LSFC 2015 Semi Final - Dublin v Kildare, June 28th 4pm.

Started by Dinny Breen, June 14, 2015, 05:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

I hope for the sake of Leinster football our neighbours Kildare give the Dubs a game...I think it might be closer than people think!

Ryan has proved with a middle of the road Wexford team that he can rattle the Dubs
LAOIS ABÚ

Jinxy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 25, 2015, 10:48:47 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 25, 2015, 10:45:23 AM
I suppose this game's a foregone conclusion.
Only issue the margin of victory.

Yeah it's difficult to see how Dublin will break us down. Kildare by 5.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Main Street

About to face the firing squad does inspire a Kildare man's humour.

Dinny Breen

Will be the smallest Kildare crowd ever in Croke Park I would venture this week, if we bring 3k I'd be shocked. Have never seen such apathy, we don't even have hope and if anyone still does, just listen to any of the radio shows or read any of the newspaper columns or forums (The Kildare forum already has a Offaly thread) and that will soon dissipate. 

Gaelic football must be the only sport in the world where such negativity occurs and the most depressing thing is that after Kildare lose that the negativity will continue and players will be slated for losing by x amount of points, where's their pride etc.. How the feck can they have pride when everyone is determined to run them down.

If Kildare focus on performance and Dublin get a bit ragged and lose discipline and structure then they have a chance, can't seen it but I'd love it...

#newbridgeornowhere

Captain Scarlet

Dinny like it or not we are a county divided. Feck like I thought maybe it was time for a new man instead of Geezer but like if it was going to happen to be thought out and done correctly.
Instead it was a heave from the big clubs and now Kildare fans and even clubs are divided along those lines. Such negativity and shambolic planning all round. Prime example was the club draw that was really well put together and had serious prizes...instead of being 'sold' the draw which clubs could keep a cut of sales they told clubs that they would be penalised if they didn't sell a certain amount...
Every time we read about Kildare it's a downer and it must be said many journos, even at national level, hung on every word our former manager uttered and we were talked up a bit. Still we were a solid top 8 team for a long stint which any Kildare would take in a heartbeat now.
I'm going up and once I don't see us lose by ten I'd be happy. Even hold them for the first 50 mins would be something.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on June 25, 2015, 10:04:15 PM
Dinny like it or not we are a county divided. Feck like I thought maybe it was time for a new man instead of Geezer but like if it was going to happen to be thought out and done correctly.
Instead it was a heave from the big clubs and now Kildare fans and even clubs are divided along those lines. Such negativity and shambolic planning all round. Prime example was the club draw that was really well put together and had serious prizes...instead of being 'sold' the draw which clubs could keep a cut of sales they told clubs that they would be penalised if they didn't sell a certain amount...
Every time we read about Kildare it's a downer and it must be said many journos, even at national level, hung on every word our former manager uttered and we were talked up a bit. Still we were a solid top 8 team for a long stint which any Kildare would take in a heartbeat now.
I'm going up and once I don't see us lose by ten I'd be happy. Even hold them for the first 50 mins would be something.

Have to agree with most of that, at the time I felt McGeeney had run his course too but the handling of that was GUBU, embarrassing for any Kildare supporter and it's not till the next manager is appointed that we will get closure and as you point  out we are still suffering from the negativity it caused inside and outside the county. As for journalists, Ewan MacKenna of the Sunday Tribue was the eejit who kept building Kildare up and McGeeney as some sort of Messiah like figure, his sports Editor Kieran Shannon of the Tribune also seem to be a fan as well. I understand the desire for new teams to challenge but surely these need to win trophies(provincial/league) consistently to be real challengers, our National Media seem to miss that point when it came to Kildare. You can also see it now with Roscommon, Galway, Tipperary and Armagh, teams blown up beyond their station. Feck there was clowns claiming Laois were in the best position to challenge Dublin in Leinster.

1. Mark Donnellan Maynooth
2. Ciaran Fitzpatrick Kilcock
3. Mick O Grady Celbridge
4. Ollie Lyons Celbridge
5. Kevin Murnaghan Moorefield
6. Emmet Bolton Eadestown
7. Eoin Doyle Naas
8. Gary White Sarsfields
9. Paul Cribbin Johnstownbridge
10. Padraig O'Neill St Laurence's
11. Eoghan O'Flaherty Carbury
12. Cathay McNally Johnstownbridge
13. Eamonn Callaghan Naas
14. Alan Smith Sarsfields
15. Padraig Fogarty St Laurence's

Expect White to drop back and Murnaghan or Doyle to drop back further. O'Neill to drop into midfield, Leper and McNally to run their bollixes off with O'Flaherty looking to hit Smith and Fogarty inside and expecting O'Neill, Cribben, McNally and Callaghan joining in support. It's a system that looked awkward initially against Laois but over two games looked more relaxed (probably because Laois gave up).

I'll be quite contend if our players work their asses off and unlike Laois keep it going till the final whistle. Realistically can't ask for much more than that.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

The fallout from that night is certainly still being felt. The galling thing about it is that it was almost inevitable it was going to end that way. We had a county board chairman who ended up in the position without ever really wanting it or seeking it out. McGeeney was never challenged after Padraig Ashe abandoned ship. Ashe wasn't universally popular at the time but he never seemed to shy away from the big decisions. It would have been interesting to see how the story would have played out had he remained. From 2011 we ended up meandering to a situation where the clubs were cranky and fed up with being ridden roughshod over and the county board executive couldn't even vote in unison.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Teo Lurley

Dublin have a basketball coach now. Do they have other coaches aswell? I wonder is he working for free.

From the Bunker

What was the standing ovation (from all fans) there for?

manfromdelmonte

Wildweasel74

Good Challenge game for the dubs cause thats the pace this game been played at, At least the snooze fest last night with Donegal was tight.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 28, 2015, 04:22:38 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 28, 2015, 04:20:44 PM
Westmeath?

Well (if it was) you'd think the commentators would have acknowledged it!

Tubberman

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 28, 2015, 04:25:03 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 28, 2015, 04:22:38 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 28, 2015, 04:20:44 PM
Westmeath?

Well (if it was) you'd think the commentators would have acknowledged it!

A tribute to those that died in the Berkely balcony collapse I think
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."