You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Quote from: Gazzler on July 13, 2012, 07:38:25 PM
Eammonca1
Quote from: theticklemister on July 10, 2012, 08:48:20 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 10, 2012, 06:26:33 AM
I don't give to anybody in the street.  It's like feeding pigeons.  Only encourages the blackguards.  There's a handful of worthy causes I give to in my own time, and they're only ones that I know do a good job of it rather than becoming a fundraising operation almost for its own sake.  There's some cancer research outfits that seem to do nothing but raise more funds.  When I see how elaborate their fundraising efforts are I start to wonder how the hell there could be anything left to spend on actually researching the condition.  Some of them in the states, particularly concerning breast cancer and other female-specific cancers, seem to have become a fundraising industrial complex in their own right.

It seems like every time I go to pay for my groceries at Safeway I'm asked by the PIN pad if I want to make a donation to another cancer charity.  Every time I pay for pet supplies I'm asked by the machine if I want to help a homeless pet.  Pressing 'no' has become instinctive. 

And don't get me started on the homeless at the end of freeway exits.  That's flat out illegal in California, you can call the Highway Patrol and have them removed.  They can be a bit intimidating.  If you're driving with the top down they seem to take it as an open invitation to come over and start getting in your face.

Worst of all is the beggars in San Francisco. Aggressive motherfuckers. There's one petrol station in particular where they seem to hide in the bushes or somewhere and wait until you've started pumping before they appear out of the woodwork and grab the squeegee to start washing your windscreen.  I tell them to get their hands off my f***ing car and get out of my sight.  I would even say they really grind my gears. 

"Give the the needy" my hole.  When the same boy standing on the same corner has been asking you for change for five years and he doesn't seem to have all his worldly possessions with him you start to get a bit cynical after a while.  I've heard stories about them boys taking off after a day's begging and going home to an upscale apartment.

I don't have the words to put down which describes my deep hatred and anger at this moment; so in relation to this thread.............

You know what really grinds my gears......... Eamonnca1

Twice in 2 pages Eamonnca1..................... Not good lad; not good!

Eamonnca1

theticklemister

Mary Peters getting put in our televisions every 4 years!

The Iceman

Quote from: Jonah on July 13, 2012, 10:19:15 PM
Quote from: Gazzler on July 13, 2012, 07:38:25 PM
Eammonca1

+1
Luckily all the haters don't live in San Fran or you'd have to hightail out of there too......
Oh dear.....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

ONeill

You know how, every now and then, you're asked to vote for someone who's singing or dancing or just living in some kind of competition. Often it's a relative of a friend or whatever. I never do it because I think it's unfair to the other contestants who might well be the rightful winner. Do I need to lighten up?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Cold tea

Were you meant to post that one as Olly!

ONeill

Cold tea

ONeill

theticklemister

Just seeing the new Magners ad which brings me back to a thing that grinds my gears!!!!!!

In the old Magners ad when the lorry runs away through Clonmel, why the hell do they go through a cricket pitch???????? Tip is the 'home of hurling'! disgrace

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

theticklemister

Quote from: ziggysego on July 20, 2012, 11:48:20 PM

whens he coming back?

do ye mind he....................

his running on at the formula 1 race and during the marathon!

ziggysego

Quote from: theticklemister on July 20, 2012, 11:53:11 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 20, 2012, 11:48:20 PM

whens he coming back?

do ye mind he....................

his running on at the formula 1 race and during the marathon!

And Britain's Got Talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVIMSHimZZA
Testing Accessibility