You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

People stopping and texting/looking at their phone in the middle of a busy footpath/shopping centre.

"All set for the Christmas?"

"How was the Christmas?"............"quiet"

ziggysego

Quote from: ballinaman on December 22, 2015, 05:57:26 PM
People stopping and texting/looking at their phone in the middle of a busy footpath/shopping centre.

A nightmare to get pass these people in my wheelchair
Testing Accessibility

laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on December 22, 2015, 10:45:33 PM

It's probably harder to get past you when you stop in the middle of the path to post more shite on twitter and Facebook.  ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ziggysego

Quote from: laoislad on December 22, 2015, 11:00:46 PM

It's probably harder to get past you when you stop in the middle of the path to post more shite on twitter and Facebook.  ;D

I never tweet on the move ;)
Testing Accessibility

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ziggysego on December 22, 2015, 11:08:31 PM
Quote from: laoislad on December 22, 2015, 11:00:46 PM

I never tweet on the move ;)

You'd get penalty points if you were caught!!

Tony Baloney

You need a horn and/or a sharp stick for prodding. Although I'd say you would rather be prodding with your horn  ;)

Green Fields

Quote from: laoislad on December 22, 2015, 05:47:08 PM
Quote from: Green Fields on December 22, 2015, 01:41:25 PM
Usually car proud w**kers in audis, bmw's or mercs, and mostly second hand at that, I think you should be able to get a parking ticket for this.
Maybe someday when you grow up you'll be able afford an Audi also.... :)

And park over two spaces like a w**ker?  Maybe I drive a car which is practical for my family and I and don't need to have an erection at a second hand status symbol - but as long as you are enjoying life kid !

Asal Mor

Here's a survey entitled 'Which cars have the highest ratio of jerks behind the wheel?'

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/a-massive-41-of-us-think-that-bmw-drivers-are-the-biggest-jerks/

BMW, Audis and Mercs are in the top 4 with Honda. I'd agree with it. In my experience BMW drivers are in general, particularly obnoxious.

Green Fields

And 90% of them are driving second hand cars, because folk like laoislad would rather pay through the nose for a second hand status symbol than get a car practical and affordable to their lifestyle.

laoislad

That's some massive bag of spuds on your shoulder Green Fields  ;D  ;D

Keep saving those pennies though and some day you can have a nice car also.
BTW my A4 estate is very practical for both my family and business needs.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Franko

Quote from: Green Fields on December 23, 2015, 07:52:03 AM
And 90% of them are driving second hand cars, because folk like laoislad would rather pay through the nose for a second hand status symbol than get a car practical and affordable to their lifestyle.

Anybody that goes into a showroom and buys a new car only to lose 25-40% of the value of it as soon as they stick a set of plates on it needs their head examined.

And if some people decide they want a nice second hand car, well sure that's their lookout.  I'm sure they won't be giving a shit about you in the 1.0L Liana as you drive past in your jealous rage.

Is there a connection between the Green Fields and the Green Eyed Monster...

Tony Baloney

Lads this "mine is bigger than yours" stuff is embarrassing. Catch yourselves on.

annapr

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 23, 2015, 09:38:04 AM
Lads this "mine is bigger than yours" stuff is embarrassing. Catch yourselves on.
In fairness its Green Fields causing all the fuss.
Its a bit silly tarring everyone who drives a particular make of car with the same brush.
Its clear he has some sort of chip on his shoulder.

mackers

The biggest t*ts on the road are not Audi or BMW drivers, they are the tossers in the jeeps.  Driving up the Newry Armagh road this morning on a straight part of the road (doing 65-70 mph) and a bollox in a Range Rover tried to overtake me and two cars in front of me when there was a car turning into a side road on the right...near wiped us all out. The road had chevrons on it to stop people doing what he did...he was in the middle of them when he had to brake I gave him a blast on the horn as he was alongside me when he had to brake.  Most of us would have sat back on making this mistake but he proceeded at the earliest opportunity to go again.  On the way past he leaned over to give ME the dirty look..... >:( >:(.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

thebigfella

Quote from: Franko on December 23, 2015, 08:51:37 AM
Quote from: Green Fields on December 23, 2015, 07:52:03 AM

Anybody that goes into a showroom and buys a new car only to lose 25-40% of the value of it as soon as they stick a set of plates on it needs their head examined.

And if some people decide they want a nice second hand car, well sure that's their lookout.  I'm sure they won't be giving a shit about you in the 1.0L Liana as you drive past in your jealous rage.

Is there a connection between the Green Fields and the Green Eyed Monster...

Actually with all the dealer discounts (finance contributions if you need too & lower Apr rates for new) the difference is minimal. Depending on the model and dealer needing to make targets; you can negotiate some great discounts which heavily negate the depreciation.

Gone are the days cash was king and if you are paying cash, it's nearly always better to take the finance from the dealer (as there is usually no early settlement charges) so you can get a additional deposit contribution and then just settle the next week with the finance company for the cash price (you can only be charged interest for the length of the finance period).

Very few cars lose anything near 40% coming of the forecourt. Certainly none of the premium brands derided in the last few posts won't. If it does, then you payed to much or you bought something sh1te.