Bring back Jimmy Smyth!!!

Started by T O Hare, March 05, 2010, 01:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T O Hare

While watching this old Down clip on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-TFr7SbSio
It got me thinking as to how much i miss Jimmy Smyths commentary.  No disresepct to Mr Sidebottom but Jimmy is far superior!!! :)
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

illdecide

Quote from: T O Hare on March 05, 2010, 01:42:57 PM
While watching this old Down clip on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-TFr7SbSio
It got me thinking as to how much i miss Jimmy Smyths commentary.  No disresepct to Mr Sidebottom but Jimmy is far superior!!! :)

Jimmy has that unique voice alright, he's the type of man never to be stuck for words and knows every player inside out
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

red hander

'No disresepct to Mr Sidebottom but Jimmy is far superior!!!'

Let's face it, a pub singer reciting the Armagh line-up in Serbo-Croat while downing a pint of Domestos would be far superior to Sidearse

clarshack

T O Hare

"and heres a race, and Mickeys Lindens won the race, a brilliant goal for the Downmen"  :) :D
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Sandy Hill

Was it Jimmy who used to talk about "long relievng clearances"?
"Stercus accidit"

ArmaghGAAforum

Still sends shivers down my spine hearing him say with a lump in his throat "Armagh are the All-Ireland Champions"

5 Sams

Quote from: ArmaghGAAforum on March 05, 2010, 08:41:37 PM
Still sends shivers down my spine hearing him say with a lump in his throat "Armagh are the All-Ireland Champions"

There's another sentence you'll never hear again ;) :D
The Aristocrat Years

armaghniac

QuoteThere's another sentence you'll never hear again

Ah now 5 Sams, not everyone on this board is as old as you. With everyone living longer some of the young fellows here will not only see Armagh win several All Irelands, but they may even live long enough to experience a Down revival.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years