More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Quote from: stibhan on December 12, 2012, 01:24:35 PM
Can you now withdraw your comments as they are slanderous.

interestingly slander is the usual law that applies to a written comment, but since 2009 in the UK it is viewed as slander. In Ireland it would be considered libelous, but in both jurisdictions legally because Mr Finucane is deceased there is no legal case to answer...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Last Man

Quote from: Evil Genius on December 04, 2012, 12:40:38 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on December 03, 2012, 10:30:28 AMThere are numerous unionists on here, but the others are mostly capable of a civilized conversation and don't use 'in your face' avatars hoping to stir up shite.
Does my 'in your face' [sic] avatar really stir you up?  ;)

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 03, 2012, 10:30:28 AMEG is a bigot. His comments on Pat Finucane are testament to that.
For those who aren't familiar with what I've posted on Finucane, here is a reprise.

His murder was wrong and totally unjustifiable.

I would like to see all of those involved tried, convicted and given life sentences (I don't agree with the Death Penalty).

Anyone who knows anything about his murder should be duty-bound to inform the proper authorities. And if I had somehow learned of his murder in advance, I would have made it known, so as to try to prevent it.

However, now that it has happened, I can find no sympathy for the man himself, since I believe him to have been the IRA's "in-house solicitor".

Now people may think this last comment shocking - so be it - but I would say exactly the same about eg the murder of Billy Wright.

For my distaste for Finucane stems not from the fact that he was a Nationalist or a Catholic etc, but rather from his terrorist associations.

So if my contempt for terrorists makes me a "bigot" [sic], then so be it.

P.S. I guess I'm also a "bigot" for despising eg child molesters, drug dealers and badger baiters etc
The man was a cog in the justice system of the time, clearly very good at his job. I have never heard a report of his loyalist clients complaining of any lack of effort on their behalf.  Is your disdain of his "terrorist" association also directed at the sollicitors who did most of the work on the loyalist side.? Sollicitors are not there to judge, only represent their clients in the best light possible against the prosecution. Just the way it should be in any right thinking democracy
Theres no such thing as Orange flavoured democracy, it only comes in plain.

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Last Man on December 12, 2012, 06:10:13 PM
Theres no such thing as Orange flavoured democracy, it only comes in plain.

You sure about that?
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Applesisapples

Quote from: heganboy on December 12, 2012, 06:02:12 PM
Quote from: stibhan on December 12, 2012, 01:24:35 PM
Can you now withdraw your comments as they are slanderous.

interestingly slander is the usual law that applies to a written comment, but since 2009 in the UK it is viewed as slander. In Ireland it would be considered libelous, but in both jurisdictions legally because Mr Finucane is deceased there is no legal case to answer...
Slander : spoken
Libel: written

stew

Quote from: Evil Genius on November 27, 2012, 11:34:55 AM
Quote from: stew on November 26, 2012, 07:45:20 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on November 23, 2012, 07:24:27 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on November 23, 2012, 05:19:52 PM
Quote from: GAA_Talk on November 23, 2012, 03:28:29 AM
Quote from: Evil Genius on November 23, 2012, 12:34:31 AM
Quote from: Ulick on November 02, 2012, 09:35:16 AM
Killing a screw is obviously directly related to the ongoing protest in Maghaberry. An agreement reached two years ago still has not been implemented despite a number of legal and legitimate protests. Was only a matter of time before it stepped up another level.
Hmmm.

For one who presents himself as so informed on this issue, has been active in the last couple of hours, and is normally prompt in keeping us updated etc, it seems Donagh Ulick has been oblivious to this particular development (below). I wonder why?

Prisoners in Roe House at Maghaberry end dirty protest

Republican sources and the prison service have said no deal was done to end a dirty protest by some dissident republican prisoners.
Twenty-two inmates aligned to a group calling itself the IRA ended their protest over the routine use of strip searching at Maghaberry Prison.
Earlier this month, the group murdered prison officer David Black.
Members of other dissident groups in Maghaberry were not consulted about the move and remain on protest.

(Read more at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-20422820 )

And this latest development reveals some more interesting aspects of the issue, which seem to have eluded Donagh Ulick, too, somehow.

"The prisoners claim that the prison authorities reneged on an agreement brokered in August 2010 to end a policy of routine full body searches, replacing it with electronic scanners.
The prisoners claim the deal was that they would be searched using a BOSS chair - a Body Orifice Security Scanner.
Prison authorities said the agreement was for internal movement within the prison only, not when prisoners left and re-entered their wings for domestic and legal visits or trips to court."

Therefore the issue was not so "black and white" as these Prisoners and their mouthpieces claim.

Further, the Prison Officers did NOT simply refuse to consider using these BOSS machines outright. Rather, since this is quite clearly a matter of life and death for them, they require to be convinced not just that the machines were effective, but ALSO that full testing and training in their use be undertaken BEFORE they were routinely deployed throughout NI, including for the most dangerous criminals in the system.

They have delayed the use of them at every turn, they must love shoving it up the fenians!
Which explains the reference by David Forde to: "... two [pilot test trials] which are running at Magilligan and Hydebank Wood."

Anyhow, maybe some day they'll invent a machine capable of detecting where exactly some of the posters on this forum are hiding their integrity and respect for the truth....  ::)

You would not know the truth if it was spelled out for you!

That's actually quite witty. Well played.

are you for real? well played, to this ****, Jesus wept, have you actually read some of the shit this man comes out with.
I don't imagine you'll get too many "Well Played"s, considering you invariably play the man rather than the ball, as above.

Oh, and by the way, "coming out with shit" is a speciality of fanatical Republican terrorists, if the state of their cells is anything to go by... ::)

Interesting comment here, what exactly constitutes "fanatical republican terrorists" If you mean men who were engaged in a war ( by the brits own admission) against the british takeover our country, then yes, there were fanatical about putting kicking the brit government and joining the republic in a united Ireland. As for the state of their walls, ask yourself why that happened!

At least these men have the courage of their convictions unlike their Loyalist counterparts, one more thing, the loyalist prisoners were not being subjected to this degrading practice..................... funny how that works!
Ah, the old "courage of their convictions" argument...

They died for the courage of their convictions did they not???? How the the loyalist inmates fare when they went on hunger strike???

Well why don't these courageous Republican souls take that to its logical conclusion and become suicide bombers? For let's face it, from where you sit, you will know all about the courage  it took eg to bomb the Twin Towers...

Apples and oranges, the IRA considered themselves freedom fighters and they had no interest in killing 3,000 people in one go, they did not want to kill people from all over the globe that had fcuk all to do with their cause as they saw it. The terrorists in the planes on 911 thought they would be humping virgins by the score in paradise, they were ignorant, ill informed scumbags that tried to hurt as many non muslims as possible, job done I would say.

Or does self-sacrifice only count as "courage" when demonstrated by Irish Republicans, but when it's Islamists we're dealing with, for example, then they are merely extremist fanatics?

See above for the answer.

And when you have enlightened me on that distinction, perhaps you can explain to me why some of these prisoners of conviction have ended their protest, whilst others continue with it?

Not too hard to do that, people are individuals and they choose their own path a lot of times, no two people are the same, just as the loyalists who went on hunger strike, they will tell ye the same thing.............................wait a moment, not a one of them lasted longer than the aul joke said, a polo mint.

For if this were solely a question of principle, then surely all of them would be acting in concert?

A lot of them did, some caved under pressure and concern for their families and some forged ahead, it happens in every walk of life.

Finally, you were happy to opine earlier that "a simple Google" (yeah, right) would establish that these BOSS machines are simple to use etc, but now ignore the fact that the POA have already agreed to their being tested elsewhere in the system (Magilligan and Hydebank), before being introduced for use for the most courageous dangerous prisoners being held in Maghaberry?

P.S. A while back, on this very thread in fact, you declared that "Dissidents are scumbags". Did you actually mean to post that they are courageous scumbags?  ::)

No I do not, they are drug dealing dregs and I despise what they stand for, they do nothing but destroy the fabric of society and they have nothing to offer anyone except misery, that is why I hate the fcukers, they stand for nothing and are the lowest form of life imo. Now, does that answer your question?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

orangeman

Brian Shivers has Massereene murders conviction quashed
Brian Shivers was convicted of killing Sappers Azimkar and Quinsey Continue reading the main story
Related Stories
Shivers guilty of soldier murders
Brian Shivers and Colin Duffy
A man jailed for murdering two soldiers at Massereene Army base in Antrim has had his conviction quashed.

Brian Shivers, 47, from Magherafelt, challenged his conviction for the murders of Sappers Mark Quinsey, 23, and 21-year-old Patrick Azimkar in March 2009.

The victims were shot by the Real IRA as they collected pizza.

On Tuesday, the Court of Appeal ruled the verdict was unsafe.

The court said that no finding was made on when Shivers allegedly became aware of the murder plot.

Shivers will now remain in custody until the Public Prosecution Service decides whether to seek a retrial.

charlieTully

it seems like a lot these convictions are based on very circumstansial evidence. i wouldnt be surprised at all if Brendan McConville and J.P Wottons convictions are ovrturned as well. Gerry Conlon isnt exactly a dissident republican and is fully backing their campaign.

http://ardoynerepublican.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/radio-free-eireann-interview-about-jp.html

nrico2006

Quote from: charlieTully on January 15, 2013, 09:25:00 PM
it seems like a lot these convictions are based on very circumstansial evidence. i wouldnt be surprised at all if Brendan McConville and J.P Wottons convictions are ovrturned as well. Gerry Conlon isnt exactly a dissident republican and is fully backing their campaign.

http://ardoynerepublican.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/radio-free-eireann-interview-about-jp.html

The evidence against JPW was pretty shambolic if I remember correctly, with the fact that he was in Craigavon on the night of the killing being used against him.  Hardly incriminating stuff.  What other evidence did they get i.e. did they link him to the gun or was it simply found without prints under the oil tank?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Ulick

They also had (suspect) data from a GPS tracker which placed his car in the general area near the time of the shooting. However data was mysteriously deleted from the device in an army base before it could be presented to the court. The remaining evidence on the device was accepted as evidence.

http://www.thedetail.tv/issues/55/carrol-new/latest-diplock-trial-opens-with-surveillance-and-forensic-evidence-in-the-spotlight

Given that he lived less than a mile away from the scene even that is highly circumstantial. 

NAG1

Quote from: Ulick on January 16, 2013, 10:43:21 AM
They also had (suspect) data from a GPS tracker which placed his car in the general area near the time of the shooting. However data was mysteriously deleted from the device in an army base before it could be presented to the court. The remaining evidence on the device was accepted as evidence.

http://www.thedetail.tv/issues/55/carrol-new/latest-diplock-trial-opens-with-surveillance-and-forensic-evidence-in-the-spotlight

Given that he lived less than a mile away from the scene even that is highly circumstantial.

Maybe they had arrested CD around the same time as well.

omagh_gael

Quite worrying escalation here. They appear to be well watched or infiltrated but someday they're going to get a 'big hit' so to speak which could be deadly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-21651900

Milltown Row2

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 04, 2013, 04:44:30 PM
Quite worrying escalation here. They appear to be well watched or infiltrated but someday they're going to get a 'big hit' so to speak which could be deadly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-21651900

They'll not be happy till they do another Omagh, sad sad fcukers
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

orangeman

Sinn Fein's Martin McGuinness has asked of dissident republicans "where were they, when there was a war".

The deputy first minister made the diversion to his set speech at the Sinn Fein annual conference on Saturday.

Mr McGuinness said when he watched news reports of dissident parades involving men in their 30s, 40s and 50s he was "mystified" as to where they had been previously.

All of a Sludden

McGuinness insists that he left the IRA in the 70s. Where was he?  ::)
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Milltown Row2

Bomb in the Cathedral Quarter, hmmmm there's a great plan
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea