Maigh Eo v Ros Comáin 25-5-19

Started by Farrandeelin, May 12, 2019, 09:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Quote from: Crete Boom on May 23, 2019, 12:27:11 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 23, 2019, 12:10:00 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 23, 2019, 11:47:14 AM
McHale on offtheball this morning, very positive about Mayo's chance for the year ahead and thinks they'll have far too much for Roscommon. He always said that Roscommon should have won 3 in a row in Connacht and threw away the two they didn't win; I've listened to him a lot down the years, he doesn't exactly come across as an impressive individual you'd want involved in your setup.

I mean Mayo should likely win but if I heard the same type of scutter coming out of Ex Galway players as Maughan and McHale my alarm bells would be ringing. They seems determined to write Roscommon's team talk for them. Anthony Cunningham will be loving it.

Probably won't be enough to change the result though.

Comments from ex players never seems to trouble Galway when they have a competitive team so it's about time Mayo teams block out the back round noise and concentrate the game in hand.
If Mayo can't get to the intensity that Ross will bring on Sat then it doesn't reflect well where the team is at at this stage of it's rebuild!

Two media hounds looking to provide a soundbite in order to attempt to keep themselves relevant.
I am quiet certain the players can see that.

Crete Boom

Quote from: joemamas on May 23, 2019, 01:48:49 PM
McHale on offtheball this morning, very positive about Mayo's chance for the year ahead and thinks they'll have far too much for Roscommon. He always said that Roscommon should have won 3 in a row in Connacht and threw away the two they didn't win; I've listened to him a lot down the years, he doesn't exactly come across as an impressive individual you'd want involved in your setup.

I mean Mayo should likely win but if I heard the same type of scutter coming out of Ex Galway players as Maughan and McHale my alarm bells would be ringing. They seems determined to write Roscommon's team talk for them. Anthony Cunningham will be loving it.

Comments from ex players never seems to trouble Galway when they have a competitive team so it's about time Mayo teams block out the back round noise and concentrate the game in hand.
If Mayo can't get to the intensity that Ross will bring on Sat then it doesn't reflect well where the team is at at this stage of it's rebuild!

Two media hounds looking to provide a soundbite in order to attempt to keep themselves relevant.

I have to say I just listened back to the Liam McHale interview at lunchtime and there wasn't much in it to be honest. He doesn't over hype Mayo or disrespect Rosscommon. Basically he said he expects Mayo to pull away in the last quarter after a tough contest due to the team's stronger bench and greater physicality. He talks of Rosccomon's talent and how it is a tough draw for Mayo in Connacht. I didn't hear anything to annoy any Mayo or Rossies but then again I have no axe to grind with big Mac.

MayoBuck

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 23, 2019, 01:16:20 PM
Three changes for Mayo. 

Chris Barrett, Michael Plunkett & Diarmuid O'Connor come in and out go Colm Boyle, James McCormack & James Carr

1. Robert Hennelly - Breaffy
2. Chris Barrett - Belmullet
3. Brendan Harrison - Aghamore
4. Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis
5. Patrick Durcan - Castlebar Mitchels
6. Michael Plunkett - Ballintubber
7. Lee Keegan - Westport
8. Matthew Ruane - Breaffy
9. Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy
10. Fergal Boland - Aghamore
11. Jason Doherty - Burrishoole
12. Diarmuid O'Connor - Ballintubber(C)
13. Evan Regan - Ballina Stephenites
14. Darren Coen - Hollymount/Carramore
15. Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore

Roscommon unchanged

1. Darren O'Malley - Michael Glaveys
2. David Murray - Padraig Pearses
3. Sean Mullooly - Strokestown
4. Conor Daly - Padraig Pearses
5. Niall Daly - Padraig Pearses
6. Conor Hussey - Michael Glaveys
7. Ronan Daly - Padraig Pearses
8. Tadgh O'Rourke - Tulsk
9. Shane Killoran - Elphin
10. Hubert Darcy - Padraig Pearses
11. Cathal Cregg - Western Gaels (C)
12. Niall Kilroy - Fuerty
13. Ultan Harney - Clann na nGael
14. Conor Cox - Listowel Emmet's
15. Diarmuid Murtagh - St Faithleachs

Would like to see James Carr in the FF line ahead of Regan or Coen but apart from that it's our strongest available team.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Crete Boom on May 23, 2019, 02:08:57 PM

I have to say I just listened back to the Liam McHale interview at lunchtime and there wasn't much in it to be honest. He doesn't over hype Mayo or disrespect Rosscommon. Basically he said he expects Mayo to pull away in the last quarter after a tough contest due to the team's stronger bench and greater physicality. He talks of Rosccomon's talent and how it is a tough draw for Mayo in Connacht. I didn't hear anything to annoy any Mayo or Rossies but then again I have no axe to grind with big Mac.
Greater physicality yes but with the likes Enda Smith,Conor Devaney,Fintan Cregg,John McManus,Brian Stack and Donie Smith possibility to bring in Roscommon should have a strong bench also.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Crete Boom

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 23, 2019, 02:30:03 PM

Greater physicality yes but with the likes Enda Smith,Conor Devaney,Fintan Cregg,John McManus,Brian Stack and Donie Smith possibility to bring in Roscommon should have a strong bench also.

That is true and I think it will be a close battle, I just didn't hear McHale being disrespectful or over hyping Mayo in the interview. Probably only pissed off Galway with the comment that  this Rosscommon team should have won three Connacht titles in a row instead of one when he was with the Rossies.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Crete Boom on May 23, 2019, 02:37:44 PM

That is true and I think it will be a close battle, I just didn't hear McHale being disrespectful or over hyping Mayo in the interview. Probably only pissed off Galway with the comment that  this Rosscommon team should have won three Connacht titles in a row instead of one when he was with the Rossies.

Well that was scutter alright albeit he was slightly more restrained than Maughan was to be fair to him.

weareros

He was well wrong on the first one. We could have won last year had Compton not gone off injured as that turned the midfield battle. That of course is always the worry and the worry for Saturday, our lack of strength there. But Kiloran has it in his blood, so live in hope. I didn't think Liam was too bad, but Mayo's greatest fan Kevin Kilbane drives me soft. What he started pontificating about Ballaghaderreen  two years ago, I had to ask was he ever in Ballagh in his life.

Crete Boom

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 23, 2019, 02:40:24 PM

Well that was scutter alright albeit he was slightly more restrained than Maughan was to be fair to him.

I read Maughan's piece yesterday and, well let's just say he is a lot more confident than myself anyway!

Cunny Funt

Quote from: weareros on May 23, 2019, 02:43:27 PM

He was well wrong on the first one. We could have won last year had Compton not gone off injured as that turned the midfield battle. That of course is always the worry and the worry for Saturday, our lack of strength there. But Kiloran has it in his blood, so live in hope. I didn't think Liam was too bad, but Mayo's greatest fan Kevin Kilbane drives me soft. What he started pontificating about Ballaghaderreen  two years ago, I had to ask was he ever in Ballagh in his life.

To be fair he wouldn't be totally wrong on the first one. Game level in Salthill Roscommon with the ball in hand and the opportunity to shoot for the winner but decided to pass the ball around instead and the ref then blew up for full time.

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Maroon Manc

Quote from: weareros on May 23, 2019, 02:43:27 PM

Kilbane is a sound bloke but it does grate that OFB are giving him too much air time on football, he knows very little about the sport. His interest in the game has only materialised in recent years due to Mayo knocking on the door, like plenty of people in Mayo they'd have no interest in the game if they were from a so called weaker county.

Rossfan

Hard to bate an oul  bandwagon ;D
I'm still not very hopeful about this one :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

TheGreatest

The peoples champions should win this one handy and march on, definitley favorites for Sam.

larryin89

Don't know why people are so quick to judge , he's a kilbane , he's achill, he is part of the mayo diaspora who connect with the county team . It's not a new thing . I can go back to 1985 when I was eight years old and remember the house full to the brim with cousins with English accents over for the semi final v Dublin . The lack of understanding amongst the masses is pure ignorance or maybe you have to be from Mayo to understand it all I dunno
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Maroon Manc

Quote from: larryin89 on May 24, 2019, 10:44:52 AM
Don't know why people are so quick to judge , he's a kilbane , he's achill, he is part of the mayo diaspora who connect with the county team . It's not a new thing . I can go back to 1985 when I was eight years old and remember the house full to the brim with cousins with English accents over for the semi final v Dublin . The lack of understanding amongst the masses is pure ignorance or maybe you have to be from Mayo to understand it all I dunno

What a load of tripe  ;D

Mayo have a huge diaspora and my word the majority of them love the bandwagon Kilbane included; There was about 2000 Mayo fans at the quarter final in 2012 against Down as nobody believed there was An Ireland in that team.