Apr 9-12 Georgia: The Masters

Started by anportmorforjfc, April 02, 2009, 08:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogball XV

Quote from: mrsandman on April 03, 2009, 11:21:33 AM
Depending on where the player finishes, how does each way work when your bettin on golf? Is it the same sort of idea as horses?
1/4 first 5 at the minute, some bookies may be offering first 6 (but with a restricted field they mayn't).

corn02

If anyone is happy to make a small amount on a golfer who should be around the top but unlikely to have the bit extra to win. Mr reliable Jim Fuyrk is your man.

33/1 - probably the best e/w bet of all.

Hound

McIlroy will have done very well if he makes the cut.
I'd be hugely surprised if he gets into the Top 10.

I fancy Mickelson very strongly. Although he had a bad round in the tournament yesterday, +3 after 8, but there were very strong winds apparently. Hopefully it'll lengthen his odds for Augusta

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Orior on April 03, 2009, 08:51:47 AM
McIlroy hit a 72 around Augusta last week, playing with a couple of members. Dont know if that was off the green tees (or ladies tees) or whether they were giving him any putt under 4 ft, but competition pressure will make it a different proposition.

Depends how good he is at crazy golf
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

corn02

I'll wager a tenner with you Hound that McIlroy makes the cut, I'll even give you 2/1 odds?  ;)

Bogball XV

Quote from: Hound on April 03, 2009, 02:04:56 PM

I fancy Mickelson very strongly. Although he had a bad round in the tournament yesterday, +3 after 8, but there were very strong winds apparently. Hopefully it'll lengthen his odds for Augusta
I'd say that like Harrington he is using the current tournament to fine tune for a couple of days and then feck off back to Augusta.

corn02

Quote from: Bogball XV on April 03, 2009, 02:53:41 PM
Quote from: Hound on April 03, 2009, 02:04:56 PM

I'd say that like Harrington he is using the current tournament to fine tune for a couple of days and then feck off back to Augusta.

Mickelson has been in great form from the start of the year, as enjoyable to watch as ever - errartic as always. But there is an air of confidence about him, if he keeps the head right he will go close. Harrington will be there or thereabouts. His putting will keep him in touch with Tiger.

Can't see anyone but Woods for the win though.

Bogball XV

Quote from: corn02 on April 03, 2009, 02:55:39 PMCan't see anyone but Woods for the win though.
Can't be discounted obviously Corn, but he hasn't won in Augusta since '05, and hasn't been that impressive in his 3 tournaments to date this year, with driving being all over the place generally and whilst the short game was super last weekend, Augusta is a different kettle of fish from the straight forward Bay Hill greens.

corn02

Quote from: Bogball XV on April 03, 2009, 03:07:06 PM
Quote from: corn02 on April 03, 2009, 02:55:39 PMCan't see anyone but Woods for the win though.
Can't be discounted obviously Corn, but he hasn't won in Augusta since '05, and hasn't been that impressive in his 3 tournaments to date this year, with driving being all over the place generally and whilst the short game was super last weekend, Augusta is a different kettle of fish from the straight forward Bay Hill greens.

Indeed, like putting on ice.

But it was his putting that got him the win last week. in the final round he has 12 puts in 10 holes, extraordinary. I think he will take it.

Ball Hopper

K.J. Choi available at what price?

A Quinn Martin Production

Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Minder

Can anyone post the outright odds, cant get on gambling sites in work. Did someone post a gambling site that surf control did not pick up a while back?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Orior

Good win by Paul Casey last night, he would have been a good outside bet but 2 wins in a row is tough.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

corn02

Quote from: Orior on April 06, 2009, 03:04:26 PM
Good win by Paul Casey last night, he would have been a good outside bet but 2 wins in a row is tough.

Stay away, that would be my advice.

The man does not have the psychological edge to win a major. He gets too pumped and he usually has a few flyers on the back nine.

Casey and Mickleson are my two to avoid this weekend.