You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Why do you make stupid statements and just leave it at that?  I repeat what do you propose, a mother has just given birth her new baby, should she be expected to go straight back to work, should the baby not be allowed to be given the best care by it's mother and best nutrition by being breast fed for the first few months of it's life?

How is it my problem what she does?
Plenty of babies aren't breast fed too (and don't get me started on breast feeding), they do just fine.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Stanley

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 06, 2008, 12:24:26 PM
Why do you make stupid statements and just leave it at that?  I repeat what do you propose, a mother has just given birth her new baby, should she be expected to go straight back to work, should the baby not be allowed to be given the best care by it's mother and best nutrition by being breast fed for the first few months of it's life?

Plenty of babies aren't breast fed too (and don't get me started on breast feeding), they do just fine.

So it's not your problem then that she gets 6 months maternity leave, so what exactly is your issue?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Stanley on March 06, 2008, 12:35:44 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 06, 2008, 12:24:26 PM

So it's not your problem then that she gets 6 months maternity leave, so what exactly is your issue?

That is my problem.

Stanley

So your issue is that you begrudge a mother maternity leave, as you feel you are paying for this as a tax payer  :o Wonder will all these children begrudge you getting your pension or health care.  ::)

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Stanley on March 06, 2008, 12:41:13 PM
So your issue is that you begrudge a mother maternity leave, as you feel you are paying for this as a tax payer  :o Wonder will all these children begrudge you getting your pension or health care.  ::)

When I'm old enough to receive a pension there will be no pensions worth talking about.

Stanley

pintsofguinness

give her dixie

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Stanley

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 06, 2008, 12:42:56 PM

When I'm old enough to receive a pension there will be no pensions worth talking about.

So nothing the state provides, roads, infrastructure, transport, healthcare, fuel allowances for the old, pensions etc etc will be applicable to you and be subsidised by the younger working generation; yeah right, that some planet you inhabit!! 

ziggysego

I'm in a good mood this week. Nothing to complain about :)
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Stanley on March 06, 2008, 12:56:37 PM

So nothing the state provides, roads, infrastructure, transport, healthcare, fuel allowances for the old, pensions etc etc will be applicable to you and be subsidised by the younger working generation; yeah right, that some planet you inhabit!! 

If I'm using the roads I'll be paying car tax, not sure what you mean by infrastructure or transport, I would doubt if there'll be healthcare, fuel allowances for the old or pensions when I'm that age.  I have no issue with people who've worked hard and paid taxes getting pensions or allowances in their older years.
Is it right that people who've paid taxes all their life get sick and have to join the same waiting list as those who have added nothing to society?
Is it right that I've to pay if someone else wants children?

btw, I do think that the strong in society have an obligation to look after the weak, but not the lazy!

Zapatista

Quote from: ziggysego on March 06, 2008, 12:59:05 PM
I'm in a good mood this week. Nothing to complain about :)

People who are happier than me :(

Nah. I'm happy for ye Ziggy ;D

Puckoon

Ziggy how can ye be so happy when poor susan is on deaths door?

Stanley

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 06, 2008, 05:42:52 PM
Quote from: Stanley on March 06, 2008, 12:56:37 PM

If I'm using the roads I'll be paying car tax, not sure what you mean by infrastructure or transport, I would doubt if there'll be healthcare, fuel allowances for the old or pensions when I'm that age.  I have no issue with people who've worked hard and paid taxes getting pensions or allowances in their older years.
Is it right that people who've paid taxes all their life get sick and have to join the same waiting list as those who have added nothing to society?
Is it right that I've to pay if someone else wants children?

btw, I do think that the strong in society have an obligation to look after the weak, but not the lazy!

So a woman having a baby and going on maternity leave is lazy, you have made some outrageous statements but that takes the biscuit, you are obviously a wind up merchant, so much for you debating anything.  ::)  Maybe we should make it illegal for kids to exist, society would be much better, well in your eyes.  :-\

pintsofguinness

QuoteSo a woman having a baby and going on maternity leave is lazy,

No but it's her choice.