Monaghan v Laois - Sunday 8th July - Navan Navan

Started by GrandMasterFlash, July 05, 2018, 11:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

straightred

Quote from: laoislad on July 08, 2018, 03:27:49 PM
Much better from Laois in 2nd half. 4 points in it with 5 to play.

mconville on the radio said the keeper saved 6 one-on-one chances. is that true?

Cunny Funt

5 point win for Monaghan. Kildare in their current form will fancy their chances to win next Sunday.

laoislad

Quote from: straightred on July 08, 2018, 03:34:31 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 08, 2018, 03:27:49 PM
Much better from Laois in 2nd half. 4 points in it with 5 to play.

mconville on the radio said the keeper saved 6 one-on-one chances. is that true?
I lost count!

Fantastic effort from Laois. Five point defeat in the end but  they gave it everything in the second half and considering this was Division 4 v Division 1 it was a lot closer than many expected.
Brody is one of the best Goalkeepers in the country.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Captain Obvious

Have Monaghan emptied the tank before the Super 8s?

straightred

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 08, 2018, 03:43:19 PM

we'll see - you'd have expected them to push on today after being so much ahead in the 1st half but it sounds like the couldn't get the goal they needed to put it away. Putting the qualifiers against each other next week is a good idea. Both teams will be playing for the 4th week in a row whereas the provincial winners will be rested. I think that's the fairest all round

Schkite

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 08, 2018, 03:43:19 PM

I'd say the opposite tbh in that we might be a bit undercooked, we didn't get any sort of a test in the qualifiers up until the 2nd half today so didn't exert ourselves at all, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

Laois to their credit fought back well today and kept the game interesting right up to the end. We always had that 4 pt cushion so I don't know if we were ever in real jeopardy, but it ended up being a hell of alot more nervy than it should have been. Excellent 1st half, but it seems like some lads heads were already in the Super 8s by the second half, but Laois kept plugging away. Brody was immense for Laois, and only for him we'd surely have had a couple of goals and the tie would have been put to bed early, but as it was we had to grit it out to the end.

Anyway, into the Super 8s now which was always the objective, but alot to work on. Kildare next week is a massive game which both really need to win. I can see most people tipping Kildare now given our recent form, but hopefully we can get the heads focused again and give it a right lash.

Unlaoised

Have you ever seen a display like the laois keeper yesterday .
Dont think i ever witnessed anything like it .

At one stage monaghan people stood and applauded him in the second half
LAOIS ABÚ

laoislad

Quote from: Unlaoised on July 09, 2018, 09:45:55 AM

Someone should tell Jurgen Klopp!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Unlaoised

Quote from: laoislad on July 09, 2018, 11:05:40 AM
Quote from: Unlaoised on July 09, 2018, 09:45:55 AM

Someone should tell Jurgen Klopp!

Seriously tho you had to be there to withness it ...Brody was superb Ill never see a better display again!
LAOIS ABÚ

Laoiseabu

I'd be more worried about the amount of goal chances we are allowing teams than focusing on our keepers performance . It's a bad sign when your keeper is one of the busiest keepers the country.

Unlaoised

Quote from: Laoiseabu on July 11, 2018, 01:35:31 AM
I'd be more worried about the amount of goal chances we are allowing teams than focusing on our keepers performance . It's a bad sign when your keeper is one of the busiest keepers the country.

You need not worry too much sure your a Kildare man!!!!(No point in posting anymore under this name mate)
LAOIS ABÚ

Laoiseabu

How am I a Kildare man ?😂😂😂😂 I'm a Laois man that's not deluded that's what I am .