Previous topic - Next topic

Treasurer

gerry

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 31, 2009, 10:55:31 PM

What about one of those?

i have the long legged black one of these, btw the ladies love them
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

pintsofguinness

Do you do much cycling gerry? how far would you go?

I'm up to about 3 mile, but that's at quite a slow pace, is it easy to build up?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

gerry

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 31, 2009, 11:39:50 PM
Do you do much cycling gerry? how far would you go?

I'm up to about 3 mile, but that's at quite a slow pace, is it easy to build up?

i would head out twice a week and cover about 30 to 40 miles and then do a bit more on my day of, its trying to get the time is the biggest issue. I completed this yesterday (lough neagh) with a few mates.  You will be surprised how soon you will improve at it, by doing a bit every week.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

supersarsfields

Did a 25 mile cycle there at the weekend. T'was the first time I've been on a bike in years. And have to say it wasn't half as bad as I was expecting. Not too sore the next day either apart from my ass. And I was on a mountain bike with nearly everyone else on racers!

Doogie Browser

That bloody bell that is ringing constantly throughout Portsmouth games and I think it is the same person - the idiot with all the tattoos and funny hat, you look like a sad bastard mate, ok?!

WeAreBlueWeAreWhite

AND A BOTTLE OF RITZ FOR ME LAC

pintsofguinness

Quote from: supersarsfields on September 01, 2009, 09:15:17 AM
Did a 25 mile cycle there at the weekend. T'was the first time I've been on a bike in years. And have to say it wasn't half as bad as I was expecting. Not too sore the next day either apart from my ass. And I was on a mountain bike with nearly everyone else on racers!
You must be very fit anyway!

supersarsfields

Well I'm training away with the club pints but it wasn't as bad as I expected. Was kinda scared as it was a sponcered cycle that I'd end up in a ditch somewere along the route. Plus I think it's easier to do when there's a few of you's.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: supersarsfields on September 01, 2009, 01:19:25 PM
Well I'm training away with the club pints but it wasn't as bad as I expected. Was kinda scared as it was a sponcered cycle that I'd end up in a ditch somewere along the route. Plus I think it's easier to do when there's a few of you's.
Well I wasnt really on a bike in years until about Friday there and after a mile my legs were like Jelly, but then I am very unfit, improvng though, I'd say about 3 mile done this morning, will go again this evening.

ludermor

You will be surprised how quickly you will build up the distance, i am as unfit as you would get and wouldnt run a mile but have no bother doing 30 miles on a bike. Get yourself one of thsoe speedo things and it will give you average speed/dsistant covered etc, it is a great way to see the progress you will make

pintsofguinness

Having no toilet roll when you need it most.

gawa316

Making some toast then realising there is f**k all butter left, you then proceed to try and scrape every molecule of butter out of the tub but it barely covers half a slice