Next Laois football manager

Started by SCFC, July 30, 2019, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

portlaoisekid

Sugrue owes nothing to Laois supporters but the players are still in the dark and speculating just as much as we are. Does he not owe them something?

This is leading to a dark cloud over Laois football when there was no need for it.

Chrimtain

Quote from: portlaoisekid on August 15, 2019, 10:28:22 AM
Sugrue owes nothing to Laois supporters but the players are still in the dark and speculating just as much as we are. Does he not owe them something?

Yes.

High Fielder

The players are the ones who matter in all of this. If they want him, and he wants to manage them, then they need to speak up before another dud walks through the door.

redsetanta

I am sure there were plenty current and former Laois footballers at the game in O'Moore PArk. What's your point?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Countyminor

Quote from: High Fielder on August 14, 2019, 06:31:30 PM
Quote from: Countyminor on August 14, 2019, 05:48:45 PM
Lots of insiders were happy to see Sugrue go. That's the reality. There will be no going back begging for him to come back. A man with his intelligence, demeanour and nous was a threat to them. John's the kind of person who will be successful wherever he goes. It doesn't matter who we appoint next because whoever it is will not give to Laois what John Sugrue did.

I find this unbelievable. Are you taking the piss?

Pretty much, yes. Thought I'd spin a devious CB vs Sugrue plot because clearly the idea Sugrue left first and foremost for family and work reasons isn't enough for some.

les Antiques

Liam Kearns seriously ?? Explain that one please .
Quote from: GAA-SMART on August 15, 2019, 10:16:40 AM
Quote from: Tony on August 15, 2019, 09:58:12 AM
Quote from: GAA-SMART on August 15, 2019, 09:53:30 AM
What exactly has Chris Conway done on the sideline to warrant the Laois Senior Job ? Chris and Laois would be better off if he got involved at U14s and builded upwards and  try create something and gain experience instead of jumping into the top job where he is questionably qualified for if qualified at all.
so who do you want then, evans?

No not evans as I stated before.. but it annoys me when I see fanciful names being connected with no foundation whatsoever. There are many better qualified candidates than Chris Conway, Billy O Loughlin would be more qualified even tho he wouldn't be on my list. Point being he has at least put something into Laois Underage and got some experience instead of being connected because of name, playing years and looking after school teams. If I had a pick id go back to Liam Kearns and team in Jason Ryan as the trainer. Right or wrong that be my choice from available realistic candidates with experience and if Conway wanted to be a selector id be delighted.

Jd

I always felt Kearny's to be overrated. Did well enough with limerick but after that ?? Got a good Laois setup didn't achieve anything and went back a division. Got tipp post creedon on with after winning all Ireland minor or U21 ?? They went very well in his first year but I'd argue that that was creedons  setup and they have gone backwards ever since. I just feel he might be the wrong man to come in to bring us forward

smcder

Could Sugrue go to Kildare as a Physio?          Probable not as much time and I'd assume the payment would be clear and to his business.  Could make financial sense for him and his business.  Dont think people would be happy about it but I dont think anyone could complain about it either.   

I am just making a guess here, I have no idea whats going on.

les Antiques

The Kildare connection has no substance.
More likely to get involved with Tipp footballers. .!!

smcder

SCFC

Quote from: GAA-SMART on August 20, 2019, 09:56:47 AM
https://www.laoistoday.ie/2019/08/19/laois-on-the-look-out-for-new-minor-football-manager-as-phelan-steps-down/

Donnacha gone aswell. Fair play to him, two years of service and two semi finals.
Thankless job taking any county team really. He did quite well. Presume this years 16s management will be in the running.

GAA-SMART

Quote from: SCFC on August 20, 2019, 02:45:31 PM
Quote from: GAA-SMART on August 20, 2019, 09:56:47 AM
https://www.laoistoday.ie/2019/08/19/laois-on-the-look-out-for-new-minor-football-manager-as-phelan-steps-down/

Donnacha gone aswell. Fair play to him, two years of service and two semi finals.
Thankless job taking any county team really. He did quite well. Presume this years 16s management will be in the running.

Not sure how many will want it, don't think the applications flew in the last time. Be interesting to see if any hands go up all the same

les Antiques

Would like to see the Senior management Positions filled before the start of the quarter finals In September.

Butch Cassidy

Billy O staying on with the u20s?