spuds

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 21, 2018, 04:54:37 PM
Galway SFC semi finals

Corofin 0-12 Annaghdown 0-8
Mountbellew-Moylough 1-13 Salthill Knocknacarra 1-10

Galway IFC final

An Spideal 0-11 Micheal Breathnach 0-11

Senior final and intermediate replay double header next Sunday

Micheal Breathnach have a hurling junior semi final to play Wednesday this week as well. Belmullet will be delighted, a good team.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

larryin89

The general consensus is it's corofins to lose with clan maybe the nearest to them , I'll stick my neck out here and predict tubber to give it a right good rattle .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: larryin89 on October 21, 2018, 06:22:15 PM
The general consensus is it's corofins to lose with clan maybe the nearest to them , I'll stick my neck out here and predict tubber to give it a right good rattle .

I thought Corofin might get caught today as Annaghdown are a good side with a sprinkling of intercounty players. Corofin played most of the 2nd half with only 14 men and were against the wind but actually ended up extending their lead. It's not so much the big name players with Corofin that makes them so good rather than the general quality of even their weakest players.

I actually hope they get knocked out at some point as a few of their young lads like Kieran Molloy and Dylan Wall (who was superb today) deserve game time with Galway during next year's league.

macdanger2

Based on last night's game, I can't see ballintubber doing much

Duine Eile

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 21, 2018, 07:16:51 PM

I thought Corofin might get caught today as Annaghdown are a good side with a sprinkling of intercounty players. Corofin played most of the 2nd half with only 14 men and were against the wind but actually ended up extending their lead. It's not so much the big name players with Corofin that makes them so good rather than the general quality of even their weakest players.

I actually hope they get knocked out at some point as a few of their young lads like Kieran Molloy and Dylan Wall (who was superb today) deserve game time with Galway during next year's league.

Dylan Wall and Kieran Fitzgerald were fantastic today, awful pity Daithí Burke is sticking with the hurling, he made a big impact when he came on. Wouldn't have picked Comer, Duggan, Frankie Burke out as county players today, Annaghdown were disappointing.

Syferus

Quote from: Duine Eile on October 21, 2018, 10:52:26 PM

Dylan Wall and Kieran Fitzgerald were fantastic today, awful pity Daithí Burke is sticking with the hurling, he made a big impact when he came on. Wouldn't have picked Comer, Duggan, Frankie Burke out as county players today, Annaghdown were disappointing.

How did young Gary Cox get on for Salthill

Duine Eile

Quote from: Syferus on October 21, 2018, 10:57:06 PM

Didn't start but came on for Evan Murphy when he got injured, didn't do much from what I could see and didn't score.

Syferus

Quote from: Duine Eile on October 21, 2018, 10:59:41 PM
Quote from: Syferus on October 21, 2018, 10:57:06 PM

Didn't start but came on for Evan Murphy when he got injured, didn't do much from what I could see and didn't score.

Gary must be 38 at this stage and still playing senior club football

Duine Eile

Kieran Fitzgerald is 37 and was a contender for man of the match in the following game. For all their under age success, population at their disposal and they'd have a fair few euro also, Salthill are seriously under achieving. I'd imagine the constant influx of players from other clubs doesn't do much for team morale either.

Maroon Manc

Spoke to my dad who was at the match and said the small fella in Corofin's defence was brilliant so assume that was Dylan Wall, living in a different country I don't see a lot of Corofin but anytime I do I'm always very impressed with him; I'd have him above Kieran Molloy in the pecking order.

Michael Daly scored 4 points from play, apparently the 2 Daly's were outstanding? Whats John's pace like or is he deceptively quick like the brother?  Would have only saw him once in the flesh and that was the minor game against Tipp in 2015.

I watched the Mayo final online the other night, as others have mentioned it was a poor game; Thought the ref was bit harsh on Breaffy but they didn't help themselves either. I hear a lot about Matthew Ruane but he didn't look ready to make the step up to IC football. Bellmullet were impressive and will be the team to beat in Connacht at Intermediate.

rosnarun

I thought ryan  o donoughue was by far the pick of the non county men  on show on Saturday . really like the cut of his jib.
as for the seniors
Diarmuid  Oconnor while not having his best games really showed what hes made of again with the last point . and whe you have a  freetaker as good as Cillian you always have a chance esp in low scoring winter games
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Owenmoresider

Senior Football
QFs - 4th November
Tourlestrane (Sligo) v Ballintubber (Mayo)
Clann na Gael (Roscommon) v Fulham Irish or Tir Conaill Gaels (London)

SFs - 11th November
Aughawillan (Leitrim) v Mayo/Sligo
Galway v Roscommon/London

Final - 25th November

Intermediate Football
QF - 3rd November
Fenagh (Leitrim) v Curry or Shamrock Gaels (Sligo)

SFs - 10th November
An Spideal or Micheal Breathnach (Galway) v Belmullet (Mayo)
Fuerty or Oran (Roscommon) v Sligo/Leitrim

Final - TBC

Junior Football
QF - 3rd November
Easkey (Sligo) v Glenfarne/Kilty (Leitrim)

SFs - 10th November
Kilglass Gaels (Roscommon) v Clonbur (Galway)
Balla (Mayo) v Sligo/Leitrim

Senior Hurling
::)

Intermediate Hurling
QF - 29th October
Tooreen (Mayo) v Athleague (Roscommon)

SF - 10/11 November
St Gabriels (London) v Mayo/Roscommon

F - 18th November
Galway v winners

Junior Hurling
SF - 29th October
Coolera/Strandhill (Sligo) v Carrick (Leitrim)

F - TBC
Galway v Sligo/Leitrim

Sligo:
SFC
Tourlestrane

IFC
Curry v Shamrock Gaels

JFC
Easkey

SHC
Coolera/Strandhill

Leitrim:
SFC
Aughawillan

IFC
Fenagh

JFC
Glenfarne/Kilty

SHC
Carrick

Mayo:
SFC
Ballintubber

IFC
Belmullet

JFC
Balla

SHC
Tooreen

Roscommon:
SFC
Clann na Gael

IFC
Fuerty v Oran

JFC
Kilglass Gaels

SHC
Athleague

Galway:
SFC
Corofin v Mountbellew

IFC
An Spideal v Michael Breathnach

JFC
Clonbur

SHC
Sarsfields
Cappataggle
Liam Mellows
St Thomas v Clarinbridge

IHC
Kilconieron v Oranmore or Rahoon/Newcastle

JHC

London:
SFC
Fulham Irish v Tir Conaill Gaels

SHC
St Gabriels

sligoman2

Quote from: macdanger2 on October 21, 2018, 10:14:34 PM

First of all congrats to Ballintubber and I hope you are right mac danger.  Tourlestrane should give them a run for their money in enniscrone, I would prefer if it was in tourlestrane...
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: sligoman2 on October 22, 2018, 01:17:02 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on October 21, 2018, 10:14:34 PM

First of all congrats to Ballintubber and I hope you are right mac danger.  Tourlestrane should give them a run for their money in enniscrone, I would prefer if it was in tourlestrane...
And it should be. It's perfectly capable of holding such a game.