Roscommon v Clare - AIQ R4A [23/07/16]

Started by Syferus, July 18, 2016, 08:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crete Boom

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on July 23, 2016, 04:55:04 PM
Quote from: highorlow on July 23, 2016, 04:48:57 PM
Roscommon woeful at the back. Have they a backs coach in the set up. Hard to know how good Galway are after watching that.

P.s Mayo are below Galway in the pecking order imo. But Galway shouldn't lose the run of themselves looking at that game.
I can assure you we aren't!

The lady dost protest too much me thinks!! ;D
I must keep an eye out for Galway for Sam graffiti on the road in the tour re France!! ;)

Zulu

Quote from: seafoid on July 23, 2016, 04:55:56 PM
Ros might have been better off losing the drawn match by a point.

I'm afraid you rate Connacht football far higher than is currently justified. Roscommon have been useless for a good few months now so drawing the Connacht final is not a factor at all.

magpie seanie

Looking forward to the post match bullshit excuses and ungracious whining. McStay definitely needs a few more years, it's great having him off the Sunday Game.

Crete Boom

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 23, 2016, 05:03:19 PM
Looking forward to the post match bullshit excuses and ungracious whining. McStay definitely needs a few more years, it's great having him off the Sunday Game.

Yeah he is no Eamonn O'Hara that's for sure!! Although O'Hara did a great management job with Ballaghadreen in fairness to him. ::)

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Crete Boom on July 23, 2016, 05:00:12 PM
Roscommon woeful at the back. Have they a backs coach in the set up. Hard to know how good Galway are after watching that.

P.s Mayo are below Galway in the pecking order imo. But Galway shouldn't lose the run of themselves looking at that game.

I must keep an eye out for Galway for Sam graffiti on the road in the tour re France!! ;)
Duine Eile is the lady round these parts! 😉

seafoid

Quote from: Zulu on July 23, 2016, 05:00:24 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 23, 2016, 04:55:56 PM
Ros might have been better off losing the drawn match by a point.

I'm afraid you rate Connacht football far higher than is currently justified. Roscommon have been useless for a good few months now so drawing the Connacht final is not a factor at all.
the Dubs will do their usual post Sam flop I expect

Zulu

They haven't so far and I doubt they will. If they don't win Sam it will be down to missing personnel rather than a hangover from last year.

Duine Eile

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on July 23, 2016, 05:23:05 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on July 23, 2016, 05:00:12 PM

Duine Eile is the lady round these parts! 😉

And this lady isn't getting ahead of herself when it comes to this Galway team, next step, play Tipp/Clare/Derry in Croke Park, then we'll see! If Derry win is there going to be a draw for QF pairings, I was presuming teams that had already met would be kept apart but is that just for provincial final pairings?

Zulu

I think it's an open draw if Derry win. Great opportunity for Galway whatever the opponent.

JoG2

Quote from: Zulu on July 23, 2016, 05:48:53 PM
I think it's an open draw if Derry win. Great opportunity for Galway whatever the opponent.

Unbelievable opportunity as Conor Lane is already down to ref the game! How many Galway games has he officiated these last 2 seasons?  No other ref's appointment thus far

T Fearon

Is there any team in Ireland more mentally brittle than Roscommon? Eliminated from the Championship in successive years by Fermanagh,and Clare after performing admirably in the league and drawing with the eventual champions in their own province?

Avondhu star

Quote from: Avondhu star on July 23, 2016, 09:03:37 AM
Have a look at the betting. Paddy Power seems tohave more faith in Ross than a lot here. Clare at the end of the day will always only go so far.

So much for that theory!!
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

seafoid

Quote from: Zulu on July 23, 2016, 05:26:02 PM
They haven't so far and I doubt they will. If they don't win Sam it will be down to missing personnel rather than a hangover from last year.
[/quoteIt is very hard to keep the level going after 2 seasons even with the full deck

Zulu

2 seasons of what? Roscommon can have very few excuses. Clare hurlers would have a few lads who can play football, not mention Tipp who have just beaten Derry. You need to reassess your view of Connacht football. It seems to be quite weak this year though I think Mayo can still go with the best even if there's little to suggest they'll go all the way.

larryin89

Quote from: Zulu on July 23, 2016, 06:44:11 PM
2 seasons of what? Roscommon can have very few excuses. Clare hurlers would have a few lads who can play football, not mention Tipp who have just beaten Derry. You need to reassess your view of Connacht football. It seems to be quite weak this year though I think Mayo can still go with the best even if there's little to suggest they'll go all the way.

I agree with this for the most part. We took our eye off the ball v galway , complacency of sorts as in we always thought wed win from 4 up. Mayo would beat both ros and galway 9/10 . Ros are very over hyped amd i have to admit i was of the opinion they were going to be a decent side but these underage stars are not the only ingredient you need as we are now realising and wow what a result for our CB knockin the mcstay and mchale ticket back.

Couldnt believe a clare man caught the ball clean in the square with three rossies lookin on , not a glove i kid you not.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .