LSFC 2015 Semi Final - Dublin v Kildare, June 28th 4pm.

Started by Dinny Breen, June 14, 2015, 05:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

From a Kildare perspective this is all about performance, staying within 5 would be good and that's what I would be looking for.

Another double digit defeat to Dublin will be hard too swallow regardless of the gap in standards.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Treble header with Meath/Westmeath and and a nice touch from the Leinster Council the Kildare/Dublin minor game. At least we'll have more supporters at the minor game.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

I imagine there will be a few changes to the Kildare team. Eoin Doyle, Tommy Moolick and Niall Kelly will all be needed from the start. I'm not sure who you drop though. Jason Ryan will earn his corn planning for this one. I doubt Peter Kelly will be ready if he wasn't even togged out last night which is a pity.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 14, 2015, 08:18:58 PM
I imagine there will be a few changes to the Kildare team. Eoin Doyle, Tommy Moolick and Niall Kelly will all be needed from the start. I'm not sure who you drop though. Jason Ryan will earn his corn planning for this one. I doubt Peter Kelly will be ready if he wasn't even togged out last night which is a pity.

What's wrong with Kelly?
#newbridgeornowhere

Captain Scarlet

Kildare need as much pace as possible next day. Maybe McNally might be one to track McCaffrey.
Moolick and Cribbin can move so I hope we are ok there.
I think Paudie could face the chop for Niall Kelly. It's more about a performance than anything else. I'm looking forward to Croker! The minors are playing too but I assume it's a noon throw-in?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 14, 2015, 08:23:43 PM

What's wrong with Kelly?

He has a dodgy hamstring. Taken off injured for TMH against Ellistown in the championship last month. He was on his way back and then picked up a bad dose of the flu the week before last. Seemingly he's very behind as regards training and sharpness.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 14, 2015, 08:32:47 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 14, 2015, 08:23:43 PM

What's wrong with Kelly?

He has a dodgy hamstring. Taken off injured for TMH against Ellistown in the championship last month. He was on his way back and then picked up a bad dose of the flu the week before last. Seemingly he's very behind as regards training and sharpness.

Aware of the hammer but when I heard Ryan talking about sickness I wasn't sure. We could do with him!
#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

Imagine if this was the year Kildare did it. It would make sense becasuse it makes no sense.

Wildweasel74

Within 5, i be happy with 10 for Kildare to be honest, but you never know, some team in leinster has to catch dublin on the hop some day when its never expected,

squire_in_navy_slacks

Kildare are in a nice place coming into this game, no pressure at all unlike previous seasons under Geezer, It will be a tight affair I think once there are no such tweets  ;)

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=239091

Kildare GAA apologises for 'ambulance' tweet
14 June 2015

Kildare GAA has issued an apology for a tweet which caused offence to quite a few Laois people last night.

The Lilywhites were c**k-a-hoop after hammering the O'Moore's by 3-18 to 1-11 in their Leinster SFC quarter-final replay, and the county board's official twitter account couldn't resist rubbing it into the neighbours when tweeting: "Ambulance leaves Tullamore with Laois inside"

Jinxy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 14, 2015, 05:45:50 PM
From a Kildare perspective this is all about performance, staying within 5 would be good and that's what I would be looking for.

Another double digit defeat to Dublin will be hard too swallow regardless of the gap in standards.

Just go out and get stuck into them Dinny.
Really stuck into them.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Shamrock Shore

Jack Sheedy avaialble for consultation on how to, ahem, match the Dubs mano-a-mano.  :-\

That said I hope the Lilys put up a daycent fight. Wouldn't be putting a found fiver on them, mind you, but I will wish them all the best.

AZOffaly

The twitter account was getting excited on Saturday alright. They had a couple in that sort of vein. Sure lookit, championship makes you excited, and I'm sure they are only human, unlike the Robot Tweeter that Geezer had on then staff.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 15, 2015, 11:11:01 AM
The twitter account was getting excited on Saturday alright. They had a couple in that sort of vein. Sure lookit, championship makes you excited, and I'm sure they are only human, unlike the Robot Tweeter that Geezer had on then staff.

In fairness that's just it, there was an ambulance with flashing blue lights heading from the hospital as the game was wrapping up so it was probably some smart comment at the ground that the Tweeter though they'd share with the world. Anyone offended by that really needs a long look in the mirror at themselves.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Kildare are just going to have to park the bus park the horsebox and hope for the best.