Doire v Tir Eoghain, Sun 28th May @2pm

Started by tyroneman, April 04, 2017, 09:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 28, 2017, 11:31:46 PM
Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on May 28, 2017, 11:22:34 PM
Quote from: ONeill on May 28, 2017, 10:37:15 PM
Surely if Derry think they can't win playing football, win the fight.

Even Donnelly got away with that.

Tyrone could afford an anonymous Donnelly against McKaigue today; hammer the hammer as O Se would say. Derry couldn't afford an anonymous McKaigue.

Clutching at straws, McKinless and Keenan have some careers ahead of them. Donnelly, given his earlier suspension shouldn't kick another ball before August.

Sad, but it doesn't really matter anymore. Paddy Bradley hinted at it today. Referees referee the team, not the tackle.

Won't wish good luck to Tyrone in the semi, because both yourselves and Dun na nGall are cut from the same cloth. Really looking forward to it though; will be some clash.

I heard that comment from Bradley. Is he really suggesting that Tyrone get favorable treatment from refs because they are a big team or Matty Donnelly is too big a player to send off. Whilst lttle old Derry get harshly treated? What a pile of nonsense. The ref was poor enough today but I hardly think that Matty's All Stars or Tyrone's assumed loftier position over Derry played any part in that incident. Matty was just lucky - but he will most likely get a retrospective ban (which most likely will be over turned).

Surprised Joe McQuillan didn't spot that infringement, instead of running to shake hands with Mickey Harte at the end of the game.

Fuzzman

Always find it interesting looking at those shooting diagrams of where the shots were taken from.
I think we've seen from various games that Tyrone set up a wall around the central shooting zone and try to stop teams from shooting inside that. If they score from outside there then it tends to be a great shot and hard to achieve but the attitude is let them shoot form out there.

Likewise I've noticed that when they attack, we often see incidences where a forward is just outside that central shooting zone but reasonably close to the goal, however, rather than shoot himself from a tighter angle he will look to find a runner about to run into that shooting zone like Bradley did for Conal McCann's first point and so it's a much easier scoring chance.
Tiernan McCann's point was a little different as he was outside that central zone yet it was still played back to him from quite an advanced position.

Also, it's good to read that Sean seems to have resumed the free taking duties and is much more reliable than in previous years.