Laois Senior Football 2017

Started by Tony, October 14, 2016, 11:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Unlaoised on January 19, 2017, 10:15:49 AM
Quote from: Don Draper on January 19, 2017, 10:08:42 AM
Quote from: Unlaoised on January 19, 2017, 09:57:28 AM
Don't think it was a hammering Laois kicked 19 or 20 points as well...

Great game by all accounts!
If Laois scored 19 or 20 points though, and Mayo scored 3-21 or so, that'd still be in the wheelhouse of a 10 or more point defeat.

Which to be fair, depending on the team Mayo has out, is about where we are right now I'd say.

Mayo had a decent team out ...it's these sort of games where you learn things !!

Yes - I would say that we learned that we have a dodgy full back line if we conceded 3 goals. Anyone actually at the game?

Don Draper

If Laois scored 19 or 20 points though, and Mayo scored 3-21 or so, that'd still be in the wheelhouse of a 10 or more point defeat.

Which to be fair, depending on the team Mayo has out, is about where we are right now I'd say.

Mayo had a decent team out ...it's these sort of games where you learn things !!
I agree 100%. When you compare it to the turds we were playing this time last year, its a huge step up.

SCFC

Quote from: Don Draper on January 19, 2017, 10:30:50 AM

I agree 100%. When you compare it to the shit we were playing this time last year, its a huge step up.
What a complete waste of a year last year was.

Unlaoised

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on January 19, 2017, 10:30:12 AM

Yes - I would say that we learned that we have a dodgy full back line if we conceded 3 goals. Anyone actually at the game?

No I wasn't but Pauric McMahon started a corner back he is back in!He is sure to be rusty.

Dillion Freeman and O'Connor was Mayo full forward line according to twitter!
LAOIS ABÚ

Giovanni

Unlaoised

LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

For years the only man who could put the ball in the net for us. Quite often the only spark for us!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Clubber Lang

Hopefully he will can regain his pace of old. Crucial if he is to re-establish himself in Laois starting team after a few years away. Good addition all the same. If Timmons can be right by time championship comes around then the Laois full-back line will have some decent options along with Booth, O'Connor etc to choose from. All we need now is Cahir Healy to give it one more go with footballers as well.

It's great to see the players involved in a proper set-up this year. Furthermore, with age profile of our key players Quigley 31, Strong 31, Timmons 30, O'Loughlin 28, Begley 30, Kingston 26, Meaney 30ish I think there is a realisation that it's now or never for them to achieve something in their inter-county careers. The combination of hunger/determination and a proper set up will hopefully lead to an upturn in our fortunes for the year ahead-Promotion to Division 2, Leinster final appearance and reaching the 1/4 final of All-Ireland series should be realistic targets for the coming year.   

Keyser Söze

Were the 2016 Mayo Senior Football panel not in South Africa until 3/4 days ago?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

town1980

They were and we're rusty out macmahon great to have him back performed great for ballyabbey  last two years let's hope we see some of that from him and more,, nice fella and great to have him around

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Mayo 3-21
Laois 0-19

Mayo fielded a very strong team from what I hear and they were flying fit. The holiday must have been more of a training camp, no sign of rustiness anyway..
Scoring 19 points against top class opposition is very good, don't forget its early days yet and its looking really good in my opinion. I'm as optimistic as I have been for many a year, roll on the league...
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

les Antiques

Great indeed to have McMahon back on board but has naturally lost some pace since the last time he togged out for Laois .

Unlaoised

Quote from: les Antiques on January 20, 2017, 09:56:45 AM
Great indeed to have McMahon back on board but has naturally lost some pace since the last time he togged out for Laois .

Maybe but he is so athletic that I would say its only a slight bit...His know how will get him through a great option in the backs...

Welcome back Pauric!
LAOIS ABÚ

Tony

No finer man you'd meet than Padraig. Sound as them come. EXCELLENT for team morale to have him back as he's a great man to have around for motivation & he's also brilliant at bringing younger players on and giving them personal support and encouragement - he's like Ross that way. Personally speaking, I doubt he has the pace required for corner back anymore. If Strong works out in the corner, I'd rather have Padraic on the wing. Regardless, great to have him back and it just shows his hunger and desire to play for Laois because it's a huge commitment & it's not as if he doesn't have a lot of other things going on in his life at present. Respect to him and very welcome back Padraig.

redsetanta

Louth beating Meath by 7 points should be a warning to our lads coming into the league. Meath played with 14 men for the second half but it shouldn't detract from a decent win for the wee county. We will need to be very focused for the game and come out firing from the start. While we were all very happy with the Laois performance last week it shows what we have to do so no complacency.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi