You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: man in black on June 29, 2009, 09:56:33 AM
The humble bicycle was there before they were and will be there long after they are gone.

The big fancy roads came because of the cars.
Testing Accessibility

man in black

Quote from: ziggysego on June 29, 2009, 09:58:02 AM
The humble bicycle was there before they were and will be there long after they are gone.

And?
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

ziggysego

Quote from: man in black on June 29, 2009, 10:00:25 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 29, 2009, 09:58:02 AM

And?

You said bikes came first, yes. But there was no roads like now-a-days for them to cycle on.
Testing Accessibility

full back

Quote from: full back on June 29, 2009, 09:42:39 AM
Quote from: man in black on June 29, 2009, 09:38:21 AM
Quote from: full back on June 29, 2009, 09:19:39 AM
Quote from: man in black on June 29, 2009, 09:11:05 AM
Quote from: downgirl on June 28, 2009, 06:46:19 PM
Cyclists who insist on riding in the road when there is a cycle lane on the side of the footpath

A bicycle has every bit as much right to be on the road as you

Yep, because cyclists pay road tax & them cyclist paths on the side of the road are for decoration

Ah jesus the road tax argument. What damage does a bike do to the road, what emissions do they have ? How long do the cycle paths go for and how practical are they ? you wouldnt know would ye
Gobshite

Resorting to personal abuse ::)

The first post was about cyclists on the road when there IS a cycle lane FFS

You would do well to read posts before getting on that big high horse of yours :-[

cycle lanes are a joke, have you ever used one ? They generally last for about 50 yards and then you have to go back on the road anyway. Selfish motorists grind my gears. The humble bicycle was there before they were and will be there long after they are gone.

Who helps pay for the roads that the cyclists use?

man in black

Quote from: full back on June 29, 2009, 10:08:58 AM
Cyclists who insist on riding in the road when there is a cycle lane on the side of the footpath

Yep, because cyclists pay road tax & them cyclist paths on the side of the road are for decoration

Ah jesus the road tax argument. What damage does a bike do to the road, what emissions do they have ? How long do the cycle paths go for and how practical are they ? you wouldnt know would ye
Gobshite

You would do well to read posts before getting on that big high horse of yours :-[

cycle lanes are a joke, have you ever used one ? They generally last for about 50 yards and then you have to go back on the road anyway. Selfish motorists grind my gears. The humble bicycle was there before they were and will be there long after they are gone.

Well chances are that most cyclists are also motorists so them presumably.

full back

Quote from: man in black on June 29, 2009, 10:14:55 AM

Gobshite

Good retort :D

ziggysego

Gobshite

Does that mean you can do anything on the road then, since you help pay for the roads?
Testing Accessibility

man in black

Quote from: ziggysego on June 29, 2009, 10:18:49 AM

Gobshite

Does that mean you can do anything on the road then, since you help pay for the roads?

What the hell are you on about Ziggy?

ziggysego

Well you said you can ride your bike on the road, because as a car user you help pay for the roads? Does that mean you can do anything on the roads, since you help for them? Oh I don't know, marching for example ;)
Testing Accessibility

man in black

Quote from: ziggysego on June 29, 2009, 10:24:40 AM
Well you said you can ride your bike on the road, because as a car user you help pay for the roads? Does that mean you can do anything on the roads, since you help for them? Oh I don't know, marching for example ;)

No i doesnt mean you can do anything on the roads, but what harm is a bike ffs. All i takes is a wee bit of patience on behalf of the motorist to go round them or whatever. Taxation is related to road damage and emissions, a bike does neither.

full back

Quote from: man in black on June 29, 2009, 10:32:38 AM

No i doesnt mean you can do anything on the roads, but what harm is a bike ffs. All i takes is a wee bit of patience on behalf of the motorist to go round them or whatever. Taxation is related to road damage and emissions, a bike does neither.

When there is a bike lane they shouldnt be on the road
End of story

man in black

Quote from: full back on June 29, 2009, 10:33:39 AM

End of story

Dont talk shite now. Bike lanes are generally a pain in the ass for cyclists. Up and down kerbs, strewn with glass etc. Its only numb nuts drivers that have a problem with cyclists

full back

Quote from: man in black on June 29, 2009, 10:42:48 AM

End of story

Dont talk shite now. Bike lanes are generally a pain in the ass for cyclists. Up and down kerbs, strewn with glass etc. Its only numb nuts drivers that have a problem with cyclists

:D :D
You are good MIB

The reason drivers might have a problem is because cyclists are on a road made for ...............................CARS  :o

man in black

Quote from: full back on June 29, 2009, 10:46:35 AM

End of story

You are good MIB

The reason drivers might have a problem is because cyclists are on a road made for ...............................CARS  :o

Its that why the Romans built them - for the beamers and the mercs ?
Christ the night

full back

Quote from: man in black on June 29, 2009, 10:57:23 AM
Quote from: full back on June 29, 2009, 10:46:35 AM

End of story

You are good MIB

Its that why the Romans built them - for the beamers and the mercs ?
Christ the night

So the Romans built the roads over here for cyclists

How about we come to a compromise.......the cyclists can use all the roads the Romans built & the drivers can use the rest of the roads
That way everyone is happy