Maigh Eo v Ros Comáin 25-5-19

Started by Farrandeelin, May 12, 2019, 09:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crete Boom

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 22, 2019, 11:24:07 AM
Quote from: Crete Boom on May 22, 2019, 10:41:28 AM
Quote from: oliverkelly on May 22, 2019, 09:27:42 AM
Hopefully we dont see a dog run on pitch like in Cavan Monaghan game or else the poor auld thing could be mounted and sexually abused by Lee keegan given his past history with them ;)

Amazing you have such compassion for four legged creatures like dogs and sheep in Rosscommon but when a few people with different coloured skin seek some shelter in an empty hotel you burn the place down! Peter Casey is sure to top the polls in Sheep Stealer land anyway being a true white gael I suppose!!
could somebody get a ban for this

Hands up yes a stupid ignorant ill informed post which I apologise unreservedly for which probably deserves a ban for!!

five points

The hotel wasn't even burned down. If you don't believe me, go to Rooskey and look at it yourself.

Crete Boom

Quote from: five points on May 22, 2019, 12:04:44 PM
The hotel wasn't even burned down. If you don't believe me, go to Rooskey and look at it yourself.

As I posted above it was a stupid ignorant ill informed post by myself which I apologise unreservedly.

weareros

Ah boys and girls the tone has been fairly lowered around here, which is saying a lot in a Mayo-Ros thread. Can we ditch all talk of hotel-burnin, sheep-shaggin, Ballagh-bashin, Badge-kissin, eye-gougin, elbow-smackin, GPS throwin, Prenty-bowlin and anything liable to start a fight and shtick to the auld pig bladder chasin.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: weareros on May 22, 2019, 12:21:55 PM
Ah boys and girls the tone has been fairly lowered around here, which is saying a lot in a Mayo-Ros thread. Can we ditch all talk of hotel-burnin, sheep-shaggin, Ballagh-bashin, Badge-kissin, eye-gougin, elbow-smackin, GPS throwin, Prenty-bowlin and anything liable to start a fight and shtick to the auld pig bladder chasin.
you forgot Andy-booing

Maroon Manc

Mayo are 2/9, looks like they only have to turn up, Mayo -5 are even money.

Tactically are the Rossies are expecting them to be very defensive on Saturday? Thats their best chance of getting a result and even more so with the size of McHale Park, not sure playing their is a advantage to Mayo.

Rossfan

I think most of us are hoping we avoid a tanking...... :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GalwayBayBoy

weareros

I probably should have included leg-tanning in topics likely to inflame but nevertheless the tanned one has spoken and predicts a very comfortable victory for Mayo.
http://www.mayonews.ie/sports/33723-maughan-mayo-will-be-too-strong

Maroon Manc

McHale on offtheball this morning, very positive about Mayo's chance for the year ahead and thinks they'll have far too much for Roscommon. He always said that Roscommon should have won 3 in a row in Connacht and threw away the two they didn't win; I've listened to him a lot down the years, he doesn't exactly come across as an impressive individual you'd want involved in your setup.

whitey

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 23, 2019, 11:47:14 AM
McHale on offtheball this morning, very positive about Mayo's chance for the year ahead and thinks they'll have far too much for Roscommon. He always said that Roscommon should have won 3 in a row in Connacht and threw away the two they didn't win; I've listened to him a lot down the years, he doesn't exactly come across as an impressive individual you'd want involved in your setup.

Mayo people were open to McStay taking over from Horan, but it was a package deal with McHale.....that's what killed the deal

GalwayBayBoy

I mean Mayo should likely win but if I heard the same type of scutter coming out of Ex Galway players as Maughan and McHale my alarm bells would be ringing. They seems determined to write Roscommon's team talk for them. Anthony Cunningham will be loving it.

Probably won't be enough to change the result though.

Crete Boom

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 23, 2019, 12:10:00 PM

I mean Mayo should likely win but if I heard the same type of scutter coming out of Ex Galway players as Maughan and McHale my alarm bells would be ringing. They seems determined to write Roscommon's team talk for them. Anthony Cunningham will be loving it.

Probably won't be enough to change the result though.

Comments from ex players never seems to trouble Galway when they have a competitive team so it's about time Mayo teams block out the back round noise and concentrate the game in hand.
If Mayo can't get to the intensity that Ross will bring on Sat then it doesn't reflect well where the team is at at this stage of it's rebuild!

Rossfan

We're still hoping to avoid a tanking.....
Anyway same starting 15 as started v Laythrum.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Three changes for Mayo. 

Chris Barrett, Michael Plunkett & Diarmuid O'Connor come in and out go Colm Boyle, James McCormack & James Carr

1. Robert Hennelly - Breaffy
2. Chris Barrett - Belmullet
3. Brendan Harrison - Aghamore
4. Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis
5. Patrick Durcan - Castlebar Mitchels
6. Michael Plunkett - Ballintubber
7. Lee Keegan - Westport
8. Matthew Ruane - Breaffy
9. Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy
10. Fergal Boland - Aghamore
11. Jason Doherty - Burrishoole
12. Diarmuid O'Connor - Ballintubber(C)
13. Evan Regan - Ballina Stephenites
14. Darren Coen - Hollymount/Carramore
15. Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore

Roscommon unchanged

1. Darren O'Malley - Michael Glaveys
2. David Murray - Padraig Pearses
3. Sean Mullooly - Strokestown
4. Conor Daly - Padraig Pearses
5. Niall Daly - Padraig Pearses
6. Conor Hussey - Michael Glaveys
7. Ronan Daly - Padraig Pearses
8. Tadgh O'Rourke - Tulsk
9. Shane Killoran - Elphin
10. Hubert Darcy - Padraig Pearses
11. Cathal Cregg - Western Gaels (C)
12. Niall Kilroy - Fuerty
13. Ultan Harney - Clann na nGael
14. Conor Cox - Listowel Emmet's
15. Diarmuid Murtagh - St Faithleachs
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose