You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on January 01, 2013, 12:06:50 AM
Bernard Dunne. The **** is everywhere these days. Annoying little bollix.

Oh and Happy New Year ye bunch of pricks.
Was this really the first gear grinder since October?! Pints used to own this thread.

EagleLord

Everyone must have mellowed a bit Tony..

Eamonnca1

You're at a performance event, you're in the audience, the performers go onto the stage, and everyone in the audience in front of you has to hold up their phones/cameras/tablets to record the damn thing. You're trying to watch a show but you end up having to look at it through a sea of hands. What happened to just enjoying the show and savouring the memories?

ziggysego

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 04, 2013, 02:15:25 AM
You're at a performance event, you're in the audience, the performers go onto the stage, and everyone in the audience in front of you has to hold up their phones/cameras/tablets to record the damn thing. You're trying to watch a show but you end up having to look at it through a sea of hands. What happened to just enjoying the show and savouring the memories?

Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Wankers who constantly flaunt the basic rules of shared work bathrooms. If there's 6 empty f**king cubicles and I'm in the far left or far right one, not only is there no need, but its basic feckin bathroom ediquette to NOT come and plant your cheeks in the cubicle next to me. You big, fat, squaretoed shoed bastard you.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Puckoon on January 09, 2013, 11:42:01 PM
w**kers who constantly flaunt the basic rules of shared work bathrooms. If there's 6 empty f**king cubicles and I'm in the far left or far right one, not only is there no need, but its basic feckin bathroom ediquette to NOT come and plant your cheeks in the cubicle next to me. You big, fat, squaretoed shoed b**tard you.
;D Ha ha very good Puckoon.

ziggysego

You buy a piece of equipment that requires a HDMI connection to the television, yet they don't provide the cable for you. Hate that!  >:(
Testing Accessibility

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Dont know if this has been mentioned by me or anyone else before but i really cant stand the one show-the music drives me mad too

Orior

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 13, 2013, 09:39:12 PM
Dont know if this has been mentioned by me or anyone else before but i really cant stand the one show-the music drives me mad too

Ditto. I cant get to the channel changer quick enough.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Orior on January 13, 2013, 09:58:25 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 13, 2013, 09:39:12 PM

Ditto. I cant get to the channel changer quick enough.

Ha ha I hear ya

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Puckoon on January 09, 2013, 11:42:01 PM
w**kers who constantly flaunt the basic rules of shared work bathrooms. If there's 6 empty f**king cubicles and I'm in the far left or far right one, not only is there no need, but its basic feckin bathroom ediquette to NOT come and plant your cheeks in the cubicle next to me. You big, fat, squaretoed shoed b**tard you.
you think that's bad, I was sitting down to business the other day and some crab came and checked both cubicles, me sitting there and someone in the one beside me, and just catch out of the corner my eye him peeking over to see if its occupied or not, instead of just trying the door or god forbid checking the wee red bit that shows that it's occupied!

From the Bunker

Quote from: ziggysego on January 13, 2013, 04:09:46 PM
You buy a piece of equipment that requires a HDMI connection to the television, yet they don't provide the cable for you. Hate that!  >:(

Yeah, t'was an old trick with the Scart Connections in the old days. You'd buy a decent DVD PLayer for a reasonable price, go home, no Scart connection. You'd go back to the shop and a decent Scart would cost you half the price of the DVD Player.

Orior

I "grrrrr" when I see young bucks driving (or cycling) with a hoodie.

Peripheral vision sir?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

theticklemister

You're reading the news on the internet from say bbc and it talks about the weather in lincoln or dorset somewhere and then it talks about the weather in down or omagh in the same sentence as if we are all intwined.

Sorry I cant get that point across as I have a wile sore head; but I hope ye can get my drift.

From the Bunker

Quote from: theticklemister on January 20, 2013, 11:04:39 AM
You're reading the news on the internet from say bbc and it talks about the weather in lincoln or dorset somewhere and then it talks about the weather in down or omagh in the same sentence as if we are all intwined.

Sorry I cant get that point across as I have a wile sore head; but I hope ye can get my drift.

My favourite is when Radio stations say Remaining wet in the East with dry weather coming from the west. You will notice they are telling you how it is now in the west (which is no news), with no detail of what is coming from the Atlantic!