Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Ive missed the scapegoats and bogeymen

Ach there they are again.

As you were

APM

Quote from: Angelo on May 08, 2020, 01:58:19 PM
Can you not read?

This is a Joe Brolly thread, he's a public pundit/analyst in the GAA. He did a piece with Eir last week that had a completely unnecessary, petty and nasty dig at Mickey Moran and a few others in the Derry county board at that time.

That's the issue that's been discussed, of course Derry wans would rather create bogeymen that address the issues at hand.

You must be incredibly dim to not be able to follow a topic.

I'd say you're worried about Mickey Moran  ;D

Angelo

Quote from: APM on May 08, 2020, 04:22:14 PM
Can you not read?

This is a Joe Brolly thread, he's a public pundit/analyst in the GAA. He did a piece with Eir last week that had a completely unnecessary, petty and nasty dig at Mickey Moran and a few others in the Derry county board at that time.

That's the issue that's been discussed, of course Derry wans would rather create bogeymen that address the issues at hand.

Mickey Moran is a well respected man in GAA circles, a successful coach and has carried himself with dignity throughout his career.

I thought Brolly's attack on him was snide and cheap and I said as much.

The Derry animals then jumped in and started ranting on about Tyrone like an itch they just can't scratch.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

lenny

Quote from: Angelo on May 08, 2020, 04:57:07 PM
Quote from: APM on May 08, 2020, 04:22:14 PM
Can you not read?

Mickey Moran is a well respected man in GAA circles, a successful coach and has carried himself with dignity throughout his career.

I thought Brolly's attack on him was snide and cheap and I said as much.

The Derry animals then jumped in and started ranting on about Tyrone like an itch they just can't scratch.

Lol, that's about 40 or 50 posts in a row where you continue to repeat yourself and you also keep referring to Derry animals. It looks like it's you who has the psychological problems. SE thinks it's because Derry won the all Ireland before you boys which might be right. I think it's because when you compare the 2 teams like with like Derry come out on top. Hopefully the lockdown will be over soon and your temper and bitterness will abate somewhat.

rrhf

If you want to compare the two teams then compare them during the career of their talisman and to me you have 2 long serving lads representing the two eras with a slight met hence at the end.
Take Sean Cavanaghs career record
Against Derry and tohills against Tyrone and see which team had the higher win percentage. Tohill was the embodiment of the Derry era and Cavanagh the Tyrone era both their highs and lows. Don't know what the result will be but if someone does this I'm prepared to accept the results.

Silver hill

Quote from: Angelo on May 08, 2020, 03:07:39 PM
Quote from: lenny on May 08, 2020, 03:04:30 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 08, 2020, 02:54:28 PM
Quote from: Silver hill on May 08, 2020, 02:47:25 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 08, 2020, 02:39:28 PM
Quote from: lenny on May 08, 2020, 02:29:03 PM
The raw hatred and vindictiveness just oozing out of the Derry wans.

Lol Angela, just have a look at your last 30 or 40 posts. Everyone is about Derry and how much you despise them. Very interesting from a psychological point of view. Methinks you're just a tiny bit annoyed that on a like with like comparison v Tyrone from the noughties the Derry team from the 90s comes out on top.

This is a thread about Joe Brolly.

Joe Brolly recently launched a really nasty and petty broadside at Mickey Moran for effectively destroying GAA. I commented on this in that matter and added that it's no wonder Derry GAA is in such a state when that culture of bogeymen and scapegoats exist rather than being brave about it and asking the hard questions. It's pertinent and on point.

The Derry animals like yourself weren't having that so continued to bring your hate filled obsession with Tyrone into the matter when you couldn't debate the well reasoned and rational criticisms put at Brolly and Derry.

This really should be some sort of behavioural study into the psyche of Derry GAA.

Pertinent points made about culture in Derry GAA and its correlation to the demise of the county team = vitriolic reaction from Derry posters, unable to debate the point and going off on unhinged rants about their neigbouring county.

I reckon Tyrone GAA is the first and last thing yourself and Screen think about on any given day, it's an extremely unhealthy obsession. Lurking around the Tyrone forums with all your accounts.

Does not change the facts lads.....UNIVERSALLY DETESTED. It's in your DNA, accept it, don't fight it, try to live with it as best you can. It must hurt, but remember please, next match you're at, every action has a reaction.

That's not a fact, that's an opinion.

Nobody is going to be worried about Derry anyway.

I couldn't give a toss about Derry in the 90s, I think it's sad and regrettable what has happened to them as a GAA county though.

You Derry folk have so much of an inferiority complex about yourselves that you simply cannot stop bringing Tyrone into any sort of discussion.

Says the tyrone man on a joe brolly thread whose last 40 or 50 posts have all been about Derry. You seem to have a bit of an issue here. I think you do care about Derry and you care that Derry are better on the like with like comparison.

Can you not read?

Hmmm, lets just take a closer look at this. He was invited to do an interview with Air where he spoke about a range of issues within the GAA. The interviewer stated near the end what really happened in 94. Joe outlined what had happened and gave background and context to the actions and reactions. This included m Moran's involvement and the incident with Jim Mcguigan. He was a player in the squad at that time and it was as close to a first hand rendition that you are going to get. Not sure how you don't see this, but then again, going by your posts, maybe I should.

imtommygunn

Quote from: rrhf on May 08, 2020, 05:55:46 PM
If you want to compare the two teams then compare them during the career of their talisman and to me you have 2 long serving lads representing the two eras with a slight met hence at the end.
Take Sean Cavanaghs career record
Against Derry and tohills against Tyrone and see which team had the higher win percentage. Tohill was the embodiment of the Derry era and Cavanagh the Tyrone era both their highs and lows. Don't know what the result will be but if someone does this I'm prepared to accept the results.

Their record against each other is a funny one given rivalry. You would say 95 was unexpected for Tyrone to beat Derry but Tyrone got to an ai final so can't have been too bad. Derry ambushed Tyrone one year too in earlyish noughties when it would have been very unexpected. Those two results aside I would guess most results dominated by whatever team on top in that particular era.

What year was it they played in Ulster then qualifiers? Or was there more than one?

Silver hill

Quote from: Angelo on May 08, 2020, 03:21:16 PM
Quote from: oakleaflad on May 08, 2020, 03:13:47 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 08, 2020, 02:54:28 PM
Quote from: Silver hill on May 08, 2020, 02:47:25 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 08, 2020, 02:39:28 PM
Quote from: lenny on May 08, 2020, 02:29:03 PM
The raw hatred and vindictiveness just oozing out of the Derry wans.

Lol Angela, just have a look at your last 30 or 40 posts. Everyone is about Derry and how much you despise them. Very interesting from a psychological point of view. Methinks you're just a tiny bit annoyed that on a like with like comparison v Tyrone from the noughties the Derry team from the 90s comes out on top.

This is a thread about Joe Brolly.

Joe Brolly recently launched a really nasty and petty broadside at Mickey Moran for effectively destroying GAA. I commented on this in that matter and added that it's no wonder Derry GAA is in such a state when that culture of bogeymen and scapegoats exist rather than being brave about it and asking the hard questions. It's pertinent and on point.

The Derry animals like yourself weren't having that so continued to bring your hate filled obsession with Tyrone into the matter when you couldn't debate the well reasoned and rational criticisms put at Brolly and Derry.

This really should be some sort of behavioural study into the psyche of Derry GAA.

Pertinent points made about culture in Derry GAA and its correlation to the demise of the county team = vitriolic reaction from Derry posters, unable to debate the point and going off on unhinged rants about their neigbouring county.

I reckon Tyrone GAA is the first and last thing yourself and Screen think about on any given day, it's an extremely unhealthy obsession. Lurking around the Tyrone forums with all your accounts.

Does not change the facts lads.....UNIVERSALLY DETESTED. It's in your DNA, accept it, don't fight it, try to live with it as best you can. It must hurt, but remember please, next match you're at, every action has a reaction.

That's not a fact, that's an opinion.

Nobody is going to be worried about Derry anyway.

I couldn't give a toss about Derry in the 90s, I think it's sad and regrettable what has happened to them as a GAA county though.

You Derry folk have so much of an inferiority complex about yourselves that you simply cannot stop bringing Tyrone into any sort of discussion.
I haven't commented on here as I couldn't be bothered with the arguing but GAA in Derry is in the best place it's ever been. Our senior county team aren't doing well, as we don't have enough top class players at the minute in my opinion, but overall GAA in Derry is in a seriously healthy state.

Look at the underage success, success of the schools and all that in Derry GAA and then look at the complete apathy towards guys playing for their county over the past 10-15 years. Derry certainly would have been good enough to win an Ulster in that time but for whatever internal reasons, plenty of their best players are just not bothered with turning out for Derry and that says something terrible about the culture in the county.

Danny Heavron for example is one of the best players in Ulster, hasn't played for Derry in years. Sean Leo McGoldrick another prime example, Dermot McBride - all top players and there's many more. What is wrong in Derry that their top players won't commit relative to other counties? Every Christmas it's the same story with Derry, loads of good players who won't commit.

There's something wrong with the culture there and you can't deny that, it's not a case of lads dropping off who weren't getting game time - these are key players we are talking about.

Something similar seems to have happened like that in Cavan in recent years.

But Derry folk would rather create a bogeyman in Tyrone GAA and create a scapegoat in someone like Mickey Moran than ask the hard questions internally and challenge a motor mouth like Brolly who says what he wants to settle old scores.

Danny played for Derry under Damian Barton for 2 years playing the football of his life. Damian was sacked by Brian Mcivor and Damian Mcerlain did not invite him to join the panel. It was a bizarre decision from a bizarre appointment. It was his prerogative to do so, but Damian mcerlain gave no explanation as to why he had been left out even though he would have known that it stuck out like a sore thumb. Heavron had also made it known that he was available and at a loss as to why he wasn't selected. They are club mates, but there was no history of any fallout that anyone connected with the club can remember. He was/is a top footballer and one we can't afford to be without.

rrhf

Tyrone bate them in 2001? in Ulster and then Derry bate them in the quarters.  That comparison on the tohill era v the cavanagh era would be interesting

imtommygunn

I don't think it would be much different though I don't fully mind league games. Score difference would be a different matter.

theticklemister

🗓#OnThisDay 9th May 2004

Tyrone GAA began the defence of their All Ireland title with a 1-17 to 1-06 victory over Derry GAA in the #USFC preliminary round at St Tiernach's Park, Clones.

Kevin Hughes was top scorer on the day with 1-2.

#UlsterGAA

quit yo jibbajabba

Estimator

Quote from: rrhf on May 08, 2020, 10:13:21 PM
Tyrone bate them in 2001? in Ulster and then Derry bate them in the quarters.  That comparison on the tohill era v the cavanagh era would be interesting

Yeah, first year of the qualifiers. Derry played both Antrim and Tyrone in the Ulster C'ship and then again in the qualifiers.
Tyrone won the first game 3-07 to 0-14
Derry won the quarter final 1-09 to 0-07 (Canavan sent off for a box on Johnny McBride)
Ulster League Champions 2009

sensethetone

Quote from: theticklemister on May 09, 2020, 11:11:46 AM
🗓#OnThisDay 9th May 2004

Tyrone GAA began the defence of their All Ireland title with a 1-17 to 1-06 victory over Derry GAA in the #USFC preliminary round at St Tiernach's Park, Clones.

Kevin Hughes was top scorer on the day with 1-2.

#UlsterGAA
Mark Harte denied a penalty because the ref took to long to call it but booked the Derry player..

quit yo jibbajabba

I wunner what the boul Joe thinks of yer man Cavanagh tonight hi and i also wunner what them tronies think of him now hi

*tries not to open can o worms. Cant resist*