You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 09, 2009, 02:10:28 PM
They spell a lot of words as they see them.... seems reasonable enough to me :-\
Is there really any need for the fancy shoite?

Ov corz it doz.
MWWSI 2017

leenie

the way the board is at present....

i've noticed a good few regular posters very rarely post anymore.......

i think i'd even prefer it if it was full of foreign sport threads!

or even neighbours related threads!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

fitzroyalty

Quote from: botman on September 09, 2009, 01:03:36 PM
Quote from: full back on September 09, 2009, 07:40:54 AM
I think someone mentioned it before, but how the fcuk are there queues on the M1 out of Belfast every f**king evening ???

The roadworks slow people down but not to a f**king crawling speed for 5/6 miles >:(

Really pissing me off and it's just as bad coming into Belfast in the mornings. I just don't get tailbacks. Drive on to f**k!
I've had to drive over the mountain the last few times, f**king roadworks!!And assholes in HGVs overtaking other HGVs! What's with that, takes them like ten mins!  >:(

full back

Quote from: fitzroyalty on September 09, 2009, 03:37:08 PM
I think someone mentioned it before, but how the fcuk are there queues on the M1 out of Belfast every f**king evening ???

The roadworks slow people down but not to a f**king crawling speed for 5/6 miles >:(

Really pissing me off and it's just as bad coming into Belfast in the mornings. I just don't get tailbacks. Drive on to f**k!
I've had to drive over the mountain the last few times, f**king roadworks!!And assholes in HGVs overtaking other HGVs! What's with that, takes them like ten mins!  >:(

I would make all the HGV's take alternative routes

muppet

Quote from: full back on September 09, 2009, 03:45:12 PM

And route them all through Athy?
MWWSI 2017

full back

Quote from: muppet on September 09, 2009, 03:54:52 PM

Na, I was thinking Lisburn

muppet

Quote from: full back on September 09, 2009, 04:01:16 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 09, 2009, 03:54:52 PM

Na, I was thinking Lisburn

Sadly every time I see the letters HGV................I think of Mary Harney. Help me please!
MWWSI 2017

downgirl

Yea this is really annoying...I just don't get why the traffic actually comes to a standstill at some points when 2 lanes are still open???  How like??!!!  People being nosey feckers looking at the workers I suppose.  Does my head in, especially trying to get on the M1 at Stockman's Lane.  I actually go by Shaw's Bridge and Hillhall now and go on the motorway there; I dunno if it is shorter or longer but at least you are moving the whole time so it doesn't feel as long!!

Farrandeelin

People complaining when they've actually got motorways. You should see the turning, twisting windin roads I go on every morning around Pontoon!!!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: downgirl on September 09, 2009, 08:46:58 PM

Yea this is really annoying...I just don't get why the traffic actually comes to a standstill at some points when 2 lanes are still open???  How like??!!!  People being nosey feckers looking at the workers I suppose.  Does my head in, especially trying to get on the M1 at Stockman's Lane.  I actually go by Shaw's Bridge and Hillhall now and go on the motorway there; I dunno if it is shorter or longer but at least you are moving the whole time so it doesn't feel as long!!
yesterday evening was a complete nightmare, 40 minutes to travel the 10 miles from belfast to  lisburn on the motorway, and then the traffic just seems to free up!
like someone said , i dont understand how the tailbacks are so bad when there are still 2 lanes open ???
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

maddog

Often wondered the same until i saw this show about it one night. Basically someone around Lisburn on motorway standing on the brakes can cause traffic to stand still several miles behind them. Its like a domino effect. Thats why all of a sudden it just starts to move again. Biggest offenders are the tailgating brigade. You know who you are.

rolloutking

Is there any other routes to avoid the traffic heading out of the city. Its really pissing me off now. The traffic is at a crawling speed from Broadway to Saintfield and what gets me even more is that the inside lane moves quicker than the outside one, which is meant to be the fast lane.

On a lighter note. Has anyone seen the worker on the M1 wearing the turban. I've seen him wearing a blue one and a yellow one this week. I thought it was regulation that everyone on a building site had to wear a hardhat.

full back

Quote from: rolloutking on September 10, 2009, 12:47:06 PM
On a lighter note. Has anyone seen the worker on the M1 wearing the turban. I've seen him wearing a blue one and a yellow one this week. I thought it was regulation that everyone on a building site had to wear a hardhat.

There is more than one wearing a turban
Quite a number of workers on the motorway would be foreign

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Archie Mitchell

On my walk to and from work, I have to look at that f**king The Sun billboard with Terry Venables, Ian Wright and Harry f**king Redknapp on it. 5 f**king billboards in the space of a mile!!