Dup will never allow Irish language act

Started by uimhr ocht, February 06, 2017, 05:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uimhr ocht

BennyCake

No big surprise. Norn Iron just doesn't work and never will. Another election will mean diddly squat. Same old shite.

seafoid

Unionist identity is makey uppy and defined by what it isn't .
Newton Emerson was in the Irish Times recently. The Unionists always make the wrong decision.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Eamonnca1

I thought they already did in the St Andrew's Agreement. Very hard to get these people to stick to the agreements they make. Makes me wonder if they'll accept the democratic wishes of the people if a majority in the north eventually votes for a UI.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 06, 2017, 05:36:08 PM
I thought they already did in the St Andrew's Agreement. Very hard to get these people to stick to the agreements they make. Makes me wonder if they'll accept the democratic wishes of the people if a majority in the north eventually votes for a UI.

The wording of the St Andrew's Agreement was 'the government will introduce an Irish Language Act' with no specific reference to which government. Therefore they can pull the 'we're not the government it meant' trick.

In the past year/18 months, Foster has called nationalists 'rogues and renegades' and now we're 'crocodiles' too. When put through the Ulster-Scots translator on Google, her comment comes out as 'don't give the Fenians an inch or they'll start getting uppity again'.

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 06, 2017, 05:36:08 PM

They don't give a shite about democracy, they do when it suits them but if the people voted for a United Ireland there would be guns and bombs all over the shop.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Samforever

The words Pig and Grunt come immediately to mind

JPGJOHNNYG

I dont think people realise how serious this can get. A language act was agreed in the st andrews agreement.  The secretary of state of the time Hain recently pretty much backed the DUP and suggested but sure the GFA and St Andrews were not really agreements anyway. There will be no assembly unless the DUP start  backing down and that wont happen. Direct rule is looking less appealing by the day as well as quite clearly the previous labour government couldnt be trusted so no hope with the tories who are already stirring the pot over historical investigations of soldiers. The current SoS couldnt even behave at a GAA match he had to sneak in after the anthem like some sort of Duper. Worrying times ahead. Its not so much the language act itself but symbolic of how the DUP are not interested in real power sharing and how uninterested full stop the British government are.

Windmill abu

They don't get the flegs, we don't get the language.
They have the police, we have the solicitors.
They have Arlene, we have Michelle.
They have soccer, we have GAA

We Win.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Hereiam

Orior

Quote from: Windmill abu on February 06, 2017, 10:35:52 PM
They don't get the flegs, we don't get the language.
They have the police, we have the solicitors.
They have Arlene, we have Michelle.
They have soccer, we have GAA

We Win.

They have the Orange Order. Playing the orange card always wins.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Hereiam on February 06, 2017, 11:20:00 PM
Where do we go from here.

Go out and vote the c***ts out. Make sure you make your point across to all you know (unionist friends included) that they're one of the most bigoted shower that graced the earth.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

vallankumous

Quote from: stew on February 06, 2017, 07:12:17 PM
They don't give a shite about democracy, they do when it suits them but if the people voted for a United Ireland there would be guns and bombs all over the shop.

That's nonsence.

They didn't agree with the GFA either but they accepted it and the guns and bombs are gone.

general_lee

what is most depressing is that these c***ts will probably get more votes at the upcoming election. I just hope to God one of the fuxkers has the audacity to land up at my door.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: general_lee on February 07, 2017, 09:18:45 AM
what is most depressing is that these c***ts will probably get more votes at the upcoming election. I just hope to God one of the fuxkers has the audacity to land up at my door.

Couldnt agree more.
Shame on Unionists to continue to vote for these b#stards no matter what and shame on Nationalists for not being bothered enought to vote them out, What other society would just accept such sectarianism, racism, homophobia, corruption, incompetence etc etc. With such ridiculous apathy most nationalists deserve all they get and have no right to moan over Brexit, marching or whatever else if they dont bother to do anything about it and shame on the British government for just sitting back and letting the DUP do whatever the feck they want.