FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maigheo

ros 1.10 Mayo 1.08  8 min to go.Looking like a Ros v leitrim final

Ringfort

Ros beat Mayo and Leitrim come back and draw with Sligo. Sounded great on shannonside. Love the start of the season, even the flaming FBD!!

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on January 19, 2014, 12:44:38 AM
Mayo started off 4/5 in the bookies for this game, then the big breaffy man who built the hospital he was born in, is named as a starter for Mayo and bang into 4/9. 

I think we might give these Rossies a damn good thrashing tomorrow.

Howya now, boss?

seafoid

Syf will be insufferable now.

Roscommon. Best team in Ireland*

*Offer applies Jan- Feb Only
Not available in all outlets.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on January 19, 2014, 04:04:44 PM

We're not Kildare.

It'll extend until April at least. Hopefully Croke Park see the error of their ways and offer us a league semi-final spot.

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on January 19, 2014, 04:03:24 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on January 19, 2014, 12:44:38 AM
Mayo started off 4/5 in the bookies for this game, then the big breaffy man who built the hospital he was born in, is named as a starter for Mayo and bang into 4/9. 

I think we might give these Rossies a damn good thrashing tomorrow.

Howya now, boss?

Really gutted ,it will take me a while to get over this. On my way back to Dublin now, bonfires are ablaze from sheepwalk to tarmonbarry ,there are signs outside the schools "closed till Wednesday" .

Enjoy your celebrations, ye are deserving winners today and I say it with all my heart, go on now and bring the title home , beat Leitrim in the big final .

" and although I live in America far across the Atlantic sea , she will always be my Roscommon girl , she's the rose of castlrea"  ahh tis blaring out of the pubs round frenchpark , dancing on the streets. Wonderful to see.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: seafoid on January 19, 2014, 04:04:44 PM

Roscommon for Sam.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ross4life

A result to brighten up even the darkest winter day & hopefully a result like today will give our lads the confidence to get the out of div 3 now.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ck

Would anyone have teams or match report from the Galway game?

Syferus

ITS didn't have any bother with NUIG, a 1-13 to 0-08 win. Undefeated in the FBD this year. They have the making of a Sigerson challenge this year. If they go up to Jordanstown and win in the first round they'll fancy their chances against anyone.

SLIGONIAN

Same old shite from Sligo, no wind score 2-7 in 1st half, come out second half and score 0-2, nearly an exact repeat of our meath nfl match, lack of work rate and intensity start of 2nd half just unforgivable epecially as its happened so much in past
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Sligo above New York and below the rest of the province.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

muppet

Serious early warning for Mayo.

Today we brought on a man who was probably the reason Conor Mortimor was dispensed with (I know he walked), the same man who got on against the Dubs ahead of Richie Feeney and who is apparently viewed as better than Evan Regan.

He may be the greatest ladeen west of Moscow but he has had many chances more than anyone else and has not delivered.

We have seem to have learned very little and I fear this may be a wasted year, certainly it may be a wasted League.

And I am normally the optimist.  ::)
MWWSI 2017

SLIGONIAN

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

From the Bunker

Quote from: muppet on January 19, 2014, 07:21:49 PM
Serious early warning for Mayo.

Today we brought on a man who was probably the reason Conor Mortimor was dispensed with (I know he walked), the same man who got on against the Dubs ahead of Richie Feeney and who is apparently viewed as better than Evan Regan.

He may be the greatest ladeen west of Moscow but he has had many chances more than anyone else and has not delivered.

We have seem to have learned very little and I fear this may be a wasted year, certainly it may be a wasted League.

And I am normally the optimist.  ::)

Yeah, thought he struggled against Tyrone last year. Looked a rookie when he came on (he's now 27 and should be above that). Could not believe he got a run in the AI final. But sure so many mad decisions happened that day.

Not worried about today's result. The FBD has been a poisoned chalice to win. Putting an almost impossible onus on teams to go to the US when the inter county season is over to play the final. Feck sake we lost last year to Leitrim. Clearly today was all about looking at positions and players, the result was secondary. Our performances in the last four games of the League are what I'll be looking at!