You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hardy on August 25, 2011, 05:14:53 PM
It's not mine - just something I found in a piece about intelligent simplicity vs. dumb complexity. The same piece also asked how does it make sense to shut down your PC by clicking a button called "Start" and other good stuff.

It's a bit out of date so. That's now the 'Windows' Button. But I take your point. Sometimes less is more.

Hardy

Yes, except that that's worse - it has no name, just a picture that's supposed to be a window, from which you're supposed to deduce that this is the "Windows" button, as if you should know that the "Windows" button is where you should go when you want to stop the fecker. And when you do put your mouse over it, what comes up? "Start".

Rois

You know where you have an irritating cough and you're in a really important meeting with new clients, and all you can think about is how not to cough, and then that brings on a reall desire to cough and then they think you're about to die?

Yeah that just happened.  I hate it. 

Nally Stand

F#@kin soccer. There's just no escaping it anywhere. Even here... Six threads on page one of general discussion about one of the worlds most boring sports. And topped off by a thread about THE most boring sport...cricket.  :-\
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Hardy on August 25, 2011, 05:06:54 PM
Microsoft Word with all the toolbars open

Getting used to one form of Microsoft word, then using another computer and thinking O f**k, I can't even find the open new blank page.  >:(
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 25, 2011, 08:51:38 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 25, 2011, 05:06:54 PM
Microsoft Word with all the toolbars open

Getting used to one form of Microsoft word, then using another computer and thinking O f**k, I can't even find the open new blank page.  >:(
Aye I f**king hate the 2010 version on the home machine. All tabs and shit along the top.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Nally Stand on August 25, 2011, 08:49:17 PM
F#@kin soccer. There's just no escaping it anywhere. Even here... Six threads on page one of general discussion about one of the worlds most boring sports. And topped off by a thread about THE most boring sport...cricket.  :-\

Now eight soccer threads on page 1 of general discussion.....  :-\
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

JBM on the 21

People who rabbit on about Tipp winning an easy AllIreland in 1989. They beat Galway and Antrim to win that AllIreland, the same counties Cork beat in 86 and 90, and Kilkenny in 93.

haveaharp

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 27, 2011, 09:51:52 AM
sinead o' connor

why ? Wouldnt be fan of the music but at least she doesnt tow the line

Hardy

Billys Boots

Quote from: Hardy on August 30, 2011, 09:53:24 AM
She's as mad as a box of frogs.

I'd have said 'as mad as a mad bag of mad ferrets that are very mad'.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Billys Boots on August 30, 2011, 10:38:18 AM

She's madder than that Billy
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ziggysego

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 30, 2011, 10:53:09 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on August 30, 2011, 10:38:18 AM

She's madder than that Billy

Madder than a bag of rabid badgers?
Testing Accessibility

Canalman

When you go to the barbers and get your hair cut by the surly owner as opposed to the hot east european chick working there. Even worse when your halfarsed calculations  made while waiting reckon that she will be the one you get.