China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Scoil catriona mobhi Road Glaasnevin being shut for the next 2 weeks. The corona virus case was a pupil there.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on March 01, 2020, 07:04:23 PM
Quote from: AFM on March 01, 2020, 05:40:02 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 01, 2020, 04:28:58 PM
Well, apparently there is now an outbreak in an elderly care home in the US.

Unfortunately, I think we will soon see just how bad this could potentially be if folks continue to be flippant about it spreading  [and govts have been far too slow to act so far].

It's all driven by the economic consequences, no government gives a flying one how many old or infirm are wiped out as long as their economy is ok. The irony being had borders been closed earlier this could have prevented the spread, airlines aren't cancelling or giving refunds as governments are saying it's safe to travel.

Yup I agree. Borders weren't closed because they want it spread. They want a few hundred thousand or millions of us gone, especially those they consider to be a burden to society.

So it's preventable? Sure 60% of the world's population are going to get it anyways, hopefully a vaccine will come and like swine flu and bird flu it will be sorted.

The media has went into overdrive too which makes things a lot worse for panic
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AFM

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 01, 2020, 07:17:28 PM

Unfortunately, I think we will soon see just how bad this could potentially be if folks continue to be flippant about it spreading  [and govts have been far too slow to act so far].

It's all driven by the economic consequences, no government gives a flying one how many old or infirm are wiped out as long as their economy is ok. The irony being had borders been closed earlier this could have prevented the spread, airlines aren't cancelling or giving refunds as governments are saying it's safe to travel.

Yup I agree. Borders weren't closed because they want it spread. They want a few hundred thousand or millions of us gone, especially those they consider to be a burden to society.

So it's preventable? Sure 60% of the world's population are going to get it anyways, hopefully a vaccine will come and like swine flu and bird flu it will be sorted.

Looks like you have bought into the hysteria.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AFM on March 01, 2020, 07:30:35 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 01, 2020, 07:17:28 PM

Looks like you have bought into the hysteria.

Yeah, I'm so nervous about the whole thing.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Well Mary-Lou did say on TV that their pension proposals were affordable as the demographics would sort themselves out. SF must have sussed out this before the rest of us.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

marty34

Quote from: armaghniac on March 01, 2020, 10:48:44 PM

Well Mary-Lou did say on TV that their pension proposals were affordable as the demographics would sort themselves out. SF must have sussed out this before the rest of us.

I heard a scientist on the radio the other morning saying they knew about the CV a good few weeks ago before it hit the mainstram news.

You'd have thought countries would have been more pro-active at that stage instead of waiting for it to become more problematic.

Time was/is of the essence.

Itchy

There was never a  chance this could be stopped, you can carry for 14 days with with a sniffle yet you could pass it to someone else who reacts very badly to it.

armaghniac

Quote from: Itchy on March 01, 2020, 11:17:03 PM
There was never a  chance this could be stopped, you can carry for 14 days with with a sniffle yet you could pass it to someone else who reacts very badly to it.

Yet, case numbers in Singapore and Hong Kong have remained relatively few, although they have had cases for over 6 weeks.

RadioGAAGAA

Easily.

- Everyone close the borders with China in December when it first came out.
- Anyone looking repatriated out of China is done so via strict quarantine zone under the repatriating governments control (i.e. military base).

What will likely happen is that we'll get to a point where extreme measures will be brought in when it becomes palatable to the politicians - but by then it will be far too late, the horse will have long since bolted, had a herd of foals and died of old age.
i usse an speelchekor

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 02, 2020, 09:05:02 AM

Easily.

- Anyone looking repatriated out of China is done so via strict quarantine zone under the repatriating governments control (i.e. military base).

What will likely happen is that we'll get to a point where extreme measures will be brought in when it becomes palatable to the politicians - but by then it will be far too late, the horse will have long since bolted, had a herd of foals and died of old age.

This can't be a serious suggestion.

It's the flu, not Leprosy. More hysteria.

AFM

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 02, 2020, 10:27:51 AM

Easily.

No it's not, more flippancy!  The two illnesses are caused by DIFFERENT viruses.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: AFM on March 02, 2020, 10:29:54 AM

Easily.

No it's not, more flippancy!  The two illnesses are caused by DIFFERENT viruses.

Tomato / Tomato....Closing borders. Jesus wept.

Go to Dublin Airport on Friday and Saturday sure with signs saying down with this sort of thing as there is going to be thousands coming for the cancelled game.

The Chinese will do as they please. Coming out with radical border closings etc....Have you people any idea how big China is? It's not Leitrim.

rrhf

We could close the borders with Leitrim anyway.

armaghniac

Easily.

Agreed. It is not something to be flippant about.
And leprosy is hardly a good example as it is one of the least contagious diseases.

AFM

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 02, 2020, 10:40:41 AM

Easily.

Tomato / Tomato....Closing borders. Jesus wept.

Go to Dublin Airport on Friday and Saturday sure with signs saying down with this sort of thing as there is going to be thousands coming for the cancelled game.

The Chinese will do as they please. Coming out with radical border closings etc....Have you people any idea how big China is? It's not Leitrim.

They are the same thing, can you not grasp they are two different viruses?