Roscommon v Clare - AIQ R4A [23/07/16]

Started by Syferus, July 18, 2016, 08:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Maybe not. Down to 13 men and and back to 5 in it.

clarshack

moysider

So how good were Galway?
Guess we ll soon find out.

Il Bomber Destro

Oooft.

I hope certain Roscommon posters are quick to be very critical of the antics of their players today.

ballinaman

Dinny Breen

If Derry win and the draw is good, Clare could easily find themselves in an AI semi-final, well worth the win today and impressive any time I have seen them this year.  Can't see them beating Kerry, Kerry like Dublin just tend to swat away the inferior opposition from their province.

Roscommon though looked shot of confidence and their discipline was awful, normally a sign of unrest in the camp.
#newbridgeornowhere

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Syferus on April 19, 2015, 07:11:52 PM
Oh, do not open that can of worms.

McNulty essentially assaulted Ronan Daly for over a minute, choking, pushing, pulling, wrestling him to the ground nevermind a few jabs. This happened near the end when Tyrone had the match as good as won and he was clearly taunting Daly too. All he wanted was for the ref to see it and spend an age trying to figure out what happened. It went on so long other Roscommon players had to go over to Daly to get the joker off him and he still didn't stop until the referee finally noticed what had become a five or six person melee. Genuinely one of the most pointlessly prolonged dirty acts I've seen on a football field.

You won fair and square, why engage in that shite?

I hope the antics from the Roscommon no.3 today will garner the same sort of hand wringing from the above poster.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: moysider on July 23, 2016, 04:39:00 PM

So how good were Galway?
So how good were Mayo? 😉

Zulu

So how good were Galway?

A fair question I think. Roscommon probably need to thank a few players and send them back to club football because they won't go anywhere with them. Some younger players may not be any better but at least they might improve. Too many Ros players don't have the athleticism for modern football.

Well done Clare, a fine performance (1st half anyway) and a great year for them. You'd fear for them if they've to play Kerry though.

highorlow

Roscommon woeful at the back. Have they a backs coach in the set up. Hard to know how good Galway are after watching that.

P.s Mayo are below Galway in the pecking order imo. But Galway shouldn't lose the run of themselves looking at that game.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Crete Boom

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on July 23, 2016, 04:47:22 PM

So how good were Galway?
So how good were Mayo? 😉

Good enough to allow ye have a handy Connacht title to keep you happy this winter! ;D ;D

Mclf

Shamrock Shore

New York must be kicking themselves  :P

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: highorlow on July 23, 2016, 04:48:57 PM
Roscommon woeful at the back. Have they a backs coach in the set up. Hard to know how good Galway are after watching that.

P.s Mayo are below Galway in the pecking order imo. But Galway shouldn't lose the run of themselves looking at that game.
I can assure you we aren't!

seafoid

Ros might have been better off losing the drawn match by a point.