You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

That shite on BBC NI 'Those were the Days'
What a load of shite.  >:(

EagleLord

People calling St Patricks day, 'Paddys day'.
English people celebrating St Patricks day, and not knowing when St Georges day is.
Idiots making a laughing stock of this day, as if the Irish stereotype wasnt bad enough.

lurganblue

People sticking up posts in Irish on Facebook especially today. I know these feckers can speak even less Irish than me and that's saying something. Even I can recognise their mistakes

Eamonnca1

St "Patty's" Day. Drives me fuckign insane!

Eamonnca1

People giving out about people speaking/writing in Irish.

lurganblue

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 17, 2011, 05:22:59 PM

No problem if they're capable

fitzroyalty

A lot of people changing their names to the Irish version. Seen a girl spelt hers wrong (Ó instead of Ní)

Eamonnca1

Quote from: lurganblue on March 17, 2011, 05:25:18 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 17, 2011, 05:22:59 PM

No problem if they're capable
Then a lot of people on sites like this shouldn't be speaking English. How come it's OK to be a grammar Nazi in Irish but not in English?

lurganblue

How do you know I wouldn't say something if they posted something stupid in English?

Googling a phrase in Irish and sticking it on Facebook is hardly speaking/writing the language either. I also know that said people haven't a clue about any languages.

Hardy

People saying "disingenuous" all the time.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: lurganblue on March 17, 2011, 06:45:56 PM
Googling a phrase in Irish and sticking it on Facebook is hardly speaking/writing the language either.

I think you'll find that it is, actually.

Medic

All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

pintsofguinness

People begging on streets, selling the big issue or trying to put leaflets and shit in to your hand as you walk past. 
f**k off!!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

lawnseed

having a woman for a boss..  >:( especially a bossy minger who has pmt. in around the 15th each month she turns into medusa.  :-X
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Eamonnca1

When the cat doesn't bury her shit properly.