Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser soze

Quote from: Insane Bolt on March 06, 2019, 10:47:59 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on March 06, 2019, 09:41:23 AM
Jeez cant even make a semi humourous point on this board any more without some of the single-agenda-driven mafia jumping all over it within 10 seconds with their one track mantra.  :-[

Hope your day job is not a stand up comedian 😜

No, I am a full time Wankerspotter, working on commission, having a good day so far.

Rossfan

Quote from: Keyser soze on March 06, 2019, 11:53:00 AM
Jeez cant even make a semi humourous point on this board any more without some of the single-agenda-driven mafia jumping all over it within 10 seconds with their one track mantra.  :-[

No, I am a full time Wankerspotter, working on commission, having a good day so far.

:D ;D :D ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ronnie

Quote from: weareros on March 06, 2019, 11:40:44 AM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on March 06, 2019, 09:31:03 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on March 06, 2019, 09:25:49 AM
Eamonn is a blethering fool, he can talk nonstop for hours on any subject and make no sense on any of them, just loves the sound of his own voice.

Be great craic to let him run the country for a wee while though, see how he gets on.

Sure the gombeens north and south are doing a great job.

I know it's the done thing to lambaste Irish governments, but their performance would stand up to most governments around the world, and southern governments (health notwithstanding) have far out paced British rule in NI in the both the type of society created, standard of living and investment brought into the country. I wonder how talking it down all the time would ever entice soft Unionists and even nationalists to vote for a UI in the event of a border poll post-Brexit.

It'll be lambasted if it doesn't pass the Omnibus Bill today.  Most criticism is just political and mostly  SF v FG and a lot of it unfair but sure if ye can't kick the Govt what can ye kick?

RadioGAAGAA

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/head-of-the-civil-service-or-santa-its-scare-tactics-says-sammy-wilson-over-brexit-warning-37884726.html

Sammy says the head of the Civil Service is scaremongering.

[While I've little respect for the capabilities of the civil service - when even they can see the train coming down the tracks and realise it might be a good idea to step off said tracks - you know it must be pretty clear and obvious!]

But this was of far more interest:
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/sammy-wilson-accuses-top-civil-servant-of-political-motive-on-brexit-37884839.html

QuoteThe East Antrim MP added he found it difficult to believe that business, retailer and farming union members in Northern Ireland, including the NI Chamber of Commerce, support the Withdrawal Agreement.

"I find that rather odd," he said.

"Let's just take the Ulster Farmers' Union – if they had read the agreement they would actually find that state aid rules applying to Northern Ireland would mean that the EU could cap that support, in accordance with what they saw as the appropriate policy.

A direct attack on the UFU.

i usse an speelchekor

Insane Bolt

Quote from: Keyser soze on March 06, 2019, 11:53:00 AM

Get away from in front of the mirror then😂

Insane Bolt

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on March 06, 2019, 07:18:16 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 05, 2019, 07:55:53 PM
McCann has some neck complaining about this when he abstained on the anti Brexit vote in Stormont ensuring a Brexit majority.
The PBPA in the North campaigned for a "leave" vote in the Brexit referendum. If McCann didn't realise that if leave won that there would be a good chance that a customs border at least would apply between NI & RoI then he is either thick as four planks or he's shit stirring.

Maybe he's just smuggling 😩

Dubh driocht

What was the position of Northern Ireland Public Service Alliance (NIPSA), the biggest Trade Union in NI, on Brexit at the time of the referendum?
Here's a clue.
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/brexit/leading-trade-union-nipsa-votes-to-back-brexit-34771245.html

playwiththewind1st

Nobody listens to NIPSA any more. Just composed of 2 political factions, more interested in fighting each other, rather than doing anything concrete for their membership.

seafoid

No deal is at least a 9% hit to GDP

If it happens Scotland could be in play. The economic rationale for NI would also collapse
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RadioGAAGAA

Agreed, you are talking 10+% of a drop of GDP over the space of 2/3 years.

The people stupid enough to espouse #ProjectFear simply are not bright enough to comprehend just how f**ked things will be.
i usse an speelchekor

trailer

No Deal simply cannot be allowed to happen. We are so fucked if that's allowed to happen. Like riots on the streets fucked.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: trailer on March 07, 2019, 10:46:18 AM
No Deal simply cannot be allowed to happen. We are so fucked if that's allowed to happen. Like riots on the streets fucked.

I'm not a man for violence, but politicians would probably end up eating bullets from the angry mobs if they not just advocate but allow no deal to happen.

If enough folks lose family members to drug shortages 'cause of a no-deal, then you'll eventually get a few folks with dangerous capabilities and access to arms, and they are feeling they have little other recourse onto the c**ts that made it happen.
i usse an speelchekor

seafoid

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 07, 2019, 10:36:54 AM
Agreed, you are talking 10+% of a drop of GDP over the space of 2/3 years.

The people stupid enough to espouse #ProjectFear simply are not bright enough to comprehend just how f**ked things will be.
NI is too fragile for an optional economic shock
Loyalist communities in particular will be shafted and very angry as is the norm against the middle class Unionist gobshites who betray them again. The DUP are hoors for this

https://virtualmethodist.blogspot.com/2009/09/coasters.html

Now the fever is high and raging;
Who would have guessed it, coasting along?
The ignorant-sick thresh about in delirium
And tear at the scabs with dirty finger-nails.
The cloud of infection hangs over the city,
A quick change of wind and it
Might spill over the leafy suburbs.
You coasted along.

John Hewitt 1969

seafoid

Nationalists are rational. Unionists drank the Brexit Kool Aid. Brexit is an aisling.
When the economic hit happens the fantasy is dead and the people who believed it get a land.

heganboy

Quote from: seafoid on March 07, 2019, 02:59:37 PM
Nationalists are rational. Unionists drank the Brexit Kool Aid.

a bit too sweeping for my liking
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity