Playing at home for the rest of the Season (year)!

Started by From the Bunker, April 07, 2014, 08:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimbap

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on April 08, 2014, 10:37:27 AM
Quote from: bucko on April 07, 2014, 08:43:30 PM
Considering the fact the the GAA announced with much fanfare that they had cleared the debt on Croker and they will be due several big pay days with the 1 Direction and Garth Brooks concert the argument for them holding as many matches there as possible doesn't really hold much water anymore. The decision to hold the league semis there this weekend is beyond reason. The fact that the Cork, Mayo and Derry supporters have 2-3 hour trips to make plus associated transport, food etc. costs is a major show of inconsideration by the GAA. In contrast, the average Dub supporter can have the Sunday dinner, out the door and be in Croker inside an hour on public transport. From my information Croke park needs an attendance if at least 30000 to break even, I would be surprised if they came close to that Sunday, especially since Sunday week is Easter where I'd say a lot of people have travel plans made for and won't want to do long trips 2 weekends in a row. Logic would've had the Dublin/Cork game in Portlaoise and Derry/Mayo in Sligo or Cavan, making day trips for all sets of supporters easier along with giving a bit of an economic boost locally. As far as the longer term goes, regardless of what officials say, the Dublin players and supporters regard Croke park as home turf, and that always carries a advantage. Dublin should be made play away more in the Leinster championship. It might actually benefit the players, the supporters might have great day out down the country and the local pubs, shops would get a bit of the cash that normally flows into headquarters and the surrounding area!

Lads who are ye coddin, this would be a disaster for all concerned.

Most of the jacks have never been outside their home patch, as Dustin said I've never been to Meath. Majority of the unwashed can't read so they'd be bound to get lost. Better off leaving the stretchy faced f**kers to collect their disability payments in peace and spend it in the celtic bar or some other knackerhole off o'connell street.

As for the culchies, sure why would be inviting crime down upon ourselves and what about kids picking up the needles after these lads

Leave well enough alone

"stretchy faced f**kers"  Haha! Never heard that before and don't know what it means but had a laugh at that!

Jinxy

We'd make bits of them in Navan.
They know it too.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on April 08, 2014, 10:28:37 PM
We'd make bits of them in Navan.
They know it too.

How would the football go though?
MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 08, 2014, 04:32:33 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 08, 2014, 02:23:39 PM
Don't bother. We all know it didn't happen.

Rather than complain about Dublin counties need to get their own houses in order and compete with them. There are plenty of development officers all over the country - are they all being used efficiently or as efficiently as in Dublin? Dublin GAA was pretty much in the doldrums for a long time before they got their act together - only the sheer size of the county meant they were competitive. Dublin have addressed their deficiencies and rightly been backed financially. Good luck to them.

It did happen.

You completely ignored my response to you earlier pointing out exactly how Dublin have improved in football and hurling. Obviously because there's no way of denying the truth of my statements. Dublin have been bought All Irelands. FACT!!!

It quite simply didn't happen.

As for not responding to your earlier reply to me - it was a complete rant with no facts, just wild allegations. There was no point in replying to it.

johnneycool

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 08, 2014, 12:48:53 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on April 08, 2014, 12:46:48 PM
Antrim hurlers, club and county have availed of this benefit in Ulster championships for years, so why the big deal now?

You have no shame.

????

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 08, 2014, 12:55:04 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 08, 2014, 12:51:26 PM
Offaly have underperformed at underage level for several years, and this is now coming home to roost. The money Dublin have received and invested wisely is irrelevant in terms of the state of Offaly hurling. If Offaly went with a plan and a request for funds from Croke Park, I'd hope they'd get investment too.

Other counties did go with plans and got kicked out the door. I'm sure even Offaly would have done something with 7 million.
how much did Laois get for the redevelopment if OMoore Park ?

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 08, 2014, 12:27:39 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 08, 2014, 12:12:32 PM
I know I shouldn't respond but this type of talk is just rubbish. Dublin built their teams from underage up and are now reaping the rewards of their WORK. Money (lots of it generated by Dublin) can help if coaching schemes are well organised and the people are there willing to put in the WORK.

I'd be more than confident that if other counties put well organised, costed, plans to the powers that be that they would receive the required funding. Most of us traditionally aren't too fond of the Dubs winning but it's hard to begrudge them, the work that has been put in.

I've gone through this all before. The upturn in success at underage that extends to senior is all down to money. Millions upon millions of euros. Was there no underage work done in Dublin prior to the millions arriving? How come they barely won anything for decades at underage and now they're winning all before them, in football and hurling? It's the money pure and simple.
Someone was talking earlier in the thread about having every championship game at home for 8 years. The Mayo lad said they definitely would have won at least 1 All Ireland through that time. Now imagine your own counties, you have every game at home, you're given unlimited funds to set up coaching structures, millions to spend on your senior teams, can afford Olympic gold medalist and World champion boxers to hang out with your teams, you have access to all the best training facilities in the country with more being built, you get the home town decisions from refs etc etc etc.
With all these advantages where do you think your county would be? Be honest, who wouldn't be challenging for All Irelands? Wouldn't you think it's a bit unfair that you receive all this? Have the Dubs no shame?
you may need to provide a copy of Bernard Dunnes payslip to back up your affordability argument

Dont Matter

So the great Dont Matter has put some figures together for your viewing pleasure. The first table I've done is the money allocated to games development from 2005-2013. This is just a figure for games development, not including team expenses or grants for facilities etc.

I think the table speaks for itself, it doesn't need explaining and it's indefensable.

The second set of tables I have done is the results of this money and how it has bought Dublin titles.

Can anyone honestly say that this is fair? 1 team is professional while the rest still have to try and compete on the same playing field. It's a scandal and why is it tolerated? Once we reach 20 years after the money came flooding into Dublin GAA, the number of Provincial and All Ireland titles in both codes will dwarf the figure for the 20 years previous to the windfall.

'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

easytiger95

Of course what he leaves out are the figures for 74 to 85 - for instance 6 Leinster titles in a row, six AllIreland finals in a row and 3 All Ireland titles.

And the figures for say, I dunno, Kerry over the same periods of time.

And also the fact that Dublin has a far bigger population than any other county, thus making his tables   completely skewed and irrelevant

And he never comments on the fact that in the years of the biggest allocations 2009 we were beaten by was it 17 points by Kerry in a quarter final, 2008 we were beaten by Tyrone by 12 points in a quarter final, 2007 we were beaten by Kerry by 2 points in a semi final. So going by Dont Matter's "logic" the increased cash must have been making our performances worse, given that there is such a proven link between cash and results.

His logic is "indefensable". Here's a clip of him compiling his stats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjvQFtlNQ-M

Somewhere a village is crying out for its idiot.

mylestheslasher

Seems the Dubs get to decide where their "neutral" venues are in the U21 championship too. Cavan play Dublin in Portlaoise, where of course Dublin have already played 2 games this year and which is probably less than an hour from Dublin. In fact the GAA in general has totally fucked over Cavan this year moving 2 U21 fixtures to Armagh that should have been in Enniskillen. It seems the supporters of smaller counties don't matter anymore, if they ever did.

neilthemac

Rossfan

Quote from: neilthemac on April 12, 2014, 11:37:02 AM
How many clubs in Dublin?
I don't know but some of them have more teams than all the Ros clubs put together.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dont Matter

Quote from: easytiger95 on April 11, 2014, 08:46:04 PM
Of course what he leaves out are the figures for 74 to 85 - for instance 6 Leinster titles in a row, six AllIreland finals in a row and 3 All Ireland titles.

I should have put the same amount of years previous the millions to post the millions on my comparison, that would have been fair but I put 20 years previous and still you aint happy.

Quote from: easytiger95 on April 11, 2014, 08:46:04 PMAnd the figures for say, I dunno, Kerry over the same periods of time.

I'll do the stats for Kerry when you provide the figures that show them receiving more than 1 million per year off the GAA.

Quote from: easytiger95 on April 11, 2014, 08:46:04 PMAnd also the fact that Dublin has a far bigger population than any other county, thus making his tables   completely skewed and irrelevant

So Dublin have the population advantage and you still think it's fair they get about 1,500,000 yearly?

Quote from: easytiger95 on April 11, 2014, 08:46:04 PMAnd he never comments on the fact that in the years of the biggest allocations 2009 we were beaten by was it 17 points by Kerry in a quarter final, 2008 we were beaten by Tyrone by 12 points in a quarter final, 2007 we were beaten by Kerry by 2 points in a semi final. So going by Dont Matter's "logic" the increased cash must have been making our performances worse, given that there is such a proven link between cash and results.

The money in the table is for games development, it doesn't include money for team expenses or anything else. You understand what games development means or do I need to explain it?

Quote from: easytiger95 on April 11, 2014, 08:46:04 PMHis logic is "indefensable". Here's a clip of him compiling his stats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjvQFtlNQ-M

Somewhere a village is crying out for its idiot.

;D Did you make it home yet?
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

armaghniac

Quote from: easytiger95 on April 11, 2014, 08:46:04 PM
And also the fact that Dublin has a far bigger population than any other county, thus making his tables   completely skewed and irrelevant

That would be the point, would it not?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Johnnybegood