Mccurry hasn't been consistent enough with the frees but he's still only 22 so could well improve going forward with experience.

Mikhailov

Quote from: redhandefender on August 25, 2015, 10:29:33 AM
The obvious clear issue here is that we need 2 top class finishers up fron to maybe support cav if he comes back. Mc caliskey, mc curry and morgan bottled it when it mattered. I just don't know where we are going to get them from.

I'm placing a lot of hope in brennan but who else. Possibly Coney worth another shot? Conor O'Donnell from Omagh? he is in serious nick this year. Big Mc Nulty but has he the tempermant and commitment. Can hit a free to.

I think if we got 2 scoring forwards and Mickey o'neill in nets we would not be far away

Mc Geary Burns Hampsey should all come in but they cover positions where we are strong

I can name you fifty lads in Tyrone who can hit a free but that is not what we need - we need a man who can score a free in the white heat of championship battle. Loads of players can hit frees when they are 4 or 5 up and curl them over like Messi but not worth a fcuk unless you can do it when it matters - there is no one in Tyrone that springs to mind who is 100% totally reliable...

winghalfback

Quote from: Mikhailov on August 25, 2015, 01:44:30 PM

I can name you fifty lads in Tyrone who can hit a free but that is not what we need - we need a man who can score a free in the white heat of championship battle. Loads of players can hit frees when they are 4 or 5 up and curl them over like Messi but not worth a fcuk unless you can do it when it matters - there is no one in Tyrone that springs to mind who is 100% totally reliable...

Danny doesn't miss many and the ones missed in the last 10 mins the other day he kicks them over with ease.

Mikhailov

Quote from: winghalfback on August 25, 2015, 04:07:15 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on August 25, 2015, 01:44:30 PM

Danny doesn't miss many and the ones missed in the last 10 mins the other day he kicks them over with ease.

My reply to the previous post wasn't individually directed at McNulty - absolutely not.  I directed it at the general club scene in Tyrone where IMO there are no 'out and out' free takers that I would hand on heart back 100 times out of 100 in championship football. McNulty has a super kicking technique and can score from distance but could he have done it on Sunday past when  it was needed.  My other point basically was that plenty of lads could do it when you are few points up but can they do when you are a few points down - totally different scenario

laceer

Quote from: getevennotcross on August 26, 2015, 09:17:29 AM
Quote from: GlenMan on August 23, 2015, 10:51:56 PM

Surely your aware that Donegal popularised the defensive, cynical style of play. Dublin also use mass defence. Tyrone's system only reacted to all the other teams that had oertaken them with a defensive system.
oh did they now? Thatz a load of aul nonsense. Tytone in my book gave destroyed the game . Whilst I gave no love for Brooly and O'Rourke Tyrone have left a very negative impact over the past 12 to 15 year. Have to agree with O'Rourke on this one, most certainly a bad smell has followed Tyrone. As for the cretin Hart the sooner ge moves aside and makes way for Canavan the bettee. The Church, Knights and corporate Tyrone have propped up  the legacy of Hart for too long. I fear he will eventually need to be pushed. For Hart to be equated to the great Mick O'Dwyer is an insult to the Kerry maestro.  Hart us luving on the backs of othoth which sadly is immoral but a common occurrence now days in society. Hes not the only one mind you.

Ask yourself this, are Tyrone so disliked by the majority of counties due to the number of Sams they have won or is it purely because of the tactics, style of football and their cheating/whinging antics?  (Diving, sledging, feigning injury!)

What a load of rambling bullshit.

Snapchap

As for the cretin Hart...

Say what you like about "Hart", but he probably doesn't go online to verbally abuse people from behind a fake name.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: GlenMan on August 23, 2015, 10:51:56 PM

Surely your aware that Donegal popularised the defensive, cynical style of play. Dublin also use mass defence. Tyrone's system only reacted to all the other teams that had oertaken them with a defensive system.
oh did they now? Thatz a load of aul nonsense. Tytone in my book gave destroyed the game . Whilst I gave no love for Brooly and O'Rourke Tyrone have left a very negative impact over the past 12 to 15 year. Have to agree with O'Rourke on this one, most certainly a bad smell has followed Tyrone. As for the cretin Hart the sooner ge moves aside and makes way for Canavan the bettee. The Church, Knights and corporate Tyrone have propped up  the legacy of Hart for too long. I fear he will eventually need to be pushed. For Hart to be equated to the great Mick O'Dwyer is an insult to the Kerry maestro.  Hart us luving on the backs of othoth which sadly is immoral but a common occurrence now days in society. Hes not the only one mind you.

Ask yourself this, are Tyrone so disliked by the majority of counties due to the number of Sams they have won or is it purely because of the tactics, style of football and their cheating/whinging antics?  (Diving, sledging, feigning injury!)

Interesting wind-up angle.

Continue.