Laois Senior B Hurling Championship 2019

Started by The PRO, February 28, 2019, 09:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossy Bruce

Thanks for the write-up, there, on the upcoming matches, Keyser Söze!
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Mossy Bruce

I don’t quite know the structure of our club championships, yet. So what’s next? Quarter-finals, I’d assume. Do they now mix the two groups for four matches, with the bottom two (one from each group) fighting against relegation?
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Mossy Bruce

Wow. I just saw the score for the Rosenallis v Slieve Bloom match (2-13 to 1-12). Fair play to Slieve Bloom.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on September 08, 2019, 12:05:30 AM
I don't quite know the structure of our club championships, yet. So what's next? Quarter-finals, I'd assume. Do they now mix the two groups for four matches, with the bottom two (one from each group) fighting against relegation?

The bottom team from each group plays in the relegation final, so it'll be Clonaslee v Slieve Bloom.

The two top teams are straight through to the semi-finals. So The Harps and the winner of Ballyfin/Colt tomorrow will top their respective groups.

Quarter-final matches aren't set yet but it'll be Rosenallis, Ballyfin/Colt, Shanahoe and Mountrath playing one another.

Mossy Bruce

I was trying to figure out what reward there was for finishing at the top of the group. Great!

Thanks, Silkyskillssunshinee!
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Silkyskillssunshinee

Colt motoring very well this year. Some turnaround from last year anyway. Still think it will be a Rosenallis v The Harps final though.

Mossy Bruce

Senior 'A' Hurling Championship Quarter Finals
Rosenallis v Mountrath
Ballyfin v Shanahoe

Senior 'A' Hurling Championship Semi Finals

The Harps v TBC
Colt v TBC

Senior 'A' Hurling Championship Relegation Final

Clonaslee v Slieve Bloom

From LaoisToday, https://www.laoistoday.ie/2019/09/08/laois-senior-and-senior-a-hurling-quarter-finals-confirmed/
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Mossy Bruce

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 21

SENIOR "A" HURLING CHAMPIONSHIP Relegation Final
Mountrath 18:00 Clonaslee St Manmans v Slieve Bloom

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 22

SENIOR "A" HURLING CHAMPIONSHIP Quarter Finals
O'Moore Park 13:00 Ballyfin v Shanahoe
O'Moore Park 14:30 Rosenallis v St Fintans Mountrath

From LaoisToday: https://www.laoistoday.ie/2019/09/17/all-of-this-weeks-gaa-fixtures-as-attentions-turn-to-hurling-and-camogie/
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Neutralobserver

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on September 17, 2019, 05:16:55 PM
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 21

SENIOR "A" HURLING CHAMPIONSHIP Relegation Final
Mountrath 18:00 Clonaslee St Manmans v Slieve Bloom

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 22

SENIOR "A" HURLING CHAMPIONSHIP Quarter Finals
O'Moore Park 13:00 Ballyfin v Shanahoe
O'Moore Park 14:30 Rosenallis v St Fintans Mountrath

you would have to imagine clonaslee st manmans, ballyfin and rosenallis for these three

From LaoisToday: https://www.laoistoday.ie/2019/09/17/all-of-this-weeks-gaa-fixtures-as-attentions-turn-to-hurling-and-camogie/

merman

Clonaslee should have too much for Slieve Bloom. Could be a bit of a dog-fight mind. Clonaslee will likely have their focus on next weekend but I think they'll have enough.

Similarly, I simply can't see where Shanahoe will have enough to turn over a Ballyfin team who are on the crest of a wave with their footballers going so well.

Rosenallis should turn over Mountrath but if I had to back an outsider, this is where I'd look. I do like where Mountrath are going. Physically, they'll trouble Rosenallis but it's their lack of scores from play that will likely be their undoing. Rosenallis are the Senior A team best equipped to tackle The Harps but I'm not convinced they're going as well as they were last year.

Clonaslee by 6
Ballyfin by 8
Rosenallis by 3

Neutralobserver

Clonaslee relegated a bit of a shock and they were one of the favourites to win it. Fair play to slieve bloom

merman

Quote from: merman on September 21, 2019, 09:44:52 AM
Rosenallis should turn over Mountrath but if I had to back an outsider, this is where I'd look. I do like where Mountrath are going. Physically, they'll trouble Rosenallis but it's their lack of scores from play that will likely be their undoing. Rosenallis are the Senior A team best equipped to tackle The Harps but I'm not convinced they're going as well as they were last year.

Rosenallis by 3

Eh.....

Mossy Bruce

SENIOR 'A' HURLING CHAMPIONSHIP SEMI FINALS

The Harps v Ballyfin

Colt v Rosenallis
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

burdizzo

Quote from: merman on September 22, 2019, 03:44:53 PM
Quote from: merman on September 21, 2019, 09:44:52 AM

Rosenallis by 3

Eh.....

Well, you were certainly right about the lack of scores from play! N'ere a one at all, I think! I would compliment their goalie for holding nearly all the balls that dropped short in such atrocious conditions, but the only other noteworthy thing about the game was Paddy Keating's goal in the second half. Pure class.

Neutralobserver

both ballyfin and rosenallis impressive yesterday in them conditions, i dont think the harps will get it all their own way as alot of hurling in this grade yet.