You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 14, 2008, 07:34:06 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 14, 2008, 04:34:26 PM
People standing right up your hole when your in a queue and especially when you are typing in your pin code into the laser card machine at the checkout
I asked one fella today would he mind not standing so close to me because that i was trying to pay for something..He didn't look impressed
Oh ffs ll dont be such a ponce!  :D

It's a mystery to me what some people be doing at the atm machines, they stand there for 5 minutes pressing buttons, what are they doing?  I don't see how you've to press more than 3 or 4 buttons or what takes so long.

I wasn't at a ATM i was in B&Q buying something..The f**ker was invading my personal space
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

You were probably taking too long! 

Another thing, having to pack your own bags in a supermarket at super sonic speed because 3 other peoples stuff will be in with yours if you dont!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 14, 2008, 08:33:48 PM
I wasn't at a ATM i was in B&Q buying something..The f**ker was invading my personal space

Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 14, 2008, 08:36:03 PM

Another thing, having to pack your own bags in a supermarket at super sonic speed because 3 other peoples stuff will be in with yours if you dont!

Wasn't taking too long at all..he could nearly have typed the pin in for me he was that close..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stiffler

When you phone someone and they dont answer, then you get a text back from them saying 'were u phoning?'

CHECK YOU MISSED CALLS YOU FCUKWIT!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

pintsofguinness

My mother ringing about five times in the space of 15 minutes and leaving 5 voice mail messages - at least three will consist of the message something like "hello pints, it's just me, ring me as SOON as you get this" "it's just me again, ring me as soon as you can" making me think someone is dead but no, there never is.   ::)

lurganblue

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 14, 2008, 08:36:03 PM

a better system would be for you to bung all the stuff you´ve just bought back into the trolly as it is scanned, then go to a separate table/bench where bags are provided for you to pack the stuff. thus you wouldnt rushing like a f**ker at the checkout.

i hate alcoholics/junkies on trams and busses making a load of noises and shouting random things at people who couldnt give a fcuk what they have to say... 

pintsofguinness

a better system would be for you to bung all the stuff you´ve just bought back into the trolly as it is scanned, then go to a separate table/bench where bags are provided for you to pack the stuff. thus you wouldnt rushing like a f**ker at the checkout.

That is a great idea! 

It use to be that once you had paid if you'd any things still needed packed they'd help you but now they either just sit and look at you (if you're lucky) or start scanning the other person's through.  In my supermarket I tell them to help with the packing. 

Hardy

Missing my first Meath championship match (not including qualifiers) since 1991.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Hardy on May 18, 2008, 10:40:46 AM
Missing my first Meath championship match (not including qualifiers) since 1991.

At least you're not stuck somewhere where you've little chance of seeing any football/hurling this summer.  - though it's not the same now they're being paid. 

Hardy

Hardy

Quote from: lurganblue on May 18, 2008, 10:08:29 AM

That would give an industrial engineer caniptions. Double handling. They should have a conveyor on the output side of the register, same as they have on the input side. You hold your bag under the end of it and your gear just falls into the bag. Worth the odd broken egg or a smashed bottle here and there, just for the efficiency. Also, checkout people should be instructed to tell women to get their money ready as they start checking, so that we don't all have to wait and watch the performance as described by 5Sams above, when she suddenly realises she has to pay for the stuff and she doesn't know where her handbag is, where her purse is in the handbag or where the money is in the purse.

i hate alcoholics/junkies on trams and busses making a load of noises and shouting random things at people who couldnt give a fcuk what they have to say... 

Junkies fair enough, but I enjoy the rambling drunk making random incoherent observations, as long as he's not violent. There are too few characters left as our brave new world relentlessly sanitises itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeRTiyxszyI

pintsofguinness

ziggysego

The morning after the night before...
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: lurganblue on May 18, 2008, 10:08:29 AM

No one does been drunk and shouting etc like the Dubs  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmnhiZE8X4k
You'll Never Walk Alone.