Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

champion1981

Quote from: Mourne Rover on January 24, 2020, 11:26:05 PM
Comparing club and county teams makes little sense. Our starting line up for Sunday looks promising, and has plenty of pace, but is unproven in a number of areas. Tally has made a big call in dropping McKernan, although probably the right one on his Tyrone display, and Havern may be unfortunate to miss out. However, this is the chance for the likes of Fegan, Annett, Guinness and McCabe to really show us what they can do. If O'Hare, Quinn and Barry O'Hagan manage a few scores, we will be in with a shout. Our bench is also decent, which could make a difference,and it's great to see Donnelly back there after a full year out, but, like almost all of our league games last season, it will probably come down to tight margins.
McKernan is done,good servant to down all the same,but him and young Carr can count themselves lucky to get a game at all this season

Smurfy123

The McKernans and Carr's will be steeped in Down history forever more than what can be said for any Kilcoo player. Check out the history of Down. Cheap shot at young Carr and him only starting on his County career. Clown

Maurice Moss

Strange

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 25, 2020, 10:48:40 AM
The McKernans and Carr's will be steeped in Down history forever more than what can be said for any Kilcoo player. Check out the history of Down. Cheap shot at young Carr and him only starting on his County career. Clown

snoopdog

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 24, 2020, 10:40:33 PM
O hare
O Hagen x2
Quinn
Annett
McCabe
Dornan

Ward Morgan mcevoy and McCourt certainly a long way to go yet
Mcevoy and Laverty would not start for Down. Laverty coukd not start in his prime for Christ sake. He did then get his place on poor poor Down teams

Laverty is still one of the best players in the county. Always olayed out of his skin for Down. Are you that bitter and jealous of kilcoo  that you wouldnt give the man the credit he deserves. Did you ever even see him play for Down.

whitegoodman

Laverty was a fine servant for Down and over a 2 or 3 year period was one of the better players.  However like McKernan Father Time has caught up with him and he wouldn't have much of an impact at county level at this stage.

whitegoodman

I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that any of the starting forwards or subs for tomorrow on an individual level would start for Kilcoo.  Would McGarry or Kerr not start for Kilcoo ?

Would Benny McArdle or Ryan McAleenan not start in Kilcoos full back line ?

champion1981

Quote from: whitegoodman on January 25, 2020, 02:44:57 PM
I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that any of the starting forwards or subs for tomorrow on an individual level would start for Kilcoo.  Would McGarry or Kerr not start for Kilcoo ?

who would you drop from kilcoo full back line for mccardle or mcaleenan?

champion1981

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 25, 2020, 10:48:40 AM
clown!!! Lol you serious? History?? That's why down are so far behind, ffs , Ross Carr senior was a good player for sure ,but his sons arent half the men he was,same as mckernan, you smurfy are the clown !!🤦‍♂️🤣

whitegoodman

Quote from: champion1981 on January 25, 2020, 05:18:32 PM
Quote from: whitegoodman on January 25, 2020, 02:44:57 PM

who would you drop from kilcoo full back line for mccardle or mcaleenan?

Nial McEvoy & Ryan McEvoy. Ryan had a great season but would you start an 18 ur old at full back if Down were playing in the championship in the morning ?

sdg

Lads catch ur self's on county and club 2 completely different levels. Anyone suggesting kilcoo would be better than Down needs there head checked.

champion1981

Quote from: sdg on January 25, 2020, 11:59:37 PM
Lads catch ur self's on county and club 2 completely different levels. Anyone suggesting kilcoo would be better than Down needs there head checked.🙈🤦‍♂️kilcoo would beat down,burren wouldn't be far from beating them also

whitegoodman

Look at it this way - would Downs championship team be fit to score more than 7 points in over 80 minutes of football against Corofin ?

I'd like to think so.

thewobbler

Quote from: whitegoodman on January 26, 2020, 12:22:02 PM
Look at it this way - would Downs championship team be fit to score more than 7 points in over 80 minutes of football against Corofin ?

I'd like to think so.

Moot point WGM.

Would Kilcoo at home to Louth expect to register at least 1.06? I would think so.

whitegoodman

I'm not sure they would if they can only score 7 points against a fellow club team in the open spaces of Croke Park.

The point remains as has been said before it's ridiculous to think a decent club team would beat a county team.

thebar

Quote from: whitegoodman on January 26, 2020, 12:53:30 PM
I'm not sure they would if they can only score 7 points against a fellow club team in the open spaces of Croke Park.

The point remains as has been said before it's ridiculous to think a decent club team would beat a county team.

The county team is no great shakes at the moment. I wouldnt bet to much on them beating anything at the minute based on what they have done for the last 10 years i.e. nothing.