Car Problems!!

Started by downgirl, January 04, 2009, 08:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owen Brannigan

Could be the catalytic convertor has become dislodged in the exhaust system, blocking exhaust gases and cutting the power.

omaghjoe

Theres a hole in the flex of your EGR pipe

https://picclick.co.uk/Audi-A4-B6-19-Tdi-Avf-Egr-Pipe-263727846652.html

Shouldn't cost too much to fit....

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: omaghjoe on September 20, 2018, 05:51:15 PM

That's the bit. Fell off today on way to the garage. Thanks

omaghjoe

Quote from: Mhic Easmuint on September 20, 2018, 10:05:23 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on September 20, 2018, 05:51:15 PM

That's the bit. Fell off today on way to the garage. Thanks

Another emissions gimmick.

All just a big hoax to antagonise us  ;)..... and to finance German PHDs  :P

pbat

Buying a new car in London at the weekend and it does not work for me to drive it home at the moment. Has anyone used or know any transport companies that bring them back to the North.

Want to see the cost of getting it done against flying a mate out, hotel for a night, diesel and ferry back and throwing him a few quid for doing it.

omagh_gael

I've used Donnell and Ellis in Omagh a few times and Corr from Cookstown. Both did a good job for between £200-300.

trueblue1234

Johnston Car Transport are usually pretty good as well. £250-£300.

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

pbat

Tried McLoughlin he is looking 650+vat. Thought it a bit steep.

Over the Bar

Do you guys find much value buying from London?  Any particular websites your recommend?   Do you then get the AA to check before committing?

pbat

This is my first time doing it but the car i am buying is 3300 less than the same model and year in David Prentice in Portadown. I found it through AutoTrader, wasn't that far from where I work so went out had a test drive and got the checks on it done. Plus checked the dealers reviews.

TabClear

Quote from: pbat on September 24, 2018, 03:26:59 PM
This is my first time doing it but the car i am buying is 3300 less than the same model and year in David Prentice in Portadown. I found it through AutoTrader, wasn't that far from where I work so went out had a test drive and got the checks on it done. Plus checked the dealers reviews.

Without getting too personal pbat what sort of money are we talking? Is it £3k less on a £15k car or £3k off a £27k one?

The reason I am asking is that I am thinking of doing the same myself but I would probably be in the first band i.e. looking at a £15k budget for something 2-3 years old. If I was going to save £3k I would definitely do it but if it was saving £1k I would probably just buy it here for less hassle and a bit more peace of mind if anything goes wrong (i.e. you can land on the dealers forecourt and kick up a fuss!)

pbat

I am paying 13,200 its 16,500 in Portadown. Still hoping he will take 13 even on Saturday when I am there with the readies. :) Its 2015 I am buying.

tyrone girl

Back with the same kind of problem as before. Basically the car drove fine after after that one time loss of power.
About 2 months ago an error light flashed up saying something like DPF is full continue driving. So i went and bought that DPF cleaner and put it in and gave it a few rattles down the motorway and it was fine. The light went off again.

Anyway today when i went out at lunchtime it flashed up on screen Service Soon and the car went into what i presume is limp mode? Couldnt get it above 40 really and no kick in it at all. Really what i need to know is, is this something has to be brought to a dealer to do a forced regeneration? Or is this something the average mechanic can sort?

Dire Ear

You been to Hobson Electronics?