You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

I never asked her what my reputation was, all I know she was keen. GBF?
Testing Accessibility

Farrandeelin

The lower back pains that seem to wait for ages even though it's only a simple turn in the bed that gave it to you. Jesus my back's in agony the last 2 days. :(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Onion Bag on February 23, 2010, 07:31:21 PM
Why dont you turn it down  bit
It is down, it bes fine for weeks and then it freezes everything and no  one has touched the temp thing.
I think it has a mind of its own!

ziggysego

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 23, 2010, 07:43:01 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on February 23, 2010, 07:31:21 PM
Why dont you turn it down  bit
It is down, it bes fine for weeks and then it freezes everything and no  one has touched the temp thing.
I think it has a mind of its own!

You sure it isn't the freezer Pints? They say the mind is the first thing to go...
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Unless the freezer and fridge change place when my back is turned...

Louth Exile

I know that its the Grab All Associations as a number of loyal Tipp & Kilkenny fans can truely testify to!! On a smaller but related issue.

Louth County Board having the neck to charge €3 for a programme that is pure Sh**e!! Bad enough to do it for the U21 match, but same again the next day at the O Byrne Cup final and that programme didn't even contain the names of the DCU team!! They were added in later on a seperate sheet.

Now that grinds my gears! You spend €10 to stand on a grassy knoll and support your county, thats all fine, but if the programme is going to be to the standards that it was, then either charge €1 for them, or even give them out for free!!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

AFS

Quote from: Louth Exile on February 24, 2010, 02:05:10 PM
I know that its the Grab All Associations as a number of loyal Tipp & Kilkenny fans can truely testify to!! On a smaller but related issue.

Louth County Board having the neck to charge €3 for a programme that is pure Sh**e!! Bad enough to do it for the U21 match, but same again the next day at the O Byrne Cup final and that programme didn't even contain the names of the DCU team!! They were added in later on a seperate sheet.

Now that grinds my gears! You spend €10 to stand on a grassy knoll and support your county, thats all fine, but if the programme is going to be to the standards that it was, then either charge €1 for them, or even give them out for free!!

Massive discrepancies in the standard of programmes across the country, yet they're almost always the same price, which seems to suggest the prices are set by the body running the competition rather than the people actually producing the programme. If a county can't be arsed produce a decent effort they should charge a minimal amount, a Euro or whatever; and if another county wants to go all out then they should be allowed to charge what they see fit. 

Armagh - Meath league game in Navan - 16 pages long - €3.
Down - Meath league game in Newry - 64 pages long - €3.

No sense there at all.

haranguerer

Highly unlikely that theres a body setting a standard price of programmes...

Much more likely that co boards are just rattling programmes out and charging as much as they think they possibly can, probably establishing this by checking the prices being asked for programmes at other grounds and going with the highest one, regardless of differences in quality.

Dinny Breen

SQLServer Databases, urghhhhhhh an excuse of an RDBMS....
#newbridgeornowhere

ziggysego

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 01, 2010, 03:51:01 PM
SQLServer Databases, urghhhhhhh an excuse of an RDBMS....

Had the same headaches earlier
Testing Accessibility

leenie

firstly
men spitting on the street.... it is sooooooo annoying, surely you can swallow it.... (i know i have used the word swallow and so illdecide may feel the need to make a pun).. but its really irritating!

secondly
road closures and diversions..... 1 hr 5 mins it took me to get to dung-annon!

thirdly
spending hours/days on preparing a class for an observation that is only going to last 40mins....

and lastly
the traffic lights outside the main gates at queens... flashes amber while green man is still up but drivers ignore this... (think this may be the way i am suppose to go)
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Puckoon

People spitting in public isnt nice at all.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: leenie on March 01, 2010, 06:54:24 PM
firstly
men spitting on the street.... it is sooooooo annoying, surely you can swallow it.... (i know i have used the word swallow and so illdecide may feel the need to make a pun).. but its really irritating!

secondly
road closures and diversions..... 1 hr 5 mins it took me to get to dung-annon!

thirdly
spending hours/days on preparing a class for an observation that is only going to last 40mins....

and lastly
the traffic lights outside the main gates at queens... flashes amber while green man is still up but drivers ignore this... (think this may be the way i am suppose to go)
Drivers can proceed when the amber light is flashing if no pedestrians are on the crossing.