You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone86

Quote from: ziggysego on May 05, 2010, 01:39:41 PM
Getting old.

On Monday I had to go into Omagh to get something I needed. The shop didn't have it in stock, but it was coming in the following day. (Tuesday).

So today, during lunch, I went back into Omagh to get it. However, once I got to the town

a) I couldn't remember what shop it was
b) I couldn't remember who I was talking to in the shop
c) I couldn't remember the important thing I needed, that I asked to be kept for me

I wandered about the town for 40mins, retracing my steps. Still couldn't remember.

I hate getting old.

I saw you coming out of Bliss in Old Market place on Monday if thats any help  :D

Canalman

Black shoe polish that comes out of the tin in chunks. Most of it ends up on floor .

muppet

Quote from: ziggysego on May 05, 2010, 01:39:41 PM
Getting old.

On Monday I had to go into Omagh to get something I needed. The shop didn't have it in stock, but it was coming in the following day. (Tuesday).

So today, during lunch, I went back into Omagh to get it. However, once I got to the town

a) I couldn't remember what shop it was
b) I couldn't remember who I was talking to in the shop
c) I couldn't remember the important thing I needed, that I asked to be kept for me

I wandered about the town for 40mins, retracing my steps. Still couldn't remember.

I hate getting old.

Easaans?
MWWSI 2017

omagh_gael

Quote from: ziggysego on May 02, 2010, 08:16:15 PM
Quote from: EagleLord on May 02, 2010, 08:10:55 PM
Idiots who dont know the meaning on the word 'doubt'... my brothers friend used to say all the time and in the wrong context! He would say something like 'I doubt rooneys having his best season for utd yet'....I try to explain it to him, so what your saying there is, u think rooney is in poor form? he says no, hes class..yeh i thought thats what u meant so i try and explain, doubt basicly means 'i dont think that..' but he just is so thick he'd just say, naaa doubt not lad!.....FFS!!!! >:(

That error was made on the board a few weeks ago. Can't remember the thread it was in, but someone used the word 'doubt' in the wrong context and I highlighted it could lead to confusion.

I doubt that was me you reprimanded Zig ;)

pintsofguinness

flat packed furniture aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 06, 2010, 09:01:04 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 02, 2010, 08:16:15 PM
Quote from: EagleLord on May 02, 2010, 08:10:55 PM
Idiots who dont know the meaning on the word 'doubt'... my brothers friend used to say all the time and in the wrong context! He would say something like 'I doubt rooneys having his best season for utd yet'....I try to explain it to him, so what your saying there is, u think rooney is in poor form? he says no, hes class..yeh i thought thats what u meant so i try and explain, doubt basicly means 'i dont think that..' but he just is so thick he'd just say, naaa doubt not lad!.....FFS!!!! >:(

That error was made on the board a few weeks ago. Can't remember the thread it was in, but someone used the word 'doubt' in the wrong context and I highlighted it could lead to confusion.

I doubt that was me you reprimanded Zig ;)

Ah yes, I remember now  :D
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Had everything organised to collect my new car today ie insurance etc and just found out the dealership won't have it till Wednesday >:(
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 10, 2010, 10:25:59 AM
Had everything organised to collect my new car today ie insurance etc and just found out the dealership won't have it till Wednesday >:(

Probably just needs a little extra time to clock it.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on May 10, 2010, 11:06:56 AM

From what? 1km back to 0km.... It's a new car Ziggy!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 10, 2010, 11:31:05 AM

Is that what they told you? Better check it's not a cut-n-shut when you're at it.
Testing Accessibility

gerrykeegan

Bet you the price of it is doesnt have either 0 or 1 km on the clock!
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: gerrykeegan on May 10, 2010, 12:03:10 PM

Bet you the price of it is doesnt have either 0 or 1 km on the clock!

Yeah true, but it will hardly have any more than 5 or 10km...!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

johnneycool

I would be mighty pised  if i was buying a new car and it had any more than 100 miles on the clock I wouldn't say it was new.

Ifi t had 5 to 10K on it I'd think I was buying a demonstrator model and hammer the price down.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

johnneycool

10Km is still a lot of travelling for the car still to be considered new.