Laois Senior Football Championship 2019

Started by The PRO, February 28, 2019, 09:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

portlaoisekid

Fair play to eire og, they wanted it more .best of luck in final, this year will hurt portlaoise, it was not good enough by anyones standards.

As for yer man poacher, if he was in charge of eire og they would have lost , a loser lost on Twitter whilst real coaches like Joe Murphy coach real teams to finals and beyond

Neutralobserver

Bad night for portlaoise ok but this team have given alot of people happy memories. They need to rebuild. I'm not sure their demise is good for laois football although alot of the other clubs will be delighted by it

TheGiantSquid

Interesting to see if Rigney gets another year. I wonder would they go bak to McNulty again?

portlaoisekid

I wouldn't rule out portlaoise next year lads , Healy and cahillane  will be back...the young lads will have another year to progress , I expect Saunders, Dowling, Larkin, mcevoy and jason Maher to be big players for next year, and a couple more to bring even more youth to this team. Make no mistake portlaoise are not going away.

This year was poor, the poorest it's been in many many years and still county champions despite this fact, it makes you wonder if they were not beaten by this year how the hell will they be beaten next year when surely they wont be as bad again...I expect some changes, a couple to step away but that's natural and good in terms of the squad.

I dont blame rigney one iota, he and the club were left in a desperate situation and made the best of it..he is a brilliant  clubman who stood up to the plate when no one wanted the job and a man I admire greatly.Do I expect him there next year , absolutely not.As I said before this year will desperately hurt portlaoise and every step will be taken to make things right.

On a side note, harsh enough to have u20 senior at 2pm today...

Laoiseabu

Quote from: portlaoisekid on November 24, 2019, 10:02:44 AM
I wouldn't rule out portlaoise next year lads , Healy and cahillane  will be back...the young lads will have another year to progress , I expect Saunders, Dowling, Larkin, mcevoy and jason Maher to be big players for next year, and a couple more to bring even more youth to this team. Make no mistake portlaoise are not going away.

This year was poor, the poorest it's been in many many years and still county champions despite this fact, it makes you wonder if they were not beaten by this year how the hell will they be beaten next year when surely they wont be as bad again...I expect some changes, a couple to step away but that's natural and good in terms of the squad.

I dont blame rigney one iota, he and the club were left in a desperate situation and made the best of it..he is a brilliant  clubman who stood up to the plate when no one wanted the job and a man I admire greatly.Do I expect him there next year , absolutely not.As I said before this year will desperately hurt portlaoise and every step will be taken to make things right.

What planet are you on ? Mars ?

portlaoisekid

Quote from: Laoiseabu on November 24, 2019, 10:16:59 AM
Quote from: portlaoisekid on November 24, 2019, 10:02:44 AM

What planet are you on ? Mars ?
earth

Blow-in

Wouldn't it be fantastic to see Steven Poacher run over by a bus or something?

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Batman!!! on November 24, 2019, 10:17:30 PM
Wouldn't it be fantastic to see Steven Poacher run over by a bus or something?

Do yourself a favour and stop following him on Twitter. He is a total clown and not worthy of even a mention here..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Neutralobserver

i see Ronan McEvoy scored 2-8 in the u-20 yesterday, were Portlaoise holding him back for it from Saturday night or how come he did not feature to much with the seniors.

also is there many others of that u20 squad ready to step up to the senior squad for next year?

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: Neutralobserver on November 25, 2019, 08:46:19 AM
i see Ronan McEvoy scored 2-8 in the u-20 yesterday, were Portlaoise holding him back for it from Saturday night or how come he did not feature to much with the seniors.

also is there many others of that u20 squad ready to step up to the senior squad for next year?

He's a seriously athletic player and I was sure he was set to start against Eire Og the last day. Should be given a look in for the Laois senior in my opinion.

Whelan and the two midfielders from last year, Tyrell and Dunne, seem to be the most likely to step up in my opinion. A lot of very talented players on that U-20 squad from last year who are underage again this year. Hopefully Kinsella and backroom team can bring them on further.

Blow-in

Ronan McEvoy for the Laois Seniors? Christ, the young lad still sleeps with the light on at night!

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Batman!!! on November 25, 2019, 10:41:19 AM
Ronan McEvoy for the Laois Seniors? Christ, the young lad still sleeps with the light on at night!
Exactly Batman . And also I doubt a lad Is ready to play for Laois seniors when he can't even start for his club .Cant be putting the cart before the horse.

Neutralobserver

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on November 25, 2019, 10:12:25 AM
Quote from: Neutralobserver on November 25, 2019, 08:46:19 AM

He's a seriously athletic player and I was sure he was set to start against Eire Og the last day. Should be given a look in for the Laois senior in my opinion.

i was referring to any one from the portlaoise u-20 set up stepping up the the portlaoise senior set up and not the laois set up

Whelan and the two midfielders from last year, Tyrell and Dunne, seem to be the most likely to step up in my opinion. A lot of very talented players on that U-20 squad from last year who are underage again this year. Hopefully Kinsella and backroom team can bring them on further.

portlaoisekid

Quote from: Laoiseabu on November 25, 2019, 11:50:44 AM
Exactly Batman . And also I doubt a lad Is ready to play for Laois seniors when he can't even start for his club .Cant be putting the cart before the horse.
totally agree, sugrue had him in training at one stage but he has to show it at club level first, I've no doubt he will though.laois u20 for sure

SCFC

Quote from: portlaoisekid on November 25, 2019, 04:22:59 PM
Quote from: Laoiseabu on November 25, 2019, 11:50:44 AM
totally agree, sugrue had him in training at one stage but he has to show it at club level first, I've no doubt he will though.laois u20 for sure
Is he underage for under 20s in 2020?