You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick O Shea

Quote from: Hardy on January 06, 2008, 01:28:15 PM
People who say "nukular", for "nuclear".  They include the president of the USA, at least one RTÉ newsreader and the latest was some fella on the "What-if" programme on RTÉ Radio 1 this morning - what if we had built the nuclear power station in Carnsore was the subject. This lad was there as an expert on the whole subject, yet he can't pronounce the name of his speciality.

Did you get the new Billy Connelly dvd for christmas?  ;D

his holiness nb

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 07, 2008, 11:38:50 PM
Getting out of the shower and realising there's no towel in the bathroom!

Then the bollocking you get from the missus for getting the floor wet while you go get one  :-[
Ask me holy bollix

downredblack

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on January 08, 2008, 08:22:55 AM
Wondering whether, on arriving at work, I turned off the immersion after the shower

As the Da used to say " you might as well be throwing 50p's out the top window .

maddog

Arrving back at the train station car park to find some bastard parked (not in a designated space) with their drivers door 6 inches from my drivers door and having to climb across the passenger seat to get in. >:(

Hardy

Quote from: Rick O Shea on January 08, 2008, 08:40:42 AM
Quote from: Hardy on January 06, 2008, 01:28:15 PM
People who say "nukular", for "nuclear".  They include the president of the USA, at least one RTÉ newsreader and the latest was some fella on the "What-if" programme on RTÉ Radio 1 this morning - what if we had built the nuclear power station in Carnsore was the subject. This lad was there as an expert on the whole subject, yet he can't pronounce the name of his speciality.

Did you get the new Billy Connelly dvd for christmas?  ;D

No. Is Billy on about it too? Or is it just that we're both turning into grumpy old men?

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

I used to work with an old HR Manager who talked about tri-broonearals instead of tribunals.  The Mahon tri-broonearal.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

The Real Laoislad

f**king little sc**bag bastard f**king c***ts who smashed my van window last night and stole everything from it..
My ipod,satnav all gone which i might add were locked in the glove compartment which the bastards forced open and a load of personal documents inc bills etc were just fucked out of the van onto the ground
The house 4 doors up got done as well the girl had credit cards and everything stolen..
I wouldn't mind but i live in a very quiet cul de sac...
Just as well the stupid pricks didn't get into the back of my van i have loads of tools they could have got
Im still waiting for the Garda to come out i rang them at 9am

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
You'll Never Walk Alone.

the Deel Rover

Awful feeling Laoislad sorry to hear about that a few years ago one of my kids was awake around 3 or 4 in the morning i thought i heard a noise in our Driveway, low and behold i look down and there is a little fcuker trying to rob me car i run down the stairs to confront the little fcuker and guess what he says " RELAX MAN RELAX"   he was out of his box i rang the Guards and they took the little basta*d away he had caused damage to a few cars in the estate the same night.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

stephenite

Ouch Laoislad - nothing quite so enraging as knowing some little f**ker has taken off with some expensive items paid for out your hard earned cash.  >:(

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: the Deel Rover on January 08, 2008, 11:39:50 AM
Awful feeling Laoislad sorry to hear about that a few years ago one of my kids was awake around 3 or 4 in the morning i thought i heard a noise in our Driveway, low and behold i look down and there is a little fcuker trying to rob me car i run down the stairs to confront the little fcuker and guess what he says " RELAX MAN RELAX"   he was out of his box i rang the Guards and they took the little basta*d away he had caused damage to a few cars in the estate the same night.

Probably just as well i didn't catch the f**kers i would be up for assault...
Anyone know where i can get replacement glass around the Dublin area?
I have rang Autoglass  but they won't have it till friday
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: stephenite on January 08, 2008, 11:47:11 AM
Ouch Laoislad - nothing quite so enraging as knowing some little f**ker has taken off with some expensive items paid for out your hard earned cash.  >:(
I know and i wouldn't mind but the satnav is no good to them as they left the charger in the van,Also sure the ipod won't work on another computer..
I even had a religious scapular(spelling?) that a late Aunt of mine gave me and i have had it in every car i have owned and that was fucked out into a big puddle beside the van
You'll Never Walk Alone.

his holiness nb

The ipod will work on another computer Laoislad, I used to use mine in the office and at home.

Sorry to hear that LL, that sort of shite would make you want to roam the streets with a baseball bat.
Ask me holy bollix

The Real Laoislad

Well with my taste in music im sure they will be deleting all my tunes  :D..
Just found the sim card for the sat nav underneath the seat of the van so that is definatly useless to them now good enough for the c***ts..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

the Deel Rover

i hope they enjoy the 2003 leinster final LL
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

I don't normally contribute to this thread, but I was reminded at lunch time of one of my 'favourite' bug-bears. Young lads, and especially young ones speaking in faux-California accents.

What the feck is 'ledduce and tomehdo'? In my day it was lettuce and tomato. Or in Offaly, Lehhuce and Tomaho.

Not to mention crap like 'Oh My God...', 'Whatever', 'I so told him' etc.

It's even spread to Limerick now. No more is the word 'like' used in it's traditional way as in 'So I said to him, cop on like.' Instead it's now the American form as in 'Oh My God, I was so, like, ready to tell him to cop on'.

And now that I mention it, those eejits on the radio from AA with their Red Cah Rindabahts, and not being able to pronounce Moate.

AArrrrgh.

Maybe it's the post-Christmas blues. Must look for, like, another avatar. My current one is so, like, Ohhh My Godd, yesterday.